Final

Little Troublemakers

            Ten little dirty fingerprints on the white linen cover of the dining table welcomes Kyungsoo home from work. Kyungsoo fumes at the sight remembering that he just washed the said cloth. It's his favourite and a gift from his mom. Now he's sure his husband didn't do this because the tiny evidence matches his kids'. The only variable left is who between the twins to complete the equation.

 

 

           Kyungsoo opens the fridge for a glass of water. The yellow box catches Kyungsoo's eye that were forcefully opened and finds two packs of chocolate bars are missing from it. A sigh escapes from his lips and closes the fridge. Kyungsoo proceeds upstairs to scold the kids but stops mid-air upon realising that the house is eerily quiet. Now that is a very rare moment in Kim's household because Kim Chanyeol and Kim Sehun and silence do not mix well together. Kyungsoo praises the Lord momentarily but at the same time finds it suspicious.

 

 

            He continusly goes up, silently and carefully, ready to bust his sons. He turns right, straight to the twin's room. He places his ears on the door and silence replies back to him. He furrows his eyebrows and stares at the mahogany door in front of him. He tries to listen misplaced noises but there are still none. With a heavy sigh, he opens the door. The room is empty except for the two empty beds and toys sprawled on the floor. Kyungsoo picks it all up and places them on the toy box and arranging some of them on the display shelf. He should be rich by now if he gets a penny every time he cleans his sons' mess, Kyungsoo thinks to himself.

 

 

              After closing the box, Kyungsoo finds the same fingertips on the box lid. A little messier this time. He draws a sheet from the baby wipes and cleans it. He stands up and throws it in the trash bin. Kyungsoo scans the room with his hawk eyes and panics, realising that his sons are not in their respective room which is a very very bad news to him because the twins are a walking disaster and he cannot afford more calamity inside their home. He exits the room, closing the door behind him and proceeds to the study room to ask Jongin the kids’ whereabouts.

 

 

             A snore stops Kyungsoo. Kyungsoo listens again, afraid that he just misheard. There it goes again, a snore. Kyungsoo traces the sound on the master bedroom. He opens the door and the sight catches him off-guard. There in their bed lays two kids and a grown-up man huddled together. Kyungsoo smiles and goes inside. He stares at the two adorable mischievous kids sporting angelic faces and his husband oozing of appeal even in his sleep. Kyungsoo places a kiss on the kids forehead, whispering "I'm home" and covers them in warm blankets. And a kiss on the lips for his husband before proceeding to change his clothes. The scolding can come later in the morning.