My Life

Interest?

Min Hee

I know what’s going to happen once I get home from work. Hyun Hee’s lucky she doesn’t get home till midnight while Oppa and I have to fend off the loan sharks. I hate my life style but, I also wouldn’t change it for the world; I still see the positives in the way I grew up. I got off the bus and started my trek up the huge steep road to my house/noodle shop. In the distance I could see red and blue flashing lights. Oh god! Am I that late! I ran up the road as fast as I could to see Yongguk sitting on the steps with a bleeding lip, black eye, and a deep gash on his forehead; as well as one of the loan sharks, Suga, not in the best condition either. I assume one of the neighbors called because literally it’s always a fight at our house. Ooooo the fun NEVER stops…gosh I sound like Hyun Hee. Chan Oppa…I mean officer Chan looked at me and motioned me over.

“Annyeong.” I greeted in a quiet voice.

He nodded. “Ok, since this is the first time someone reported this we won’t arrest your brother.”

“Thank God.” I mumbled.

“But, if this happens again. We will have to take him in.”

“Ok, it won’t happen again officer Cha-

Wait a minute! Why isn’t Suga getting arrested?

“Umm…why wouldn’t the other guy get arrested?”

Officer Chan pulled me aside.

“Look, I know you don’t want to hear this but, they’re just doing their job. I know it’s wrong for them to physically harm your brother but-

“It’s not just wrong it’s inhumane. I know it’s spoiled, bratty, and unappreciable to say this but, I still don’t understand why my brother, who’s done nothing but, care and love us is being beat up for our father’s mistakes.”

Officer Chan just looked at me with pity and shock. I was shocked too I sound like Hyun Hee; she may be quiet and a loner but, when she gets mad well, let's just say she speaks her mind. Officer Chan nodded and left without saying anything. I ran to Yongguk as the cop cars drove off.

“Come on, let’s get your wounds treated and in bed to rest.”

“Min Hee, you have school to finish. Get inside. I have to deal with them.” I heard my brother mutter.

“No, they’ll be back. They always come back.”

“YAH!”

I turned around and saw Suga storming over here. Yongguk pushed me behind him.

“You wanna die!” Suga shouted as Jimin and V held him back.

“Min Hee, go inside.”

“No.” I muttered. I know if I leave they’ll fight again.

“How much was it?”

“What?” Suga snarled at me.

“I said, how much was the cost this time?”

“100, 000, 00 won.”

“Like I said we’re 100,000 won short.”

I opened up my wallet and pulled out my money. I counted the money I had saved and the money I got tonight. I counted out 100,000 won and put the left over money in my pocket.

“Here. Here you go 100,000 won.” I stated handing Suga the money.

“Maybe we should do business together more often.” He replied in a flirtatious tone as he took the money.

“Just take the money and leave.” I would’ve called him a naughty name but, I don’t use bad language. He winked at me as he turned and left the scene.

“We’ll be back in two months. Have the rest by then.” Jungkook, the youngest said. I went back inside without looking at my Oppa. I love him but, sometimes…

He takes things…

Out of hand.