To-get-her

To-get-her

SNSD's Tiffany Hwang and 2PM's Nichkhun confirmed to be dating.

 

Jessica slammed her Macbook shut, pushing it away from her lap with fury burning in her eyes. Just as she was swinging her legs out from under her blanket, the doorbell rang. The three busy members of SNSD's subgroup were back from their magazine photoshoot, among them was the girl Jessica had been wanting to see all day—every day, every moment for that matter—who was also the one she least wanted to face at the moment.

 

"Hey guys!" Tiffany's loud voice could be heard, signalling her return. And a flurry of footsteps running towards her could be heard. Usually, this only happens when someone brought food or their dogs, but this time, Jessica knew, it was for a very different reason.

 

"UNNIE, congratulations on your newfound enslaving freedom!" As the sarcastic yet heartfelt greeting rang out through the dorm, Jessica opened her bedroom door just a crack to peek out at the commotion taking place in their living room and saw her person of attention being smothered by SNSD's two tallest members.

 

"Welcome to the Dating Shidae club, Fany-ah!"

 

Tiffany narrowly escaped another bout of intense hugging and smiled at her excited members instead, with her arms out defensively in front of her. Her smile curved up her eyes into cresents as usual, truly shining with happiness, but Jessica would see a slight falter caused by doubt, worry, and uncertainty. The eyes smiled around at each girl that was standing around her, convincing them that she was quite alright and that she will be strong enough with their support. And then they fell on Jessica standing at the doorway, clutching onto the doorknob unti her fingers were white, her jaw clenched as she looked straight back at her. Tiffany made a move to head towards her best friend but Jessica quickly escaped away and slammed her door shut. The approaching footsteps stopped; Tiffany stopped midstep, surprised though understanding, hurt yet guilty.

 

A gentle touch was laid upon her shoulder and Yoona smiled reassuringly at the older girl.

 

"I'll go talk to her first unnie. Wait a while okay?"

 

Upon receiving her approval, Yoona squeezed her shoulder again and made her way after her favorite unnie. She found her curled up in bed, cocooned in the safety of her blanket, wallowing in sadness, hiding away from the harsh reality of the world.

 

An eye peeked out from underneath, looking for someone warily and hopefully. Jessica let out a sigh when she realized it wasn't who she was expecting.

 

"Unnie~" Yoona seated herself at the edge of the soft bed and called out with aegyo to Jessica, who had covered her head with her blanket again.

 

The reaction was immediate; a glare and a brusque "What?" ensues almost immediately.

 

Yoona chuckled a little before turning serious again. "Sica-unnie, are you okay?"

 

"Go away Yoong."

 

Yoona stayed put, knowing that HellSica has not been provoked yet.

 

"Unnie, you can talk to me you know? It's not good to keep it all inside."

 

Jessica suddenly flung away her blanket and sat up. Her breathing was harsh with anger and pain, her eyes glaring accusingly.

 

“Well, you guys didn’t bother talking to me earlier either!” She snapped at Yoona.

 

“W-what?” Yoona lost her train of thought, surprised by the outburst.

 

You guys all knew, didn’t you?” With each word that Jessica spat, the hurt in her eyes grew.

 

“Unnie…”

 

“I knew she would never love me back the way I love her. I knew that she would one day find her own love—a suitable young man like Nichkhun—and find her own happiness which I cannot give. I knew that when that time comes (although I hoped it won’t be this soon), there’s nothing I can do except wish her the best of luck and be there for her as her best friend if she still needs me. I knew that this love is uncontrollable but I didn’t know that you would treat me like this. I’m not some fragile ice figurine. I deserve to know, if not as someone who loves Tiffany, then at least as her best friend, your fellow member and sister. But all of you kept me in the dark, raised my hopes, only to bring them down until they’re buried six feet under.”

 

Jessica choked on a sob, burying her face in her arms, unable to speak anymore and not wanting to let Yoona see her break.

 

"I'm sorry I didn't tell you unnie!" Guilty tears welled up in the younger girl’s eye as she watched her strong sister crumble into a trembling mess, because of her, because of all of them. "Fany-unnie told us not to tell you. She said she will tell you herself when the right time comes, but I guess she took too long and the press destroyed any right times to come. And it wasn't my place or my story to tell. But I'm still sorry, Sica-unnie. You should talk it out with Tiffany-unnie. Again, I’m very sorry unnie."

 

She slowly crawled over to sit beside Jessica and placed an arm around the crying girl. All she can do now is to be there for her at the least.

 

"And unnie…” Yoona gently twirled a fallen strand of brunette hair around her finger and placed it back into place behind Jessica’s ear, drawing the older girl’s attention to her words again. “We all didn't have the heart to make your heart break or see you heartbroken like this. You were so happy whenever you we with her, or just because you are in love with her. How would we bear to take away your beautiful smile like that? That's also why we weren't able to tell you, unnie. So please forgive us, and let us be here for you too like you are always here for all of us."

 

Jessica stopped Yoona’s hand that was her hair and entwined their fingers together. When she finally looked at her again, Yoona saw Jessica’s tears glittering like the broken shards of her heart, Jessica’s lost stars falling. But the strength was still there, in her touch, in her eyes, and was the love.

