one

Sleepkisser

Of all the ty things that has ever happened to Jinki, he decides that having his crush sleep-kissing is probably the tiest of them all. Its during these times that Jinki had hoped that Jonghyun still suffered from his insomia. Yes-he has fallen for the short boy with silvery hair (that would be the second tiest thing that has ever happened in his life because a)liking a boy goes against all social norms and b) liking your bandmate who happens to be a boy could potentially do a lot of damage).

After complaining about his sleepless nights and having himself dooze off during interviews ,their manager personally  drove Kim Jonghyun himself to the hospital. The sleep doctor prescribe the boy with sleeping pills and from that day on Jonghyun no longer suffered from his sleepless nights.

Jinki was glad that his bandmate/love of his life could finally get a good night's sleep. Jonghyun could finally get rid off those dark circles under his eyes that made all those make-up noonas complain while trying to cover up. The only problem was with Jonghyun sleeping, he couldn't sleep.

 

 

It started on the night Jonghyun first took those sleeping pills. Jinki personally saw him swallow two blue round-shaped pills before Jonghyun walked to his room. Jonghyun and Taemin shared a room while Minho and Key in the other. As a leader, that gave Jinki  all the  power to have a room all to himself. With five people living in one apartment, having a room all to yourself is like sitting shotgun in a car.

It was almost two in the morning when Jinki suddenly woke up to the sound of his door creaking. Jinki was a light-sleeper. Even the slightest sound of a pin dropping or thinnest ray of light could wake him up. He opened his eyes and saw a figure entering his room. A figure whom he identified as Kim Jonghyun because of the boy's height and figure.

"Jjong?" the leader called out his name softly. Loud enough for the boy to listen. The movements made by the silver-haired boy seemed odd. Like his legs were off balance or something. 

It was matter of seconds later when Jinki could finally see that Jonghyun was walking with his eyes closed when he the night lamp beside his bed. That could only mean two things- a) Jonghyun liked walking with his eyes closed at night or b) Jonghyun sleepwalks. Jinki figures its the latter.

Before Jinki could decide (what with his sleepy head) to do with the sleepwalker in front of him, Jonghyun reached his bed first. Jinki started to stop breathing when Jonghyun's face suddenly started to hover around his. Their faces were so close that their noses bumped into each other..

He could feel the boy's warm breath before suddenly Jonghyun's lips touched his. Jinki's eyes were wide open-unable to comprehend the shock of having Jonghyun kiss him. Even if he was doing so in his sleep. The sensation of having Jonghyun's slightly chapped lips against his was mind-boggling. It felt like Jinki was about to explode into millions of tiny pieces.

After a few moments of their lips touching, Jonghyun suddenly collapsed on him. He wasn't so heavy but the mere thought of having Jonghyun pressed up against his body like this made him weigh like a ton.

It took Jinki about ten minutes to recover from the shock of the boy of his dreams kiss him before he decided to carry Jonghyun back to his room. He really did not want to explain to Jonghyun what happened in the morning if the boy woke up next to him in his bed because saying you-were-kissing-me-in-your-sleep-before-falling-on-top-of-me was not something as simple to say.

 

Its been three weeks since that and every single night from then onwards, Jonghyun would make his way into Jinki's room to kiss him. The mere thought of having Jonghyun kiss him made his heart flutter. But the thought of it happening when Jonghyun was in his slumber broke his heart a little. 

Because just because Jonghyun kisses him every night does not mean Jonghyun likes him too. All those kisses didn't mean a thing to Kim Jonghyun like it meant for him. It was bad enough he was having a one-sided love. Having one-sided kisses felt even worse.

It has come to a point where Jinki feels guilty that he's letting this happen from night to night. He's their leader. He should be the resposible one. He shouldn't let his unrequited feelings cloud his vision. Even if Jonghyun was doing all the kissing, the elder boy felt he was the one doing all the violation. 

 

 

Trying to put a stop to all this, Jinki decides to sleep outside his room, opting to sleep in the halls. Because since Jonghyun only enters his room at night, maybe by sleeping somewhere else the boy wouldn't be able to find and touch his lips. 

