Eureka

Eureka

Crowd of people trotted around the airport; as you view the huge Christmas tree - beautifully decorated - together with the few of the travelers that stop and awed at the view. Behind the crowd of people; there you were with a mission to uphold, the moment you landed in Seoul. Taking your last glance at the tree you grab your black suitcase and head off towards the arrival area.

Your phone beep as soon as you got into the cab towards your destination.

 
We will arrive Seoul at 10. Myungsoo will head home first, the rest will be in the studio. You know the pass code, right? - Sunggyu.

Yes, I know. - You
 

 

Ever since the boys world tour started, you have not seen Myungsoo for a long time in person, virtually you only saw him through online conversation. That too, would always be short, just looking at the distressed expression on his face made you shorten the time you both had for each other. The boys noticed the solemn look of Myungsoo every time you ended the late night calls early. Especially, Sunggyu which then led you to here.

 
"That will be, 15,000 won" said the cab driver.
 
Counting the correct notes, you gave it to the driver and thank him. You shivered at the sudden coldness and made your way up to the building, pulling your suitcase. The chillness of the dorm invited you, putting away the suitcase at the corner, you switch on the heater and moved toward the kitchen.
 
You glanced at the clock on the wall, its six in the evening. You calculated the time he will arrive. That will be, enough time.  Your lips lifted up to a smile at the thought of Myungsoo coming home. It has been such a long time since the concert started at Seoul. This special surprise you and the boys planned for him, you secretly hope it will make him happy. With that mindset, you quickly note down the ingredients before going to the mart at the nearby neighborhood.
 
The kimchi jigae boiled at the low medium heat making the smell whiffed around the dorm. You chopped the rolled omelet into thin pieces before laying it out on top of the rice. Time check, its ten in the evening. Switching off the soup then covering it with the lid. You laid out the favorite dishes of Myungsoo that you have learned from his mother a year back on the table. You placed the candle lights in the middle of the table before switching on the soft music in the background making the romantic ambiance instantly. Just missing the perfect someone that you are dining with today. You quickly changed your outfit to a black short mini dress before checking your phone for any text.
 
Myungsoo is on his way. - Sunggyu
 
Okay! Thank you, oppa. - You

The sound of the door unlocked riveted your attention from your phone. You swiftly lighted up the candles, and stood beside the table.
The door opened and the black shirt man entered lethargically. That pulled a string in your heart seeing how tired he was. Removing his shoes off, he looked up towards your direction frowning at the soft melody playing in the background. His eyes widened at the view. Lighted candles on the table, a “WELCOME BACK” sign on the wall and there was you, waiting for him.
 
”______?” called Myungsoo, not believing his eyes. He approached you slowly, and poked you. When you didn’t disappeared at his touch, he enveloped you into a tight hug that left you breathless.
 
 
"Myungsoo ah.. I can’t breathe"you patted his shoulder, he released you and held your face giving you a moment of warmness at his touch. Myungsoo gave you an admiring smile knowing that you are right here in flesh and not just a speck of his imagination. A growling sound disturbed the short romantic moment you had, making a spurt of laughter from both of you.
 
"Sorry..I haven’t had a proper meal" said Myungsoo ruffling his hair in embarrassment. You his face tenderly giving him a small peck on the lips before pushing him to seat.
 
"Which is why I prepared for you your favorite" you said, pouring him a glass of warm water.
 
Ahhh, can I marry you now?” asked Myungsoo, after consuming a spoonful of the kimchi jigae you made earlier. You giggled at his sudden confusion.
 
"You have to improved on that proposal, Mr Kim, before you get a YES from me", you playfully warned him.
 
Myungsoo pouted at the rejection. He watched you as you eat, quietly thanking God; for giving you in his life. His most precious asset in his life that he will never exchanged for anything.
 
"Thank you…" he said, getting your attention, you looked up at him and tilted your head at his sudden confession.
 
"For this surprise, for being by my side when rumors about me spread and for always putting your trust in me. _____ , thank you…" grasping your hand.
 

"You’re welcome…" you said, giving him a warm smile in reply.
as he gave a tender smooch on your hand.