Back to Square One

First Impression

"Are you sure she's okay?"

"Ne. She's fine. Stop worrying."

Suga hated how Jin always over reacts on everything but since it's about SunHi, he'll let it pass. There was no point in hiding the fact Suga wanted to hang out with her from Jin anymore. Like it mattered since he already had a hunch about it.

"Why didnt you two just tell me you were going to hang out?" Jin asked.

"You would of begged to come along." Suga replied. "Besides we agreed it only be us two and no one else. Look have to go now. We can finish this later."

"But―"

Suga hung up then looked at SunHi who sat quietly on the bench. After giving a sigh he slowly sat next to her.

"He's worried isn't he." SunHi started to say. "Typical. Don't get mad at him for worrying about me. He's been like that for awhile."

"Why?"

SunHi shrugged. "I'm not entirely sure. I just know he cares a lot. It kind of gets annoying, but oh well, he's my friend. Can't blame him for that."

She found herself having a deep and serious conversation with. This wasn't Suga, who was always annoying and mean. No. This was Yoongi, the complete opposite of Suga. And SunHi liked Yoongi way better. He seemed to understand her more then ever and SunHi had felt his hint of sympathy. 

Suga was lost in her eyes. The way they sparkled gave SunHi a more innocent look. He just couldnt keep focus on what she was trying to say. Everytime SunHi looked at him, Suga wondered if this was what Jin could see, Suga remembered that Jin said he never ever did see SunHi as a tomboy in the first place. Is this really what Jin saw?

"I feel bad for taking you out like this..." Suga said. "I can take you home if you want."

"And go back to a house full of annoying brothers who will ask about this da―outing?" SunHi hoped Suga didn't catch her mistake but played it off cooly. "HA! I don't think so. Besides all we've done is walk here and you seeing me almost have to go to the hospital. Once I get back Jin will be waiting on my front porch asking if I'm okay. I'd like to be away from males who've been in daily life, so for now, I'll stick with you."

"Well alright if you say so. As long as if you're up to doing what I had in mind."

SunHi looked up at him questionable. "Wae?"

Suga gave a small smirk and just told SunHi to follow him. She continued to question his actions but continued to follow him anyway. When she saw sight of the basketball courts she stopped her track. At first SunHi thought it was just going to be the two of them shooting around but he actually wanted to play a game. She felt a little uneasy but soon gave into his deal.

"Why did I agree in doing this again?" SunHi asked after making a jump shot as Suga tighten his shoe laces.

"We made a deal." he said standing an looking at her. "You hang out with me for the day, do what ever I want and I won't make you irritated."

"You already make me irritated."

"Cute." he said sarcastically, then picked up the basketball. "Look I just want to see how you play."

"And you care about this because?"

"Can't a guy have curiosity?"

"Apparently..."

"Just play. And here's me being a gentlemen. I'll let you start with the ball first." He passed her the ball. "See I can be nice. And don't worry, I'll go easy on you."

"Cute." she mocked him but then passed it back to him. "Just start it."

The two played one on one. When SunHi had the ball, she tricked Suga into thinking she had an injury. He totally fell for it which led her to score first easily.

"Alright what was that?" he said starring at her.

"I just scored. Duh! Why? Wanna give up already?"

"No way.  I just... didn't expect you to pull off something like that."

"Think I'm just a girl now?"

Suga passed her the ball. "First to ten. No more tricks."

"Just don't underestimate me."

They continued to play. And the score was close each time. There were times where Suga was impressed or just super surprised in SunHi's ability. He just couldn't believe her. She was better then he thought. Suga was speechless even. This made him fall for her more. She won 10-9. They sat down, taking a rest under the tree that was by the basketball courts.

"So did I meet expectations?" she asked after taking a drink of water.

He had to admit, she was a baller. But just to keep his image he said, "You just got lucky." at that point he knew those were the wrong words in the wrong tone.

"Lucky? I just beat you? And it was close. I had to score 11 just because I tricked you the first time. So basically I won by two."

"Today was just a bad day for me. I'd play better but..."

Again. Wrong words. Wrong tone. Suga couldn't take it back. SunHi no longer wanted to put up with Suga's bitterness. She couldnt believe she was talking to the same boy who cared for her after she had fainted. After collecting her stuff, Suga saw her stand up and start walking away.

"Wait, SunHi I didn't mean―" 

"Did you?" she starred at him. "Can you look into my eyes and say you didn't mean it. You know, ever since I met you, you've been giving me nothing but attitude. And I just can't take it anymore. You act like you're all that but really I don't care how cool you are. I just don't. Ive had it with you and your ! All of it!"

"Then who do expect me to be?"

She tuned her back on him. "Just come talk to me when you stop being Suga."

He watched her leave him with nothing else to say. He wanted to go after her, but his feet did not move. For sure he knew he deserved a slap across the face.  Suga let out a sigh of frustration and layed down on the grass starring up at the clouds. 

"What has gotten into me?" he thought. "Why can't I say the right thing?"

There was a sudden feeling of guilt. There was also something else but he couldnt come across it. Was it love? He wasn't sure. Suga only wished he could of spend time with her. He only wanted her.