Updates

Vivid Dreams (Writing Contest:CLOSED AND FINISHED)

DEADLINE: April 7th, 2015 11:59 MST

April 10th, 2014

This will give you all about a year to complete your entries and in time to start my read-athon for my birthday that's on the 8th. I will patiently wait and try my best not to hound you all with this contest. I understand, I've done a few. But please know that I don't play with deadlines. I will identify the time as the contest comes to an end. Questions and concerns are more than welcomed.

Let's have fun and good luck to you all!

April 11th, 2014

Round of applause to our first daring writer who stepped up to the plate! Thank you for joining pinaywriter. I'm posting a link to everyone's username when I post your fic in the entry directory. I see it as advertising for you all. If anyone doesn't want their username linked to themselves let me know. Thanks! <3

 

August 6th, 2014

Hey everyone, hope everyone had a great Summer! Just doing a check in to see how everyone is doing since it's been a few months. Let me know if any of you need a little inspiration since I did basically leave almost every option open to you guys. Also I was hoping to see more contestants, so if you guys have any advice for me to get more people to join please let me know. Remember I am willing to be a little more giving if there are more contestants, see it benefits both of us hehe. Anyways, let me know if you have any questions for the contest and I'd be more than happy to answer.

Take Care!<3 

 

Janurary 2nd, 2015

Happy New Year's everyone!!! So there's a few months left in this competition yet it's lying on it's death bed lol. So sad! Is it because the prizes are not all that great? Is it because I'm not annoyingly spamming people to participate? Is it because I've given too much time? Is it because my competition isn't all that creative and fancy looking like the rest? Blah, my mind is just so confused as to what to do to help this competition thrive. Can someone please give me some advice as to what I am doing wrong? haha, I sound so desperate. But hey if that's what it takes for someone to bless me with their wisdom I guess I will.

But in the mean time I will change up the prizes to see if that's the issue. Hopefully with the changes of the prizes (The reason why only first place would get karma points is because sadly that is every last bit of points to my name, yeah I don't know how everyone else is able to give out like a gazillion karma points like it's nothing. But maybe I'm just not as stealthy as the rest of you peeps.) you all will grace this competition with your presence. And if this doesn't work I think I'm going to discontinue this competition and sadly leave the hopeful Minzy stories that I would like to read to myself to write, haha sad story of my life. Thanks for reading my sad rant, please let me know if you have any questions. 

 

Janurary 10th, 2015

Hello!!!! Hope everyone is getting settled with ideas seeing as the competition seeing as there's about four months left. Please let me know if you haven't already told me if you're interested. I'm just trying to get a feel of where this competition is at with everyone. Whether it be I should focus on oneshots over chaptered, vice versa, or not run it at all. Whatever the big concerns are, please also let me know. For example if your work needs a small extension I'll look into possibly doing so if there's a big demand. Also, I'll do my best to have reminds more frequent as the time winds down. Thanks all, stay amazing!!! 

 

Janurary 18th, 2015

Hey all guess what today is?! Happy birthday to my girl Minzy! Hope she has a great one. With that in mind, in honor of her birthday I wish to increase the karma points by 200 points. Though I would really like to increase it by more, that's as far as I can stretch it since you know I can't earn karma as fast as I want them. But there's a catch to this, I need your commets below to tell me where the karma points should go under. I could do 100 for each, all to oneshots, or all points to chaptered. Please pick one of the three choices and write a comment down below so I can place the points where you all best see fit. As always please let me know if you have any concerns or questions about this competition I'm more than willing to answer them. Thanks!

 

Feburary 7th, 2015

Sweet I got one reply...hmm I was hoping for more but I guess not. The 200 karma points will go under oneshots. Tacking on those points today...yay!

 This competition will end in two months hope everyone is doing well. Seeing as things are winding down I will be doing my best to check into this competition more frequent. Any who thanks for staying up to date and please as always let me know if you have any questions or concerns about this contest feel free to message me or leave a comment below, thanks! 

 

Feburary 27th, 2015

Hey everyone!

There's about a month left for this contest. Looking at the subscribers and comment section I'm a little worried about participation. Seems like there's interest in oneshots, but I haven't received much for chaptered. But then again I've only received some attention for oneshots. Can those of you possibly thinking about entering just leave a comment as to if you are and for which section? Depending on the comments I get it will help me see whether I should focus all my efforts on just oneshots or continue both. This will be much appreciated. Thanks, and hope to hear from all of you soon!

 

March 17th, 2015

Hey everyone!

There is offically 20 more days until this contest is over! Yay! But I'm well aware that this contest is pretty dry. Sad story of my life. So I'm thinking for the next week I will be updating every day. Whether it be to check up, adjust prizes (which it could go either way more or less), or something random. But moral of this update is to potentially see at least 10 entries per section. If I can see that, I will be content and not be too greedy lol. Hope you all are doing well and thanks for tunning in. Until tomorrow...

 

March 18th, 2015

whoa I'm rollin' in a quick one before the day is completely over. There's 19 days left. Hope all is well. Looking forward to all your guys beautiful works of art! 

 

March 24th,2015

Holy smokes I cannot keep up seriously! I start my second job today so my life has been a bit hectic. But enough about me, just checking in with all of you. Let me know if there are any questions or concerns about this competition and I will gladly answer them. 13 days to go!!!

 

April 2nd, 2015 LAST UPDATE WITH BIG CHANGES!

So I failed at updating every day, who knew that working two full time jobs would  be so time consuming. Yay smart points for me lol. Any way since I failed at that I feel it fair to extend this competition one extra day!

PRIZE CHANGES-

Hopefully it's a good change. But instead of saying that the cash needs to spent on certain sites it's just gonna be cash prizes because now that I think of it if you win the money fair and square you should be able to determine where your money is spent. You agree? I don't know it just makes more sense. With that being said  this is my last attempt to make this competition worth it for both you and I:

1-5 entries there will not be prize money in that section.

6-10 entries (in a section, not altogether) the prize money will stay as is.

11-14 entries (in a section, not altogether) the prize money will increase by $10.

15-20 entries (in a section, not altogether) the prize money will increase by $20.

20 + entries (I will be having THE best birthday ever!!!) the prize money will increase but that I wanna leave blank until I see the exact number, just know the prize money increase will be more than $20. AND 2nd and 3rd will also get prize money!!! YAY!

Keep in mind you can submit up to THREE entries per section!

This is the last and final change to this competition. Not sure how all of you will take it but hopefully it's in a positive way. It's been a nice year long event and I can't believe it's coming to an end and most importantly I can't wait to read the outcome of it all! Please let me know if you have any questions. Thanks!