 

"I will Yoongie, all in due time. But for now, I just want to be alone for a while."

 

Yoona nodded. She wasn’t the one with the remedy for her broken heart, if such a miracle even existed.

 

“Okay. Feel better, alright?” The kiss she laid on Jessica’s cheeks tasted like a thousand sadnesses, her own tear fell. “I love you, unnie.”

 

With a last worried glance back, Yoona left Jessica’s bedroom, her heart feeling heavier than it had been when she first entered. Jessica slipped back under her blanket, tired physically and now also mentally. But her plans of sleep vanished when the door opened again.

 

“What are you doing here?” Jessica immediately sat up and pulled up the blanket around her, as if it could act as a shield to the approaching girl.

 

“Jessi, are you okay?”

 

My heart is broken into a thousand pieces and you've taken away all the shards with each innocent smile of yours, but I guess... "I'm fine."

 

“I'm sorry.”

 

Jessica eyed Tiffany wearily as the younger girl sat down in front of her, too close yet so far away, but she never looked at her straight in those eyes that were so apologetic, guilty, sad and hopeful. Those beautiful expressive eyes that she had fallen in love with.

 

Love is so powerful, in beauty and in destruction, so hopeful yet hopeless, real yet delusional; it is many things but what it isn't is something to apologize for. It may be foolish to love, but love is never wrong.

 

“It was wrong of me not to tell you. You're my best friend, a sister. You have every right, if not more, to be the first to know,” Tiffany continued as Jessica stayed silent, listening yet finding it difficult to comprehend.

 

“Four months, Tiff. For four months you blinded me with lies.”

 

Tiffany drew in a sharp breath when Jessica finally spoke, sounding so small, so broken, hurt by her. She tried to see into her best friend, but now she was the one behind the blindfold.

 

“You said no secrets, Tiffany. But you kept me away. What else are you not saying? Well, what can I say? I have been hiding on my own as well.”

 

“I'm really sorry, Jessi.”

 

“Stop apologizing Tiff. That's not what I need.”

 

“Tell me then, what is it that you want?” Tiffany reached out a hand but Jessica failed to—or rather denied to—take a hold of her. “I'll do anything for you.”

 

Be mine.

“I just want the truth. I just wanted you.” Jessica’s words echoed in Tiffany’s mind, her tender gaze held her down.

 

“You do have me, Jessi!” Panic was rising in Tiffany, stuck between crushing her best friend and keeping her with her. “Always had, always will. I will always be here with you, for you. I will always be yours.”

 

“Yes, but something of you that I want belongs to someone else now. You will never be mine the way I want you to be.”

 

“What do you mean?” Tiffany’s pitch had risen to a level higher than normal and Jessica winced.

 

“Tiffany, I know that you know exactly what I am saying.” She was just tired now, of hiding, faking, pursuing a lost hope. “I'm telling you... I love you.”

 

“Jessi…” Tiffany’s grip on her arm tightened.

 

Jessica closed her eyes and took a leap of faith. Their lips joined as their worlds collided. A single tear slid down Jessica’s cheek and Tiffany erased it with a gentlecaress of her thumb. For the first and last time, they kissed for their apologies, their hopes achieved and shattered, their hearts blossoming and broken, and for their love.

 

“I'm sorry.” Tiffany backed away and standing up, shakily, though still holding onto Jessica’s fingers.

 

“Don't—” Jessica started, agitated, frustrated, and disappointed, her voice almost a growl, but Tiffany cut her off with a glare of her own.

 

“I'm not sorry that I cannot love you back the way you want me to, because love is not an emotion that should not and could not be forced. Rather, I am sorry for not being a good best friend, the least I could do for you to make up for all that you've done for me. I am terrible for you but I love you Jessica.”

 

It was a confession, not one that Jessica wants to hear but one that she has expected. It was what was to happen anyways.

 

“I know.”

 

Jessica smiled and let her go. Tiffany stood, unmoving, staring at the older girl who was now lying back in her bed, facing away from her. She can see the small frame of Jessica shaking as she held in her uncried tears, bottled up her sorrows and covered it up with her smiles. Silence occupied the room until there was a knock on the bedroom door and they could hear loud laughter and conversation starting up again from the outside.

 

“Babycakes, your cutie patootie boyfriend is here!” Sooyoung announced in a singsong voice.

 

Jessica’s hands gripped onto her blanket tighter, clutching onto the only thing she could. “Bye Tiff.”

Stay...

 

“I'm still here, Jessi, always. With you, always together.” Tiffany backed away, leaving the room, a chapter in their longstanding friendship, and a broken heart.

She knew that what she made was a promise that will never be broken, no matter who it may break.

 

 

 

A/N: so here we go. i usually dont write angst cuz i cant stand the thought of jeti being apart but oh well... :) i think the jessica in here represents me, or maybe even the whole sone population. hope u guys enjoyed it. and plz do point out if there are any errors cuz i havent edited it and i wrote most of this on my phone. sorry bout the larges spaces between paragraphs.. think of it as the growing distance between jeti of this story lol

cyaz guys

comment, upvote, spread the love~