Jobless Jung?

tell me a love story
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

For once, Jessica never disappointed any one with her monthly works in dishing out the best of the best love stories for their company's Gwangye magazine. Sadly, flaunting about her written works are out of the picture right now because everything she has been writing this quarter is running on the same page of every relationship. Nothing is new and the sales of their magazine are declining. Her boss aren't quite the fan of money-talks but it came to the extent of her holding up an entire day of work just to have a heart-to-heart talk with Miss Jung. Well, not quite a hearty talk but it's the same either way.

 

"Jessica!", a stern voice booms the speakers inside the lobby, surprising Jessica in her cubicle. "In my office, now!"

 

Said name replied, "Ne!"

 

She stops typing on her supposed proposal for a month-long vacation with her family in Disneyland. Just as she was about to exit the office program, her co-employee, Hyoyeon, saunters on her cubicle and laughed with that cheap coffee in her hand. Is she the only one who isn't aware of the happenings around?

 

//

 

"Pardon?"

 

"Jessica.." Her boss, BoA, sighs for the umpteenth time. She wanted everything to be clear as possible for her. "You're technically fired."

 

"What?"

 

"For the past hour, I've been earning a mere 'what?' from you, Miss Jung, just in different spellings and pronounciations.", she continues, deadpanned. "Listen." BoA inches close to a lifeless Jessica and whispers. "The actual boss is sending his relative to work here. There are no vacant jobs available so that means your job is, again, technically available. Not that kind of available for applicants but available for the higher ups."

 

Jessica recovered from her reverie and snappped at her boss. "What?! Since when?! I've been giving a damn about my scoops and all I get is this?"

 

BoA reaches for her drink but stops when Jessica reached for it first and drank it. 

 

"What the--?"

 

She rests the glass of water on the desk yet again and inquires BoA. "Is this glass half full or half empty?"

 

BoA a lone brow whoch questioned Jessica's mere existence but she snaps at her again which surprised her. Naturally, she'd response. Yes, that's what she's doing but before she could even begin, Jessica cuts her off.

 

"I-I'm going home.", she gets up hastily which caused her balance to falter a little bit with BoA's hand trying to balance her but she mutters it's okay; everything's okay except for the job she'll be fired for about a month or two.

 

"Okay, good day to you miss--"

 

Jessica slams the door shut before her and the silence ringing in her boss' ears are deafening.

 

"....Jung"

 

//

 

Everything since morning came has been totally crappy for Jessica. Even at that time she shut the door before her, she wished BoA took her back and apologized for everything she said but, apparently, that wouldn't happen because...well...she's fired! Jessica already called off the vacation. Who's gonna sponsor it, anyways? Her mom found another one which she turned down a week ago and she'll save her for a talk later. What's gonna happen--

 

"Oh. my. God!"

 

A car just flew way past her in a blink of an eye. Is this a sign that she should just have to do charities in Africa and feed malnourished kids? 

 

"God, I totally didn't ask for this!", Jessica shouts to no one but herself. 

 

//

 

Jessica gets to go home whole and alive.

 

She came back with a disappointed heart and dreary face. That explains why she was fired at her job (technically, so) and encountered a near-death experience at the busy streets of Seoul just an hour

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter