Love Makes it Worth 1

Love Makes it Worth

Yoona opened her eyes, it’s another morning, yet she doesn’t feel like waking up, again.

So there she is, strangling to keep her eyes opened, and starting her so called new day. But out of all, to start her another morning, the first thing she has to do is to check if her boss still alive. And she has every reasons why she need to make sure if its really happen.

And no matter how much she hates it, Yoona climbs down from the bed, making her way to her boss’s room.

And for someone who is already living there for 5 years, Yoona is obviously more than good to walk inside the penthouse with her eyes closed and no need for luck about finding her boss’s room which is just right beside her room.

Yoona knocked twice before she stepped inside the room only to find the room as empty as always. And so, Yoona made her way to the office room that right beside the master room, and just as always she can find a tall woman is sitting on the swivel chair with her eyes locked on her laptop.

With a heap, of which Yoona’s best guess as a pile of completely done documents, and just near the tall brunette’s arm is a glass which Yoona concluded as coffee with a coffee pot that has no liquid left in it as the unmistakable evidence. So it’s enough to get Yoona comes with a conclusion that, her boss got no sleep, again.

But she doesn’t care, she really doesn’t..

“..it’s already 7.30..” Yoona said coldly as always. And it’s just her job as a personal assistant “..we’re leaving in an hour..” Yoona said robotically, clearly has no intention to make a small chat with her boss.

“..okay..” the tall brunette answered, nothing more.

“..a part of my job here is keeping my eyes on you for not trying to kill yourself..” Yoona said, still in her cold tone “so, if you have any plan to get yourself overdose with caffeine.. reconsider it, Miss Choi..”

“..it’s my morning coffee..” the tall brunette answered, not sparing a glance on her personal assistant who she knows, hate her to death.

“Which you started since last night..”

“I had job to do..”

“Which still has two weeks of period to hand it to Miss Soojin..”

The tall brunette escapes a soft sigh, but as having her eyes glued on the laptop still, she spoke “..i will be ready in an hour..” she said, ended their so uncomfortable conversation.

Yoona’s gaze locked on her boss for seconds before she finally stepped out from the room silently.

And with the door closed, the brunette finally stop working on her laptop, eyes gazing to the closed door sadly, brokenly as she watches the one she loves, so much, treating her like that, the one and only woman who never failed to get her falling over and over again, in these past 8 years..

-----

 

2 years ago…

 

“How long are you planning to keep me like this?” Sooyoung asked, face buried on Yoona’s chest, arms wrapping around Yoona’s waist tightly. They’re lying on the bed, no clothes on, only blanket that enough to cover their bare body.

“Like what?” Yoona giggled when Sooyoung showering her bare chest with kisses, again.

“Yoonaa..” Sooyoung whined, pulling slightly from the hug to meet Yoona’s eyes “can you please take me seriously?”

“Hey, I do take you seriously..” Yoona giggled.

“Then, marry me..”

And it’s enough to runs Yoona’s heart wild, but giving a small smile she said “..i thought we already talked about this..”

“But you’re giving me unreasonable excuses!”

“After what your parents did for me and my sister, how come I pay them by flirting with their daughter, their attractive and charming daughter.. and the second heir of Choi’s company..” Yoona smiled mischievously.

“Flirt?” Sooyoung frowned “Yoona, gosh.. we’re not flirting anymore! We’re—wait, please tell me you love me, so that I can call this making love..”

“I love you” Yoona smiled, answering right away.

“That is! Yoona, you have no idea how much I love you!” Sooyoung spoke “and when will you give me your yes, and stop torturing me with this bestfriend things?!”

“Soo-..”

“Ever since I meet you 6 years ago in high school, you’ve took everything on me, Yoona..” Sooyoung cut, whispered silently “and it’s been almost 6 years since I keep asking you the same question over and over again..” she added “..but you always turned me down..” she frowned.

“..Sooyoung..” Yoona called softly, with her right arm under Sooyoung’s neck, her other hand caressing Sooyoung’s face lovingly, affectionately “..after all the things your parents do to me and my sister..” she said “I owe them more than anything I can give back..” she said “and it’s clearly not wise to take you away after they give me so much more than my sister and I deserve already..”

“You can pay them by marrying me..” Sooyoung pouted.

Yoona giggled softly, leaning to give Sooyoung a peck “I don’t want to marry you just because I owe your family..”

“Does it mean you don’t love me?” Sooyoung frowned.

“I do, Sooyoung.. you know I always love you..” Yoona said, gently running her fingers on Sooyoung’s face while staring deeply and lovingly on the brunette’s eyes “but we need to wait..”

“For what? until when?” Sooyoung pouted again “you’re telling me that because you don’t want to marry me, right?”

“Trust me, Soo..” Yoona whispered as she leaned closer “there is nothing I want more than that..”  she said “being yours, and yours only.. and you being mine, and mine only..”

“Then, let’s get married now..”

“Soo-..”

“At least, give me something that my mind can take..” sooyoung said “you’ve been giving me the same excuses over and over again..”

“Miss Choi-..”

“And until when, do I need to keep telling you that I hate it when you call me that!” Sooyoung cut, obviously mad, swiftly pulling away from the hug, out from the blanket, already sitting on the edge of the bed as she tries to get her clothes back.

“Sooyoung, please, sorry..” Yoona mumbled, quickly hugging the tall brunette before Sooyoung can slipped her shirt on her body “I’m really sorry.. I won’t call you that anymore, promise..” she said in between planting kisses all over Sooyoung’s bare shoulder, nape, and the brunette’s .

But Sooyoung sits still.

“It’s cold..” Yoona said “come back on the bed with me under the blanket, please..” she whispered softly in a pleading tone, she knows that she already got Sooyoung lose “I’m cold.. please, warm me, again..” she smiled as she planted another soft kiss on Sooyoung’s cheek with still back hugging the tall brunette.

“You’re cheating..” Sooyoung mumbled as she lets Yoona dragged herself back on the bed, under the blanket.

“I know..” Yoona giggled “I never play fair if it’s with you..” she said “I know I don’t need to..” she leaned closer to gave another breathless kiss.

“I wish I can live forever with you.. together.. just the two of us..”

Yoona giggled, giving a naughty smile “is that why you asked your parents to move us into this penthouse when you enroll college three years ago?”

“For living with you? for spending more time with you? for having you all by myself?” Sooyoung pouted “do you even need to ask that?”

Yoona leaned for another peck as she giggled “please stop messing with my heart..”

“It supposed to be my line..”

“ Please wait a little bit more, okay..” Yoona smiled, closing the seriously little gap in between them with a tight hug “but I promise you, that I am already yours..” she said “..i already am..”

-----

 

It’s not even 9 when the two tall women arrived at the company building.

Sooyoung and Yoona are going to the elevator, going to the highest level, and as soon as the elevator’s door opened, as they stepped out, Yoona swiftly made her way to her own office room which just beside Sooyoung’s.

And after hiding all her pain for 2 years, Sooyoung is doing more than just a good job to keep her flat expressionless face to hide more than just pain.

Sooyoung doesn’t even spare a second to stop as she made her way right to her office which is twice bigger from her assistant.

She thought that she finally can forget all her pain by just immediately drown herself on her work, with  that piles of new documents, or doing report on her computer, or checking her meeting presentation, or so whatever on her laptop, or just anything, anything that can at least took her mind out from her pain, even if it just last for a while.

But upon seeing her bestfriend on the couch with a magazine on her lap the moment she stepped inside her office room, Sooyoung heaved a sigh.

“You’re on time..” Taeyeon said, putting the magazine back on the table and get a paper bag with her, walking closer to Sooyoung’s desk, sitting on the chair across the brunette “breakfast..” she said, putting the paperbag on the table.

“I work here, of course I should come on time..” Sooyoung answered, glanced on the paperbag “and thank you..”

“You’re welcome..” Taeyeon said, but she didn’t stand up, eyes studying Sooyoung’s face while the brunette is busying herself avoiding her eyes.

Taeyeon sighed “..don’t tell me you’re not sleeping again..”

Sooyoung said nothing, and it hurts Taeyeon to see her bestfriend like that “it’s just as worse as seeing you already here before I came to your office room every morning..”

“..when will you stop punishing yourself, Soo..” Taeyeon said weakly “..can you at least tell her?”

“We talked about this..” Sooyoung said, gaze hardened, but softened upon seeing Taeyeon’s hurtful and worried expression “we won’t tell her, no matter what happen..” she added softly “..and sorry..” she said “this won’t happen again..”

Taeyeon kept silent, she knows Sooyoung lied..

Because it will keep happening.. because next time, Sooyoung will only try to hide it better..

“..so, did you get any news about her?” Sooyoung asked.

“Ah, yes.. I was about to tell you that..” Taeyeon spoke “the personal investigator we hire called me earlier this morning..” she said “..and after one year..” she added “Sooyoung, we finally find her..”

“And this time..” Taeyeon said in between her gritted teeth, anger clearly shown on her child like face “I won’t ever let her go.. I will make her pay for ruining your life..” she said in obvious anger “Sooyoung.. I will definitely make her pay for this..”

-----

 

“Unniee!” Sooyoung turned to the person who called her just now, having the sight of a tall woman, face similar to the one she loves the most.

“Hey, Seo..” Sooyoung grinned “you’re cheerful as usual.. where’s my baby?”

“Sulli still have some things to do..” Seohyun chuckled, making the older Choi pouting.

“How come she rarely go home with me too?” the tall brunette whined childishly.

“Maybe because she is not as free as you are..” Seohyun giggled “so.. you’re the one who is in turn to pick me up today, unnie?” Seohyun asked “alone?”

“Yes, your sister is currently busy..” the tall brunette grinned “so, today we’re on a date..”

“You should stop giving my sister so much work to do..” Seohyun chuckled “because she is so busy with college and work, even I rarely see her..”

“She asked it herself! I hate it so much too!” Sooyoung pouted childishly “should we make some kind of movement against it somehow?” Sooyoung’s eyes rounded in excitement. She is not even caring anymore if she is currently standing in front of a big high school building as some of the students passed by from the gate and smiling to her.

Just who don’t know Choi Sooyoung..

As being rich, beautiful, and famous are not enough, her model like figure and warm smile are enough to attract people and glued their eyes to the so charming woman there.. not to mention as how her personality is enough to melt any heart.. its Choi Sooyoung..

Seohyun giggled “you seem more desperate than I am!”

“Oh, I am really desperate! Trust me!” Sooyoung childishly protested.

“You must love unnie so much..”

“Damn, not much anymore! I will give everything up just to stay with her, forever!” Sooyoung giggled “but she doesn’t want me!” and there, her childish pout.

“She does..” Seohyun maturely patted the older woman’s shoulder “you know she does..”

“But, seo..” Sooyoung whined “she doesn’t want to marry me, or at least become my girlfriend!”

“Give her more time, unnie..” Seohyun smiled “Yoona unnie-..”

“Sooyoung unnie!!” another girl childishly runs over to the two tall figures, crushing Sooyoung’s body into a tight hug “I miss you!!”

“Jiyeon.. I miss you too..” Sooyoung giggled, giving a friendly hug before she pulled to the grinning girl “but I thought we just met yesterday..”

“But, I already missed you..”

Sooyoung giggled “who picked you up? Your unnie?” she asked to the girl she knows as one of Seohyun’s classmate.

“Ah, Eunjung unnie can’t pick me up today..” Jiyeon frowned “she has class..”

“Then, how about I drive you home?” Sooyoung offered, giving a big smile “lunch with me and Seo?”

“Lunch?” Jiyeon’s eyes glimmering.

Sooyoung giggled “than, come on, I am so, so hungry…”

-----

 

It’s a company dinner, to celebrate another successfulness of Choi’s company. And the three daughters of the Choi, as the organizer of the dinner party are walking inside the ballroom beautifully as ever. Even if sure, the youngest one hasn’t been a part of the company for she need still to finish college like her two other sisters.

But ever since the accident which took their parents away from them two years ago, the two eldest Choi’s sibling has been taking care of the company greatly, and even overstep their parent’s successfulness, and maybe, maybe it’s just because everything chance ever since the accident.

Because for sure, no matter how stunning the three siblings are, their closest one can always know how much they try to force the smiles one their face.

Taeyeon’s eyes glued on her bestfriend who is still having a small smile on her face while standing on the podium with her oldest sister, Soojin. Standing in between the crowd with her girlfriend, Jessica, and their bestfriend, Yoona, all of them are having a glass of champagne and waiting the cue from the speaker to cheer.

The speech last less than 20 minutes when the dinner starts. And as soon as the music plays, when Sooyoung and Soojin stepped down from the podium, Soojin was about to ask her sister to have their dinner together with her husband, Yunho and their sister, Sulli, but Sooyoung already fled away, going out to the balcony, to where silence can fill her, and the cold breeze wind can cool her tired mind.

It’s been two years, but Sooyoung still lives in guilt of what happened on their parents, and the very same reason she has been avoiding both her sisters who are obviously sad and worried over Sooyoung’s behavior for these past two years..

Soojin stared as her sister’s back in sadness and worry before she turned to where her sister’s bestfriends are standing up, not far from the podium, meeting Yoona’s eyes, but the latter gave a small smile politely before she avoided Soojin’s eyes.

In the other hand, Taeyeon as she meets Soojin’s eyes, give a small smile with a light nod.

“..do you want to-..”

“No..” Yoona swiftly answered.

Taeyeon sighed, meeting Yoona’s eyes as she spoke “..maybe you should stop punishing herself, Yoona..”

“I don-..”

“Because she is clearly already doing that for herself..” Taeyeon cut, her eyes fill with sadness.

“I don’t care if she is punishing herself.. I don’t care if I’m hurting her.. and I clearly don’t care id she is dying.. I don’t and I don’t want to care anymore.. because she deserve it.. she does..”

“No, you’re wrong, Yoona.. she doesn’t deserve this..”

“I don’t care, Tae..”

“You treat her like stranger..”

“She is..” Yoona said coldly “because all this year, I thought I know her, and one day, she proofed me wrong..”

“She never proofed you wrong, Yoona..” Taeyeon whispered brokenly “she said she loves you more than anything.. and she just do whatever she can to show you, that she really does..”

“Does?” Yoona gave a sarcastic chuckle “yes, I pretty much got the idea by what she did two years ago..”

“And that’s how you get it wrong..”

“Wha-..”

“Because you never known what kind of thing she can do just to protect you..”

“Yes, and she will only surprised me with whatever she does there..”