He slept on the couch with a pillow and a thin blue blanket. He waited and waited until he could hear foosteps coming out of the younger's room. He watched Jonghyun sleepwalk to his room. It was amusing and Jinki felt at peace when he thought that maybe Jonghyun had collapsed on his bed when he heard those footsteps stop.

He thought wrong. Moments later Jonghyun walked out his room, still asleep with his eyes closed. The elder boy had hoped that maybe the younger was walking back to his room but no. He was walking towards the couch Jinki was currently laying on. 

Jonghyun had sleep-kissed him again that night before collapsing on top of him.

 

The next night, Jinki tried to hide away from the sleepwalker by sleeping in balcony. It didn't work.

The night after that, he tried to sleep in the kitchen. It didn't work.

The night after the night after, he tried sleeping  in the bathroom. It didn't work.

The fourth night later, he tried to sleep in Jonghyun's and Taemin's room.Saying to Taemin that he needed a change of scenery once in a while. It didn't work.

 

 

Things were starting to get really bad for Lee Jinki. Those kisses made his feelings for Jonghyun get stronger and stronger. Maintaining his cool in front of Jonghyun was getting harder and harder when every time he looked at Jonghyun, he felt like blushing.Hiding these nightly activities for the other members were getting harder and harder too when Minho and Key started to ask why things were getting noisy at night.

That night, Jinki decided to sleep outside their dorm. Opting to sleepover at his friend's apartment not so far away from their dorm. Maybe with him out of the house, Jonghyun's nightly activities would come to an end.However things did not go as planned when he received a call from Minho at about three in the morning.

"Is everything fine?" Jinki says over the phone because Minho calling at three in the morning must mean that something is wrong. The tall boy prized his sleep more than anything in the world. Well that and his obsession for anything with sweat involved.

"Uh-not really." Minho replied.Jinki could hear the distress and confusion in his voice.

"Tell me."

"Jonghyun-he's walking around."

"In his sleep?"

"Yeah and Key keeps saying about how we can't wake sleepwalkers up cause their heart would stop or something."

"I'll come home. Just-just watch over him."

 


As he reached home twenty minutes later, he felt like he wanted to slam his head against the wall. He swears he would freaking sue that doctor who prescribed those pills for Jonghyun. Because maybe all this sleepwalking-sleepkissing wouldn't happen if he didn't take those pills. Maybe his unrequited feelings wouldn't feel as painful as it already is.

He opens the door to their dorm and the lights were bright opened. He could see Minho (in his pajama pants because he sleeps shirtless) and Key( with his hair tied up like an apple) sitting on the couch while Taemin was following Jonghyun around as he pushes away things the boy might knock over. 

"Look-he's been walking all over the dorm for an hour." Key says. His face distressed because he's tired and sleepy.

"We really didn't want to bother you but we didn't know what to do." Minho says. 

"Did you try to take him back to his bed?" Jinki asks he makes his way towards Jonghyun.

"We did. Well-Minho did and he just stood back up and started walking again." Taemin replied as he pushes the vase Jonghyun is currently about to crash into hastily.

As soon as Jinki stands in front of Jonghyun, he takes a deep breath because he knows what Jonghyun is after. The younger suddenly stops walking as soon as Jinki stands in front of him. The boy's head leans forward when he presses his lips against the elder boy. Jinki's heart was exploding from the touch and he can hears soft gasps coming from the other three boys in the area.

Once the act was done, the boy immediately crashes onto the leader's body. Jinki carries the boy back to his bed before walking back to the halls where three pairs of curious eyes stared at him. Of course-of course watching Jonghyun kiss him was weird but he really did not know what to say to them to explain things. Mostly because having the silver-haired boy kiss him was equally confusing to him as well.

"He was looking for you?" Minho asks. His big eyes made Jinki feel small.

"Yeah-maybe." 

"Because he wanted to kiss you?" Taemin asks next and Jinki is ing tired to answer when things are this frustrating.

"Just go to sleep. Its late-and just sleep yeah?" Jinki says as he walks to his room.

 

 


It was the next morning when Jinki left the dorm before the other members woke up. He'd like to blame it on his schedule but even he knows he could afford to be a few hours late to his shoot because they probably haven't set up yet.

 

"Where's Jinki?" Jonghyun asks at the breakfast table. Their leader always has breakfast with them. He made a rule that all five of them would have breakfast together every morning. Bonding time he says.

"Schedule maybe." the youngest at the table answered before shoving a spoon of baked beans into his mouth.

"Can't believe he broke the rule he made." the silver-haired mutters as he hits the bottom of his bowl with a spoon. To be honest he wasn't mad. Just really disappointed. Mornings with his leader always made his day. He wouldn't admit it openly. Its been a secret for so many years that he harbours romantic feelings towards their sweet leader.

"Maybe he just didn't want to see you." Key snickers. As soon as those words left his lips, Minho effectively punishes him by kicking his foot under the table.

"What-why?" the silver-haired boy asks back. What could he have done to anger Jinki?

"Because of the you pulled on him last night." Taemin answers. Earning a kick from Minho.

"I didn't even see him last night."

"You didn't see him but you kissed him."

 

 

When Jinki came home later that evening, he found it odd to find the dorm to silent. He knew he was the only one with schedules that day. The others were suppose to be home. Jinki figures that maybe they were out or something.

He went to the kitchen after he dumps his bag in the hallway and poured himself a glass of water when he could hear footsteps behind him. Specifically Jonghyun's footsteps. After all those nights, he can instictively recognized them.

"Hey-" Jinki greets him. Turning around as he sips his glass of water. Trying not to shake or be nervous. He couldn't afford to let Jonghyun know about his feelings, even the sllightest bit of it.

"I'm sorry." the younger suddenly apologizes to him. The words coming out from his mouth in a rush.His face having the slight hint of a blush and looking at that made Jinki want to hug Jonghyun until his bones crushed.

"What for?" the boy asks back. He could feel his hand shaking as he holds onto the glass. This was not a conversation he was prepared to have with Jonghyun.

"Last night. They um-they told me what happened." Jonghyun says as he rubs the back of his neck shyly.

"They really couldn't keep their mouths shut could they?"

"Don't be mad at them just because you're mad with me." the silver-haired says.

"I'm not mad at you." Jinki says back as he places the glass on the countertop next to him. 

"But I kissed you last night. They said I sleepwalked or some like that. I didn't even know I sleepwalked." Jonghyun tried to explain himself. Sounding very much like he was panicking. Like Jinki had just caught him watching and he was trying to admit he wasn't.

"It started when you started to take those sleeping pills. Its really not your fault." Jinki says. Feeling a slight pang of pain when he knows Jonghyun only kisses him because of those bloody blue pills.

"That was a month ago."

"Yes."

"I-I've been doing that for a month? God-I'm sorry."

"I'm not mad with you."

"You keep saying that. What I did was wrong. Why didn't you tell me? At least I could've stopped taking those bloody pills." Jongnhyun says.

"You needed to get your sleep." the elder boy says back. How could he deny Jonghyun the pleasure of sleeping when the boy has deprived of it for so many years?

"At the expense of me violating your personal space?" Jonghyun says back as he walks towards the kitchen cabinet. Taking his bottle of pills and trying to throw them away into the trash can.

"God Jjong. I'm not mad you. I can never be mad at you." the elder boy says back as he snatches back the bottle of pills and keeping it back into the kitchen cabinet. His hands resting on the kitchen top as he stares at the marble beneath him. He couldn't afford to look eye to eye with Jonghyun. One look and Jonghyun would know that he loves the boy.

"You can never be mad at me?" Jonghyun whispers. Loud enough for Jinki to hear his words.

"No." the elder boy replies before he feels a pair of arms hugging his waist from the back. He could feel Jonghyun's breath on the crook of his neck. Jinki's heart was thumping without control as Jonghyun tighten his arms around the boy's waist. 

"Even if I kiss you when I'm awake?" the younger whispers. Jinki can feel Jonghyun's lips moving against the thin skin behind his neck as he speaks.

"Even if you kiss me when you're awake." Jinki replies.

"Even if I tell you I might like kissing you too much when I'm awake?"

"Even if you tell me you might like kissing me too much when you're awake." Jinki replies and he can longer stop his lips from not smiling.

"Even if I tell you I love you?"

"I would even tell you I love you too."