1/1

Kiss Me Bloody

He knew it had been a bad idea.

A really, really bad idea.

Because as soon as Hyukjae disappeared, Donghae was dealing with his newly made vampire mojo on his own.

The thought made him want to rip out Hyukjae's throat, only he wasn't there for it to happen. Sure, Hyukjae had turned him nearly a decade ago now, but with no proper discipline and no real guidance, Donghae was as good at vampire-ing, as a newborn baby was at reading a book.

He supposed Heechul had been his lucky break, the millennium old vampire had found him curled in a dark alley, three days after Hyukjae had disappeared and taken him in. Sure the old geezer (no, he did not call Heechul this to his face) gave him tips here and there, but Heechul had his own to do and couldn't baby Donghae day in, day out.

So Donghae found himself frequenting the local library, hiding in the darkest corners and reading every book on vampires the library had, because the people in this small rural town were still superstitious as hell and had that sort of thing.

He learnt to curb his thirst until it was really burning, then pick two or three people to feed off before heading on his way.

Never drink from just one person,” he remembered Hyukjae saying after his first feed, “You can kill them that way. Pick two or three and drink a little from each.”

He slammed the book shut as Hyukjae’s voice rattled inside his mind; deadened heart aching painfully in his chest. Putting the book back in its place, Donghae picked up his bag and headed out. He was glad for the early setting sun, because otherwise his exposed forearms and face would have been barbecued.

He kicked pebbles and patches of grass as he wandered down the emptying streets, feeling his entire being ache in longing for Hyukjae. It had been a shock – numbing, even – when he had found out Hyukjae had disappeared. At first he had thought the blonde didn’t love him anymore; that he had run away after changing him because he was disgusted. But every so often, Donghae would feel his soul warm slightly and he knew Hyukjae still loved him, from wherever he was.

He didn’t know why, but the past few weeks, that warm feeling had been appearing more frequently and it was getting hotter than before. Kicking out at another pebble, Donghae doubled over as a raging fire erupted in his existence. He coughed, as he caught looks from passing women and faked stomach pains, but as he looked up and down the street, he caught sight of someone.

“Lee Hyukjae, you bastard!

The gaggle of women skittered off as Donghae let out an enraged shout, golden eyes glaring daggers into crystal blue and he wanted nothing more than to wipe that arrogant smirk off the blonde’s face.

“Seven years and you still call me names.”

Hyukjae tutted, striding towards Donghae purposefully and when he was close enough, kissed him fiercely. Donghae choked on the sudden onslaught of strawberries and blood, but still he smiled and kissed back, because that scent and that feeling was Hyukjae.

And Hyukjae was home.

 



Crappy, sappy one shot. Wrote it in like just under half an hour.
I don't even think this fits with the title, but oh well.
ENJOY THE EUNHAE.

xoxo Raine