Taeyeon shook her head lightly “..you will regret this..” she mumbled before quickly turned and give a peck with a soft whisper to her girlfriend who is responding with a light nod and a small smile before making her way out from the room, to the balcony where Sooyoung is right now.

-----

 

“Unnie, I love you..”

“Wha-what?” Sooyoung stared at the girl in front of her. She is just standing in front of Seohyun’s high school, waiting the girl when Jiyeon, Seohyun’s classmate is confessing to her.

“Unnie, I love you..” Jiyeon repeated.

Sooyoung stared at Jiyeon guiltily “..i’m really sorry, Jiyeon..” she said “but I have someone I love so much..”

“But I love you so much to..” Jiyeon said stubbornly.

“I love her more than so much, Jiyeon..” Sooyoung answered, giving a weak smile “more than anything I have.. more than anything I can say.. and more than anything, just anything..”

“But she is not your girlfriend, right?”

“I don’t care if she doesn’t want me, Jiyeon..” Sooyoung smiled “but I can’t stop loving her.. and my feeling for her won’t change just because she doesn’t want me the way I want us to be..”

“Be my girlfriend..” Jiyeon said “I will make you forget about her..”

“..I can’t..” Sooyoung mumbled “I’m really sorry..” she said “Jiyeon, not only my heart.. but everything on me.. just belong to her, and her alone..”

Tears are falling when Sooyoung voiced that, letting her know, that no matter ho hard she tries, Sooyoung’s feeling won’t change, and she just never stand a chance.. never..

“..Jiyeon..” Sooyoung called softly, trying to reach the girl’s arm, but Jiyeon stepped back.

“..Jiyeon, I’m so-..”

“Don’t, I don’t want to hear that! I don’t!” and with that, Jiyeon run from there, even bumping Seohyun who is just walking near their standing place in process.

Sooyoung stared as the girl disappeared from her sight, with Seohyun already standing right beside her.

“..is she okay?”

“She will be okay, unnie..” Seohyun said, pretty much knowing what happen from the how her classmate run while crying just now, patting the older woman’s back softly “she will be okay..”

-----

 

“..it’s cold here..” Taeyeon spoke quietly.

“You should come back inside then..”

“Not without you..”

“I will be o--..”

“You’re not.. we both know you’re not..” Taeyeon cut “so you don’t need to lie to me..”

Sooyoung took a deep sigh, eyes darting far to the sky, the dark sky, as dark as how she sees her life, her life without the one she loves.

Taeyeon glanced on the empty champagne glass in Sooyoung’s grip “and please stop taking that..” Taeyeon spoke softly “..you have enough for the night..”

“..hmm..” Sooyoung hummed with a weak nod, not bothering to spare a glance. She knows Taeyeon is worried, but meeting the petite woman’s eyes will only break her down.

“..and please, at least stop hurting yourself just because you think you deserve that..” Taeyeon spoke “..Soo.. none of what happened two years ago was your--..”

“It was..” Sooyoung cut “we both know it started on me..”

“But It’s not your fault..”

Sooyoung turned her head, eyes meeting Taeyeon’s worried gaze “..I told you, I don’t like talking about this..”

“I thought keeping it down will stop you from hurting yourself..” Taeyeon replied “but looking at how you are living your live right now.. Sooyoung, you can’t continue living like this.. you need help..”

“..I am living my life just fine..”

“By overwork yourself? Staying at your office some nights? And I know you stay up even at home..” Taeyeon said “Sooyoung, you almost have no sleep.. you don’t take meals regularly, you won’t have meals if it’s not me or your assistant who buy breakfast, lunch, or dinner and bring it to your office.. and even so, sometimes, even if we buy it and put it right on the table, you will still leave it untouchable..” Taeyeon said wearily “I am seriously so worried, Soo.. do you know how bad it is for your health?”

“You might think that you can keep being like this.. but Sooyoung, for sure, your body can’t take more..” Taeyeon whispered softly “you’re hurting yourself..”

“..sorry..” Sooyoung whispered silently “I will-..”

“Don’t say it if you don’t mean them..” Taeyeon cut “you left me no choice but to come to your office with breakfast, lunch, and dinner, and watch you until you finish them all..” she said “so, don’t you protest when I stay in your office because of that..”

Sooyoung’s eyes gazed deep into Taeyeon’s “..thank you..”

“..if you want to thank me, let me help you.. if you refused to share it with me.. at least, meet a professional, or a psychologist..” Taeyeon spoke “you need one… and I can always find the best for you..”

“..if I stabbed by a stiletto, I don’t need to know where the stiletto was made, who the hell it was who stabbed me or even how it ended up hurting me.. all I need to just get it out from my chest and stop with this pain.. but even so, I start to doubt if it’s a good thing to do, because I know, the moment I take it out, I will bleed to death..”

“But living with it won’t make it any better..”

Sooyoung went silent, her eyes meet Taeyeon’s “..i’ll be okay, Tae..” she whispered softly “at least for now, I will..”

“..then, promise me..” Taeyeon spoke after a moment of silent, her eyes get teary, full of worries and pain “..if one day you can’t take it anymore.. come to me.. because no matter when would it be and how hard would it be.. I promise.. I promise, Soo.. that I will be there for you..”

Sooyoung take a step closer, embracing her bestfriend in a tight warm hug on the dark cold night “..silly..” Sooyoung let out a soft chuckle “how do you think I keep up this far? How do you think I stay this strong? And how do you think I am able to go through this if it’s not because I believe that you’re always by my side?”

Taeyeon chuckled, along with the falling tears “..yah.. call me crazy, but I miss that sweet flirty side of yours..”

“..wait until Jessica hear that..” Sooyoung giggled, pulling from the hug, lifting both her hands, cupping Taeyeon’s face, wiping the latter’s tears “..yah, don’t cry, you don’t want to ruin the party, right?”

Taeyeon gave a soft smile, meeting Sooyoung’s gaze before her smile faded, changing into a serious expression “..and Sooyoung.. she is in Seoul..” Taeyeon spoke quietly “..Sooyoung, Eunjung is in Seoul..”

-----

 

“How dare you!!” the short haired woman shot angrily, slamming the desk hard, inside Sooyoung’s office.

It’s lunch time, and there are almost no one there.

“Eunjung?” Sooyoung called calmly, standing up from her seat “please sit, and calm yourself..”

“Calm?!” Eunjung rolled her eyes “after hurting my sister, how dare you say it right into my face?!”

 “I didn’t mean to hurt her..” Sooyoung said apologetically.

“But you did!!”

“Eunjung--..”

“Do you think because you’re wealthy that you can play people as you like?!”

“It’s not like that.. Eunjung--..”

“Do you think because you’re famous that you can do as you wish?!”

 “No--..”

“She cried, and it’s been two days since she doesn’t want to go out from her room, crying!!”

“I can talk to her..” Sooyoung offered.

“Talk?! For hurting her more!??”

“No.. let me talk to her, maybe we can--..”

“Don’t talk to her if you’re going to hurt her more!!!” Eunjung yelled.

“Please, this is not going to solve our problem..” Sooyoung spoke.

“Because I am here not to solve any problem, Choi Sooyoung..” Eunjung said in a cold tone.

“Eunjung--..”

“I am here simply to warn you..” Eunjung said coldly “I won’t let this go.. I won’t let you go because you hurt my sister.. Choi Sooyoung.. I will make you pay this.. I will..”

And that’s the only words Eunjung said before she left Sooyoung’s office, leaving the brunette without a chance to speak her mind, or without listen another word from the sad brunette..

And clearly, it’s just never crossed Sooyoung’s mind, that what waiting in front of her are way, are way too much for her to take..

-----

 

Sooyoung is standing inside her office, facing the window glasses, her eyes are gazing far down to the busy street, to near buildings, just everywhere.

But for sure, her mind has its own thought, something of what her petite bestfriend told her at the gala dinner four days ago, their conversation.

..she will come to you.. we both know she will..”

Sooyoung’s expression hardened “..and I can’t wait that day to come..”

“After what she did two years ago, she must be coming back to see how much she broke you down..” Taeyeon spoke softly “she must want to see if your pain, miserable life, and how all of that pay for her sister’s pain..”

“..and by looking at how you live your life right now..” Taeyeon continued, staring at Sooyoung’s cold expression “we both know that she gets what she wanted.. and you’re letting her crushing every little bits of you..”

Sooyoung turned from her bestfriend, facing the railing as her eyes fall far to the glimmering lights of Seoul in night.

“..it’s not fair..” Taeyeon spoke quietly “you only broke her sister’s heart, and you didn’t even mean to do that.. but she broke your life..” Taeyeon said in between her gritted teeth “..i will make her pay more than how she could..”

“..Sooyoung, I will make her pay..”

 

Sooyoung sighed. She is obviously disturbed by a certain woman. If she told the woman she loves, the truth.. will everything be different? Will something become better? Will she lives her live in miserable pain still?

Will Yoona love her still?

A sad chuckled escaped her lips by such thoughts.

Her personal assistant doesn’t even have a reason to keep any feeling for her..

And she knows, the only reason why Yoona still works at the company as her personal assistant is only because the tall latter think that she owes her life and her sister’s life to the Choi’s.. to Sooyoung’s parents.

A pair of kind woman and man who accidentally found them when they were running from the orphanage, taking them to a place where for the first time, Yoona and Seohyun thought was more than home.

A weak smile appeared on Sooyoung’s face by the memories.

She was just 16 that time, and she fell for the very first time, and hard. Fortunately and unfortunately it last up to this second where Sooyoung doesn’t even know if she should be grateful about it or not.

It started with a kiss, and grew more than a kiss, way more and far from whatever they can think about. But they’re in love. And that’s exactly the only reason how they don’t care of whatever people talk about, or their status.

And Sooyoung’s parents never even once bothered about it, either the two elder didn’t know, or they don’t mind about it, the two teenager who were in love seem to not care about it.

They’re serious about that, about them, but even before they both can make it official or brought it to Sooyoung’s parents, two years ago, it all messed up..

But despite all things.. Yoona stayed, because of what she called debt..

Or maybe because Sooyoung ever tried to take her life away..

Who knows?

The only things Sooyoung wanted to know is Yoona stayed.. that Yoona is here.. that she has a reason to life..

That’s why, no matter if hatred is all what Yoona can spare for her, it’s okay.. even if it kills here, it’s okay.. and even if she is dying, it’s okay.. at least, for now, she knows, she has reason to keep breathing.. to keep alive.. she has..

 

“Miss Sooyoung? Miss Sooyoung?”

Hearing her name, Sooyoung turned, finding one of her worker standing there. It’s lunch time, that’s why her personal assistant is no where to be found around, the latter must be having her lunch with their other friends. It’s one habit Sooyoung left ever since two years ago.

“I’m sorry, Miss..” the girl bowed nervously “..i knocked already, but--..”

“It’s okay..” Sooyoung replied flatly.

“This is the documents you’re asking for..” the young girl quickly placed the documents she brought on the table.

“Thank you..” Sooyoung answered in the same tone, walking to her swivel chair, sitting silently.

“..umm.. and.. Miss Sooyoung..” the young girl said “..there is someone looking for you..” she added “she said you know her..” the girl added “her name is Park Eunjung..”

-----

 

Sooyoung is just staying in her penthouse that evening, waiting for Yoona to come back. The latter sometimes will get back home from the company, Sooyoung’s family company. That’s just one of Yoona’s way to thanks the Choi’s, by working hard, because she is going this far, she and her sister can get into a nice house, even going to college and working in the company all because of Sooyoung’s parents kindness.

Sooyoung is lying on the couch in the living room, watching TV when the bell’s ring. Her brows furrowed as she stood up from the couch, because as far as she remembered, she doesn’t expect any guest, and it’s definitely not Yoona because the latter has her card keys.

Sooyoung opened the door, greeted by the sight of an unfamiliar face, it’s a stranger, a middle height young woman in a blue short dress with long wavy black hair, holding a small purse in one hand, and a handphone in another.

“..Sorry?” Sooyoung asked politely “can I he--..”

Before Sooyoung can finished her question, the woman lifted her hand, that one which holding a phone.

Without saying a word, the woman hinted Sooyoung to take that phone from her.

Doubtfully, Sooyoung took the phone before she put it on her right ear.

“..hello?”

And it’s second Sooyoung’s eyes widened in horror as she recognized the voice from the other line.

“..unnie!! help me please!!! Unnie!!!”

It’s Seohyun…

“Se-seo?! Whe-where are you!??” Sooyoung said panickly, eyeing the standing woman in front of her in hatred.

“Well.. well..” and this time, rather a calm voice replied “I have a present for you..” she said “but you need to cooperate and doing as I said..”.

“I swore Eunjung!!” Sooyoung said in between her gritted teeth “if something happen to her, I will kill you!!”

“Don’t worry..” the other woman said slyly “what happen to her will be decided on how better you do everything I said..”

“Eunjung--..”

“Now, let my friend come in to your place first.. and put this on loudspeaker..” Eunjung spoke “because I would like to hear how I break your heart like how you broke my sister’s..”

Sooyoung stared at the young woman in anger, but letting her to step inside her penthouse.

The young woman is walking inside the room, sitting on the couch as Sooyoung stood up right in front of her, eyes gazing sharp into the woman’s eyes, hand gripping the phone as she was about to break the poor thing.

“What do you want?!”

“Let’s see..” Eunjung voiced in a sly tone “how long it take before your love come back home? Should we prepare something for her to see?”

“Eunjung, I am not playing with you!”

Eunjung’s laughter can be heard before she spoke “..too bad.. I already prepare an exciting game for you.. for us..”

“Eunjung--..”

“Eunji, do as I told you..” the voice in the loudspeaker said, a hint of anger clearly shows from her cold tone.

The woman called Hyomin stood up from the couch, taking of her dress, and all that follows, until it left nothing on her body, really nothing as she is standing up just in front of Sooyoung.

“What the hell!! What are you--..”

But before Sooyoung can finish her word, the woman push Sooyoung on the couch while letting the phone fall on the couch just beside them, straddling on Sooyoung’s lap and go after the tall brunette’s lips after.

“..hmpp.. YAH!!! Sooyoung yelled angrily, pushing the woman right away “what do you think you’re doing?!!!” she yelled while trying to stand up from the couch.

“Trust me..” the woman whispered weakly “this is the best you could do..”

“What do you--..”

“Unniee!!! Arghh!! Please! Please, don’t!” a loud scream echoed in the silent room from the loudspeaker, followed by a voice as something tear, something like clothes.

“..well.. to make this more interesting..” the calm voice added from the phone “..let me give you a sight of your lovely sister in law..”

The phone beeped, Sooyoung’s hand is shaking in fear and right when her eyes catch that familiar figure in her teared clothes bruised cheek and bleeding lip, her tears fall.

“..don’t do this, please..” Sooyoung mumbled weakly “..she did nothing wrong..”

“She didn’t.. but you did..” the voice replied coldly “..now, either you want her to pay for your fault or you, yourself paying for it… it’s right into your hand..”

“Eunjung--..”

“You don’t have much time.. because she is going to get home in no time, right?” Eunjung cut “..either you let other person live in misery because you broke my sister’s heart.. or you’re paying it with yours instead..”

“You don’t understand, Eunjung.. I love her, I love Yoona..”

“I am going to ruin your life and whatever you have..” Eunjung spoke coldly “..and let’s see how much that person you love, love you back..” she said “..we’re going to see how this turn up, aren’t we?”

“Stop playing around, Eunjung.. I am not--..”

“I am not playing with you, Sooyoung..” Eunjung cut “and if you’re not going to choose yourself.. I will make the decision for you..”

Sooyoung said nothing in tears. Her heart broke to pieces.

“..you’re running out of time, Sooyoung..”

“..fine.. let her go..” Sooyoung spoke brokenly “..i will do whatever you want..”

A smirk appeared on Eunjung’s face, go unseen by the tall brunette.

“Good choice..” she said “now.. since you have my friend there, and your sister in law have my cousin here..” she added “..this is the rule..”

“..as far as you’re doing a good job there.. I won’t let my impatient cousin to touch even a strand of your sister in law’s hair..”

“Second.. the louder I hear moan from your side by my friend.. you won’t hear a word from here..”

“And last.. you know what I want.. I want Yoona to have a sight of you having fun while she is not around..” Eunjung said in her smirk behind the other line “..i want her to leave you.. and I want your life to shattered until you find that it’s such a stupid decision to choose that woman over my sister..”

“And I play fair Sooyoung.. as long as I get what I want.. I won’t hurt anyone who have nothing to do with this..”

“You may start now..” Eunjung spoke, but Sooyoung stay still, drenched in tears, because every parts of her already dying.

Eunji, the woman who sits on Sooyoung’s lap, leaning closer with both her arms slid on Sooyoung’s neck when she got nothing from the brunette, leaning to Sooyoung’s side façade as she whispered “..sorry… I owe her something I couldn’t pay..”

“Sooyoung, you have a minute before I tell my cousin to start here instead..”

With both her hand gripped tightly, Sooyoung leaned closer to the woman who sits on her, going to the latter’s neck as she tilted her head to side.

Sooyoung landed her lips on the stranger’s neck, along with her running tears.

“I hear nothing..” Eunjung said from the phone that placed just right on the couch, beside them.

“..sorry..” Sooyoung whispered painfully before she raked her teeth on the latter’s neck, going lower and lower, filling the room greatly with the stranger’s messing moans.

They’re in the middle of it when voices from the front door can be heard, along with soft steps, which breaking Sooyoung’s every much with every closer it gets.

“..Sooyoung, are you ho--..”

Yoona stood stunned as she is standing on the living room, her bag fall to the floor. Having a sight of a woman in nothing who is sitting on Sooyoung’s lap, the one she loves just so much.

But Sooyoung doesn’t even lift her face from the stranger’s neck. Her face filled with tears, and she can’t let Yoona see it, not when she has someone important in the other line to save.

“..what..”

But Yoona’s question drown in between the stranger’s messing moans..

Tears falling endlessly as Yoona picked her bag from the floor, running out from the penthouse.

“..she left..” Eunji informed her friend in between her heavy breath through the phone after their session, just right when Yoona’s left.

“..i am on my way..” that’s the last word from the phone before it ended.

Eunji climbed down from Sooyoung’s lap, the lifeless tall brunette who is still in tears.

“..they’re just in one of the hotel room across this building..” Eunji said while she is wearing her dress back.

“..i will wait on the front door, and I will immediately leave after your sister arrived..” she said, waiting for a response, but getting nothing, the young woman sighed before she picked up her purse, leaving the tall brunette there.

Its minutes when two women made her way inside the penthouse, the front door is obviously opened by the woman named Eunji.

Sooyoung stoop up right when she saw Seohyun, and the latter are running on her in tears, crushing her body on Sooyoung’s while Sooyoung swiftly wrapped the young girl in a tight hug.

“I’m not done..” Eunjung said “the price of breaking my sister’s heart is by your life, Sooyoung..” she said “so I am ruining yours only..” she added “and I am not done, until I know.. you get it just fair..” with that, Eunjung walked to the front door, along with her friend and cousin who are waiting there, leaving the penthouse.

“..are you okay? Do you hurt somewhere? Did they do something to you?” Sooyoung ranted questions.

“..i-I’m o-okay.. unnie..” the young girl said in between her sobs.

“..sorry..” Sooyoung whispered brokenly “..i am really sorry..”

The young girl nodded weakly, hugging Sooyoung as tightly as she can.

“Stay the night here, okay? I promise, Seo.. I promise to not let anyone hurt you anymore..” Sooyoung mumbled brokenly “..so I am really sorry..”

-----

 

“..what are you doing here?” Sooyoung asked in between her gritted teeth. She sure is a hell angry.

“Me? come on Sooyoung.. you know why..” Eunjung gave a smirk as she walks to the chair across the tall brunette, seated herself calmly.

“Isn’t it too obvious?” Eunjung added “..i definitely come to see how you’re doing..”

“..how dare are you saying that right in front of my face..” Sooyoung growled angrily.

“Hey, you seem to do okay though..” Eunjung smirked.

“Okay?” Sooyoung asked incredulously “you will pay this..”

“Pay for what exactly?”

“You killed my parents!!” Sooyoung stood up with a loud hit on the table with both her hands.

Eunjung escaped mocking chuckled “as far as I remember, Choi Sooyoung.. you are the one who were driving the car that night..”

“You crushed my car that night!!” Sooyoung tore, tears flowing on her cheeks endlessly as her body falls on her swivel chair lifelessly.

“You planned that Eunjung.. you’re doing it on purpose..” Sooyoung mumbled brokenly.

“It’s not my fault that I don’t know if your parents were inside that night..” Eunjung gave another sarcastic chuckle “they’re simply being in the wrong place in the wrong time..”

“You were supposed to pay it by your life..” Eunjung said “I was being kind that time to give you a minor injury by crushing the other side of the car..” a smirk appeared on her face after “too bad that there were your parents..”

“I was hoping to get you a little hurt.. physically and mentally..” Eunjung said “with that, I planned to stop after you learned your lesson..” she added “now that even if there was some things that out from my plan..”

Eunjung scoffed lightly with a sly smirk “it was better than I expected..”

And Eunjung’s remark just angered Sooyoung more “I will get you to pay that..”

“Anyway, I got more than what I was hoping for..” Eunjung ignored Sooyoung’s word “…you’re screwing your own life.. living in guilt and blame..”

“I was only aiming to make the love of your life to step away from your life..” Eunjung smirked “and she is.. and you even distance yourself from your family, you sister because you, yourself believe that you killed your parents, right?”

“Stop..” Sooyoung gritted her teeth, trying to stay composed. She is done ruining her life, and she can’t afford to have more. She is already in miserable pain, and she can’t hold more.

