Childish

Childish

Eunhyuk has once thought if his boyfriend of six years was really that childish and that his maturity (or immaturity) is on the same level as a pre-school student. But when he was dragged towards a playground on the eve of his 29th birthday, he questioned his sanity for sticking up with the childish boyfriend.

“Hae? What the are we doing here?” Eunhyuk asked as Donghae sat on one of the swings.

Donghae did not answer but just looked at the sky were the stars were twinkling brightly. Eunhyuk sighed as he sat on the vacant swing next to the boyfriend and looked up towards the diresction of Donghae’s line of sight.

“It’s a beautiful night.” Eunhyuk uttered and Donghae smiled at him adorably – and try as he might, it’s this smile that he fell for the first time- with eyes glinting with happiness.

But then Donghae returned his gaze upwards as if waiting for something. Eunhyuk did not question him further, he instead focused on how the moon illuminated Donghae’s features perfectly, highlighting the lovely eyes of the younger.

Donghae smiled as he counted off and Eunhyuk looked at him in pure curiosity. Donghae then faced the boyfriend and smiled at him. “Happy birthday hyukkie!” HE chirped and walked towards him to give him a peck on the cheek.

Eunhyuk smiled as he felt the warmth crept on his cheeks and he just couldn’t help himself blush whenever the younger showed his affection publicly. And after six years, he still couldn’t get over it.

“Thank Hae!” He said sincerely, loving how sweet Donghae was despite the years they spent together.

Donghae then extended his hand and Eunhyuk eyed it curiously. Donghae lips tugged into a smile, the childish smile Eunhyuk was very familiar with. He broke into a chuckle and grabbed the extended hand; Donghae’s hand closed in to fit with Eunhyuk’s. Their intertwined fingers showed how much they belong to each other in a way that no one would ever thought possible but it was, 6 years and running.

Donghae led him towards a soccer field, the familiar place where it all began 10 years ago, where they met as rivals on their college soccer teams. He was the attacker and Donghae was the defender. The kid with equally shining eyes was dead on with his skills that even he and their ace Junsu were both helpless.

“Hae, why are we here?” Eunhyuk asked and Donghae led him towards the center where a soccer ball was placed and was waiting for them.

“It was your birthday when the championship was held.” He replied as he played with the ball. “I’m sorry.” He added as he looked with pained expression.

“Nah, don’t worry about it, I gained a good friend anyway.” He replied then took the ball from Donghae. “First to make five?” He asked and the two made a run for it, trying to score a goal before the other. “Don’t lose on purpose!” Eunhyuk shouted and Donghae grinned before stealing the ball and shooting it to his goal.

“You are getting old Hyukkie!” Donghae laughed which made Eunhyuk smile, revealing his gums that took away Donghae’s breath.

“I am not Hae!” He shouted back and this time scored a goal passed Donghae’s shoulders.

But just like ten years ago, Eunhyuk lost and Donghae still gave him that pained expression that reminded him of how they started as friends. Eunhyuk fell to the ground, the cool grass was flushed on his back and he stared at the stars above him. Donghae did the same and he felt his hand being held by the all familiar digits.

“Happy Birthday Hyukkie!” Donghae uttered and Eunhyk spared the younger a glance, only to lock gaze into those innocent eyes that belonged to Donghae.

He smiled as he let himself drown on those brown orbs, let himself reminisce the days and nights they shared: the laughter, tears, arguments, and cheers. His smiled widened as he recalled how he had captured those all too familiar lips lovingly and harshly at times, and how Donghae would part them slightly to give him the access he always wanted.

The memories of their first time flooded him with emotions that some escaped from his eyes. It was his birthday too, when Donghae gave himself and gifted Eunhyuk a boyfriend he wanted to keep badly despite the questions on his sanity at times.

“I love you Donghae.” He uttered and Donghae’s lips curved into a smile.

‘I love you too Hyukkie.” He replied, giving the hand a gentle squeeze.

Eunhyuk looked up again and sighed, if only he could stop time every single time his birthday comes and preserve each moment that Donghae does to make him the world’s luckiest man alive. He would never know how to thank this child next to him for making him the happiest.

“Hyukkie.” Donghae started and Eunhyuk spared him a glance. “Are you happy?” He asked and Eunhyuk broke into a wide smile, a gummy but lovely smile.

“When I am with you Hae, I am always happy.” He replied and Donghae blinked rapidly as the tears escaped his eyes. “Why are you crying?” Eunhyuk asked as he watched Donghae rubbed his eye with his free hand.

“I’m just happy that I have you as my boyfriend.” He replied, sobbing and sniffing occasionally. “I’m childish and immature and have always been a bother to you but you are still here next to me.” Donghae let out his emotions and Eunhyuk couldn’t even fathom how much this guy meant to him that he would be willing to bear the weight of the world for him.

Eunhyuk pulled him in a tight embrace and kissed the top of his head; he rubbed circles on the younger’ back as he whispered words of love and care in the younger’s ears. “Donghae-ah,” He started and the tears formed in his eyes. “I will always love you.” He uttered and he felt Donghae wrap his arm around his waist and pulled him closer than what he thought possible.

“I love you Hae and every moment I spend with you, no matter how childish you act sometimes, meant the world to me. I love you so much and you have been the best birthday gift God has given me.” Eunhyuk stated and he heard Donghae sob at the confession.

“You were never the showy type Hyukkie. Thank you!” He uttered and Eunhyuk smiled as he let the tears of joy fell from his eyes, the feeling of gratitude and being blessed overwhelmed him. But he was thankful because year after year, Donghae never ceases to overwhelm him in a way he never thought the childish boyfriend could ever do.

They didn’t need the fancy cake or the dinner at an expensive restaurant, they didn’t ned the electronic ads or the facebook greeting, they didn’t need a luxurious vacation or the most expensive gift, because with Donghae, he was always complete.

Even if the younger was childish, he still makes Eunhyuk complete.

----

a/n: yeah that’s not even fluff T.T sorry…

anyway cheers for my beloved canon OTP (because the rest aren’t really that popular or traditional). I wanted to write something related to SJM or something but then having this setup is better in my opinion. I wanted to share the genuine feelings shared by the two in a way that it’s not as fluffy but not too angsty either, maybe just the balance of romance^^

Anyway.. Belated Happy Birthday Lee Hyukjae!