“2 years..” Eunjung said in a mocking tone “..and the almighty Choi Sooyoung is living in mess..”

“I said stop!!”

“I guess you shouldn’t put too much faith in her.. that woman.. who you are madly in love with.. doesn’t love you that much, huh?”

“I said--!!”

“She said stop, isn’t she?” and in the doorstep, standing Kim Taeyeon, along with her, there were three tall men in police uniform.

“Park Eunjung.. you’ve said your greetings..” Taeyeon said, walking closer to the short haired woman who look rather surprised “now I believe it’s time to go..”

Eunjung keep herself calm, trying to. But looking at police officers there are making her damn scared.

Faking a scoff, Eunjung said “I was about to leave anyway..” she said, walking through the petite woman, but before she can reach the door, the two man hold each her arms tightly.

“Yahh! What are you doing?! Let me go!”

Taeyeon gave a sly smile as she turned her body to face the short haired woman “well, let’s see..” Taeyeon spoke “maybe you will stay in prison for a while..” she said “..five years, tens.. or even more?” she added “who knows?” Taeyeon shrugged “and you might stay there longer than how you supposed to, since you’re running away from your crime for two years already..”

“You can’t do that!! you have no evidence!!” Eunjung yelled histerically.

“Well, let see..” Taeyeon with a calm smile lifting her hand “I accidentally recorded your confession just now..” she smirked after “and your friend.. Eunji, she said that she is willing to testify against you..”

“No way..” Eunjung mumbled, shaking her head in disbelieve “she won’t do that..”

“I guess you shouldn’t put too much faith in her, huh?” Taeyeon said mockingly, walking closer, handing her phone to the one of the police there “..uncle Kang.. I believe you’re the best person who can do this just fair..”

The old man gave a smile “don’t worry.. I will make sure she pays for whatever she did..”

“Noo!! Don’t!!”

That three man, along with the histerical young woman leave the place, definitely by ignoring the loud yell and dragging the woman with them.

 

Taeyeon fixed her eyes on her tall bestfriend, making her way to Sooyoung’s seat, leaning sit on the table just a little by Sooyoung side with one hand to prop herself up, and other on Sooyoung’s cheek, caressing the tall brunette gently.

“..go home..” Taeyeon said “and take a rest..”

“I am okay..”

“You’re paler than this morning..” Taeyeon replied immediately “..you make me dead worry, Choi Sooyoung..”

“..how could you be here?”

“I saw her walking passed the lobby when we’re heading to lunch..” Taeyeon explained, definitely referring to Jessica and Yoona “I recognize her face..” Taeyeon said “I am the one who was looking for her for two years, and I immediately run while calling my uncle before I stood up in front of your office..”

“..thank you..” Sooyoung spoke quietly.

“If you want to thank me.. do it by tell her the truth and stop torturing yourself, please..” Taeyeon said, hand still softly caressing Sooyoung’s pale cheek.

“It’s better if she stays unaware of this..”

“You make her hate you, Sooyoung..”

"…Everytime I stand up right in front of the mirror, i can't bear to see myself.. I can't.. because i know, i just can't see myself without her.. not without her.. that's why.. even if it's hurt until it kills me.. let her, let her hate me with all she can do.."

“You’re just worry if Eunjung came and hurt her if she knows about it.. now that Eunjung is arrested, telling her won’t causing any bad..”

“Telling her now will only make it as an excuse..”

“She will understand.. she loves you, Soo.. we both know she loves you..” Taeyeon said “she stays because--…”

“She thinks she owe my parents..” Sooyoung cut “besides, this is about Seo too..” she added “she asked me not to tell her sister about that.. she doesn’t want to make her sister worried and sad.. I should respect her decision, right?”

“Then, if Seo is okay with--..”

“Let’s stop talking about this.. please?”

Taeyeon sighed “..why the hell you’re so stubborn?”

“..let it be like this Tae.. everything just fine this way..”

“Nobody fine this way..” Taeyeon argued “me, your sisters, Soojin and Sulli, and all our friends, we’re dead worried over you.. I hardly sleep because I can’t help but think if you’re sleeping that night..” she said “Sooyoung, sometimes—wait, a lot of times..” Taeyeon corrected “you’re working late until night, and you don’t even go home! You stayed in the office! And Yoona will tell me how you do that in your penthouse too!!”

“I find it hard to sleep these past years..” Sooyoung answered “but I am okay..”

“But we’re not..” Taeyeon answered immediately “we’re worried over you..”

Sooyoung sighed softly “Tae--..”

“And you never take meals regularly! If it’s not me or Yoona to buy you food and place it right on your table, and sitting in front of you, you won’t ever touch them!!”

“..maybe I am not that hungry the moment..” Sooyoung reasoned.

“You’re doing it almost all the time, Sooyoung!!!”

Sooyoung lifted her hand, placed it on top Taeyeon’s which still on her cheek, gently rubbing her thumb on the back of Taeyeon’s palm, giving a soft smile “..thank you.. really, thank you so much..”

“I told you, if you really want to thank--..”

“By the way..” Sooyoung cut “let’s have dinner tonight..”

“Dinner?” Taeyeon’s brows creased, both arms on her chest, staring suspiciously on the her tall bestfriend “..what are you up to now, Choi Sooyoung?”

“Hey, I just invited you to dinner..” Sooyoung chuckled “please tell Jessica and Yoona, can you?”

“You live in the same place with Yoona..”

“We rarely talk..”

“Then, use this opportunity to--..”

“Tae, please.. just this once..” she said “tell her that it’s yours..”

“My dinner?” Taeyeon sighed “you better don’t do anything stupid..” Taeyeon said, pulling the tall brunette into a tight hug “go home now and rest, will you?” she said “I will explain to Soojin unnie.. she will understand..”

“Fine..fine..” Sooyoung smiled, a smile to tell Taeyeon that finally it’s over.. it’s all over..

-----

 

That one night, where Mr. and Mrs. Choi were trying to get Sooyoung home.. because it’s been weeks since Sooyoung screwed up..

She rarely went home.. Sooyoung almost never left her office.. and if she did, the only place she headed to was only a bar, a pub, or whatever she could fill her empty stomach with the bitter sweet liquid.

The penthouse, the place where supposed to be Sooyoung’s home was being a hell, it kept remind the brunette of how she messed her life in just minutes..

Where she lost someone so important to her..

And the only time Sooyoung stepped into the place was either for changing her clothes, showering, or taking important documents in her study room.

Sooyoung was miserable.

That night, both Mr. and Mrs. Choi couldn’t take it anymore. So they’re persuading their little girl, or how they always wanted all their children to be, to go home with them. Using all the excuses that could cross their mind, that night Sooyoung left the office, simply to give her parents a ride. Noted in mind, Sooyoung would definitely left after driving her parent home.

It’s late at night.. and Sooyoung definitely worried if the two elder went home by cab. It’s dangerous, and their driver, as how the old man said, was sick.

It was supposed to be okay. Because both elder were definitely up to something, because all in their way home, they’re trying to get another excuses to get their second daughter to stay there, home.

But there when the accident happened.

Sooyoung was way too shocked that time.

In the hospital, at how Taeyeon remembered to hurriedly making her way, running in the corridor, along with Jessica, Seohyun and Yoona.

Taeyeon immediately crouched in front of the tall brunette, Yoona, Seohyun and Jessica were standing right in front of them, with Yoona hold herself from crushing her body on the one she loves.

Soojin and Sulli were already there, inside the room where their parents were.

Sooyoung was sitting on the floor, blood all over her clothes, either its her parent’s and her own, tears streaming down on her face, she was injured but she could care less, her face kept cold and stoned.

“Sooyoung? Sooyoung? Please go and see the doctor, will you? you’re injured..” Taeyeon coaxed, hands both on Sooyoung’s cheeks. It’s cold.

But Sooyoung said nothing. Her gaze was nowhere.

“Sooyoung, please? Please? You’re bleeding still..”

Slowly, Sooyoung turned her head, facing Taeyeon. Her eyes meet Taeyeon’s, but Taeyeon is sure as hell that Sooyoung is not there, that this definitely not something good, and it’s right when Sooyoung spoke in a soft whisper.

“..I killed them..”

“No, Soo.. it’s an accident..” Taeyeon said swiftly“..don’t do that to yourself..”

“..it’s my fault..” and with that, Sooyoung broke, she cried.

“No, no, don’t.. please..” Taeyeon pleaded softly, pulling the latter into a hug, rubbing the tall brunette’s back gently “it’s not your fault.. not yours..”

But Sooyoung never listened.

Sooyoung is broken.. and the night where everyone wish to get Sooyoung’s life better.. to where she can start going home again.. instead, getting the brunette drowned even more.. lost even far.. but this time, what’s worse was Sooyoung is making sure that nobody.. nobody can find her..

-----

 

It’s dinner, a dinner where everyone supposed to be happy, a dinner where family and friends can have a lot fun.

Sooyoung is sitting in the end of the table, it’s a private room. On the right side, there are soojin, Yunho as Soojin’s husband, and Sulli. And in the other side there are Taeyeon, Jessica, and Yoona. And Seohyun, the other sister who is considered as the part of family member, currently studying in Japan, just after she graduated two years ago.

It’s supposed to be fun. There are music, but hell, Taeyeon has a seriously bad feeling about it. The petite woman can’t stop glancing over the silent and calm tall brunette. And she is sure that Sooyoung’s mind is definitely has something on it, but she just can’t guess it right now. Because for sure, she doesn’t want to go for the worst.

But of course, all of them have that.. that bad feeling of what is running inside the brunette’s head right now..

They’re chatting while enjoying dinner, the very first dinner with the tall brunette in these two years.

They used to have dinner every week in the Choi’s house back then.. but it changed after the accident.. Sooyoung never went home. So, even if it’s out from their house, they are glad that at least, Sooyoung is okay to start it from the very start all over again.

Sooyoung will sometime take a part in their conversation, only when she was being asked. And even so, all she could give is the only answer which won’t grow into another question.

The dessert comes right after their meal, and that’s when Taeyeon’s bad feeling being answered.

“..hmm..” Sooyoung inwardly sighed a she gave a small smile “..you all always told me to take a break..”

And hell, Taeyeon doesn’t even want to hear the rest of it, all of them don’t want to. As someone who know what problems Sooyoung was facing, and now that it’s all over, isn’t that ridiculous to do this now?

“Since I already fulfill my duty for a whole month worth.. and all that assignments which I supposed to have more time to finish, but had already done..” Sooyoung said “..i planned to have a trip..”

“..that’s okay..” Soojin said “you need that..”

“And because of that.. since I will have my position empty for the time being..” Sooyoung added “..i assign Yoona as my personal assistant to hold my position for a while..”

And something is definitely not right, there is.

“What?” Taeyeon grumbled “you’re only going for a vacation, why the hell you need someone to fill your position..”

“I just don’t know when will I go back..” she said “and I already talked to Soojin unnie.. along with my vacation, I will have business trips in between.. to keep myself and the company occupied with work..” she smiled.

“You never went to a business trip alone, nobody in the company did..” Taeyeon argued “you always bring Yoona along as your personal assistant..”

“It’s along with my vacation, Tae.. why do I need a personal assistant for a vacation only..”

“But hell, you’re handing your position to your personal assistant?! What does it mean?!”

“Taeyeon is right, Soo..” Jessica said “if you’re only going for a vacation and business trips, why do you need someone to fill your position?”

Yoona is sitting quietly, her mind fill with thoughts, and she needs answer of what running inside the tall brunette’s mind, right now. And Taeyeon is pretty much asking the questions she is dying to ask herself.

The family’s side is being silent, where definitely there are something more up to these three persons, because right now, none of them are willing to meet the three confused latter’s eyes.

Sooyoung glanced on her sister, and Taeyeon is sure as hell that Soojin knew something she didn’t “..that’s all I need to tell..” Sooyoung ended.

“What?! what the--!?”

“I am leaving to the restroom..” Sooyoung cut, quickly making her way out.

Taeyeon gritted her teeth in anger, shooting sharp gaze to the older woman who sits across her, definitely demanding some answers.

Soojin sighed, knowing that Taeyeon won’t leave it like that, Soojin tilted her head slightly, signaling the latter to go after her sister.

Without saying a word, Taeyeon stood up, leaving the room to go after her bestfriend.

-----

 

It’s odd..

It’s been exactly one month since the accident happened.. and never once Sooyoung went home back to her house or stay inside her penthouse for more than an hour..

Most of the times, Sooyoung was just staying inside her office.. almost all the time..

But this time, it’s been a night.. and Sooyoung wasn’t in the office yet.

Since the penthouse was empty already, because right when the little scene Yoona saw two months ago, she left the penthouse, living in Choi’s house in Soojin’s offer, instead of renting an apartment. It’s dangerous for Yoona to live by herself.

And never been in her whole life Soojin saw her sister that miserable. But the brunette didn’t hear anyone.

She never did.

Since Sooyoung refused to stay in their family mansion, the brunette was living alone by herself.

That morning, looking at how Sooyoung wasn’t in the office yet, Taeyeon went to Sooyoung’s penthouse.

She is knocking, even pressing the bell until she was sure that it almost broke, but Sooyoung didn’t show up.

So it’s when she opened the door by Yoona’s card key, walking to the living room as she find it empty, her eyes widened in horror when she found Sooyoung lying there on the floor inside her bedroom with an opened bottle on the floor, small pills shattered, and few of it in Sooyoung’s hand.

-----

 

“What the hell?!” Taeyeon shot right after she step inside the restroom.

Sooyoung is leaning on the wall, the brunette definitely is waiting for her. She knows Taeyeon will come after her.

“It’s over, yet you--..”

“I’m going to meet one of the psychologist in LA..”

With that, Taeyeon went silent. Totally silent.

“..i can’t sleep.. I have nightmares.. and it’s worse lately..” Sooyoung added “..these days, even with sleeping pills, I can’t sleep..”

Taeyeon calmed down just from the sentences. So this must be the reason Soojin let her sister go.

“..you told me to meet one..” Sooyoung said, giving a weak smile along.

“There are a lot in Seoul..” Taeyeon said “I can find you the best in Seoul..”

“..let me do this my way..” Sooyoung said softly “I’ve been causing a lot of troubles here..” she said “..i am only leaving for a while..”

“I know you, Soo..” Taeyeon spoke “you even handed your seat to Yoona..” she said “that means you have no idea, no plan of coming back..”

“It might take a while.. and I might haven’t planned it..” Sooyoung said “but I definitely will come back.. I promise..”

Taeyeon sighed “..you better be back..” she mumbled while wrapping her bestfriend in a tight hug.

Sooyoung’s brows furrowed “you’re not up to something right now, right?” she asked, returning the hug.

“Hmm?” Taeyeon pulled slightly “what?”

“Oh come on, I know you as much as you know me..” Sooyoung spoke “you didn’t go against me just now.. you didn’t argue.. and you’re taking it just like that?”

“You never listened anyway..”

“But you never gave up anyway..”

Taeyeon chuckled “..yah!! just be back..” she said, before wrapping the brunette into another hug.

-----

 

Taeyeon is sitting on the couch, pacing back and forth after, and sitting again, and pacing again. And that’s what the petite woman was doing inside the ward while waiting her tall bestfriend to wake up, her eyes never left the lying Sooyoung on the bed.

They’re lucky that Sooyoung was brought to the hospital just in time..

Sleeping pills. Just how tired Sooyoung could be and how hard it would be for her to have a sleep? And how much the latter exactly gulping that small white pills.

“..mm..” a soft grunt made Taeyeon quickly glued her body to the bed’s side.

“Soo? Are you okay? Soo?”

“..Tae?” Sooyoung mumbled softly.

“Hell, you--..” Taeyeon gritted angrily, she seriously felt like kicking this stupid stubborn bestfriend of hers.

It took Sooyoung minute when she adjusted her sight by the light room, and Taeyeon to calm herself. It’s clearly not a good idea, and not wise to kick this stubborn bestfriend of hers right away.

The nurse came to cheek, leaving the patient with her lunch.

Sooyoung was just finished her lunch in silent, and she could feel how Taeyeon’s gazed bore deep on her, but she pretended still.

“..aren’t you going home? Jessica must be worried..”

“She knows I was here..”

“..but I am okay now.. so, Tae--..”

“I’ve talked with Yoona..” Taeyeon cut “and I don’t care whatever happened between you both, and why she suddenly moved back to your mansion..” she said “she agreed to move back to your penthouse, and so do you..” she added sternly “..and she will keep an eye on you whatever you like it or not..”

“..that’s not nece--..”

“What happened?” Taeyeon cut again, leaving Sooyoung in silent, having no choice but to agree with that decision.

“..there is something wrong with you lately, even before the accident.. and there is something weird on Yoona too.. and Seohyun never even stepped in the company ever since two month ago…” she said “if I can’t get something on you.. and Yoona was refusing to talk either..” Taeyeon said, gritted her teeth in anger, obviously pissed by whatever happened lately, and most of it because Sooyoung didn’t say a word “..you left me no choice but to go to Seo..”

“..you can’t..”

“Why?”

Sooyoung lifted her head, meeting Taeyeon’s eyes sadly “..she had enough.. you can’t hurt her..”

“Then, I won’t say a word to her and to anyone.. tell me what happened..” Taeyeon softened upon Sooyoung’s weak gaze “..don’t leave me lost like this.. please.. this hurt me too.. and it hurt me more knowing you don’t trust me enough with your problem..”

Sooyoung stared at her bestfriend doubtfully, escaping a soft sigh before she finally telling Taeyeon the story.. the truth..

From how it happened, which part went unknown by Yoona, and to where she told the petite woman on how she saw the one who crushed her car…

-----

 

“..i thought your flight is tonight?” Taeyeon asked as she spotted her bestfriend inside her office, as usual, occupied with her works.

“Yeah.. it’s tonight..” Sooyoung closed her laptop, giving a small smile.

“You’re supposed to rest until then..” Taeyeon scolded “how the hell you’re here, Miss Choi? You’re not going to die just because you pass a day work..”

Sooyoung chuckled softly “..i will heading to the airport just right from here..” she said “there are just few things I need to take care of before I leave..”

“With that clothes?”

“I bring my luggage already..” Sooyoung replied “..and I can change here..”

Taeyeon escaped a soft sigh “..i am still hoping that you change your mind..” she said “or your plane suddenly went missing.. or your place broke.. or your flight delay.. or--..”

“Hey, I told you I will come back, right?” Sooyoung giggled.

Taeyeon chuckled before she meet Sooyoung’s eyes deeply “..are you still not telling her?”

“..no..” Sooyoung smiled weakly.

“Are you sure?”

“Yes, Tae.. I am..” Sooyoung chuckled “..and, yah! stop playing in my office! You have yours..”

“It’s so unfair..” Taeyeon sulked childishly “yours more spacious.. and this will owned by Yoona in hours..”

“Go and file a complain to Soojin unnie then..” Sooyoung chuckled.

“I will.. just see..” Taeyeon childishly answered back.

“I will miss you, Tae..”

“…I won’t miss you..” Taeyeon stood up from her seat “I don’t want to miss you..” she said before walking out from the door.

Sooyoung shook her head lightly, smiling upon her bestfriend childish behavior.

-----

 

“Sooyoung was already heading to the airport..” Taeyeon said, sitting inside Yoona’s room, the one she used still as a personal assistant “she said she will stop at her penthouse for a while because she left something accidentally, you still have time if you want to go after her..”

“..that’s none of my business..” Yoona spoke, eyes still glued on the papers she is currently checking.

Taeyeon sighed when she mumbled “..why the hell I only stuck with damn stubborn people..”

And the remark even went ignored by the tall woman.

“She loves you, so much, so much more than you can imagine..” Taeyeon spoke “that’s why, I find it unfair leaving things like this..” she added “you need to know the truth..”

And with that, Yoona lifted her head from the paper, finally paying attention to the petite woman.

“But..” Taeyeon paused “since I promised that stupid woman to never say anything to you..” she added “..i won’t be the one who say a thing.. so, I can still keep my pro--..”

“What the hell?” Yoona asked impatiently “what are you trying to say?”

“There is someone who knows how things happened..” Taeyeon said “and I called her to come right from Japan to--..”

“Yah! Kim Taeyeon!” Yoona said, annoyed “if you have no-..”

“Wait..” Taeyeon cut “she will be the one telling you, and she is supposed to be here half an hour ago, where--..”

And right at the moment, the door opened, revealing a tall woman with a small smile.

Yoona’s eyes shifted from the petite woman who have a satisfied smile to the tall woman standing on the door step “..seo? what are you doing here?”

-----

 

Yoona doesn’t even think about anything at all, and right after her sister finished narrating the story, she took her car’s keys, and immediately heading to the airport.

Sooyoung called Taeyeon just like fifteen minutes ago, saying that she is currently on her way to the airport..

So, she still has time to go after the tall woman. She still has.

Yoona doesn’t even remember to step on the brake. She needs to arrive before Sooyoung’s leave.

And she can’t let the latter leaves, they have a lot to talk about. They do.

Yoona hastily parked her car, just somewhere near, and she doesn’t even give a damn about whatever if parked properly or not.

The tall woman step in the airport, and her heart sunk just right when she heard the announcement.

“Your attention please, last call for passengers flight number JN303 going to Los Angeles, immediate boarding please at gate number 6..”

It’s Sooyoung’s flight..

And it’s already the last call..


 

 

a/n: This is a seriously long chapter.. :D but if I cut it here and there, it may be hard to understand the plot, so I just let it be.. and there is less of Yoona’s here.. but there will be a lot of them in the next chapter :) and as I said, this is a two shot.. and until then, enjoy~