The soul that Death forgot about

In the shadows

I'm the soul that Death forgot about 

For years now I've been here. Never leaving, never moving on. I've remained here and I fear that I will never move on. For many years I just lived in the shadows, only really coming out at night.

Previous families that have lived here, they were never worth my time. Instead, I watched them; watched as they argued, wen't through good times and bad times, watched as they moved on and I was condemned to stay here. I never move on with them.

Then there came this one family, the family that live here today. At the time they moved in, it was just the husband with a wife who was heavily pregnant. To begin with, I watched them. I watched as they picked out the room for their baby, decorated it to suit the gender; a boy. I watched as they sat there in the evenings picking out potential names for their son. I watched as one night, the husband had to take his wife to the hospital; their son was coming...

 

One of the most amazing things about babies is how at the beginning of their existence, they don't really do much apart from sleep and cry

When the baby first came home, I didn't approach him for the first few days. Instead, I stayed hidden. I watched as his parents came into his room at night to put him to bed, waking up in the early hours of the morning to feed him and change him. It was there that I learnt his name; Do Kyungsoo. 

Slowly, I gathered the confidence to come out of hiding. I would make my way over to the Moses basket and find him asleep. Most nights I would just stand there watching him, fascinated by how a human so small like him could make so much noise. How he could make everyone around him aww. How he could just lie there all day and expect everyone else around him to do stuff for him. 

Other nights, I would find myself walking over to him if I heard him fidget and become restless. On stormy nights I would stand there and slowly reach out, rub circles on his stomach, hoping that my prescence would calm him down. And it worked.

 

I watched this Kyungsoo boy grow. I watched as he went from a baby who slept all day, to a toddler who slowly learnt the art of walking and running. I watched as he would lie there every night with his mum or dad as they read him a bed time story. I was there when he started school, when he lost his first tooth. I was there to comfort him whenever he had a nightmare. I was there to stop him from falling. I guess I became his guardian angel, the angel he would never really know about.

 

"Did one of you guys come into my room last night?" the now thirteen year old would ask, watching as his parents shook their heads 
"No dear, why?" his mum would ask but Kyungsoo would only shake his head and get ready for the day ahead of him. 

 

I would like to think that sometimes he could see me. He would see me out of the corner of his eyes late at night as he did his homework. He would see me in the reflection of his mirror and whip his head around, only to see that I wasn't there. 

"I swear this house is haunted" the sixteen year old Kyungsoo told his parents, causing them to laugh at his comment 
"It's true! I keep seeing someone in my room at the corner of my eye!"
"Soo, you're probably just imagining it all. It's those late nights spent up on that laptop" and the conversation is always left at that. 

 

I watched over Kyungsoo ever since he was a baby. I watched him as he slept in his Moses basket, soothing him from nightmares. I watched as he was a young child teaching himself to read so he was the best of the best when he started school. I would sit with him every night when he sat there slaving away at his homework, completing it to exact perfection worthy of the high grades he got. 

Over the seventeen year existence of his life, I have become infactuated with him. Before, all I saw was a boy who I looked over at night, watching him, protecting him. Now he is this young man with big eyes who had heart shaped lips when he smiled and medium caramel hair I so often had the temptation to run my fingers through whilst he slept. My curiosity from when he was a baby had slowly grown to affection. 

It'll never come to love. I'll never love him, no matter how much my heart craves it. What's the point in loving someone who would never know your existence? It would only hurt me even more than it does now. Some nights I'll be looking outside his bedroom window, wishing up at the stars that someone could let Kyungsoo see me. Just once. I want him to see me, to know he didn't imagine all those times that he saw me. To tell him I watched him as he grew up, I was there to comfort him during his nightmares, stopped him from falling. That I've always been there for him. 

But that would never happen

Fate's too cruel, it never gives you what you wish for... 

 

"Oh... who's this?"
"Mum, dad, this is Joonmyun" 

And all it took was for their hands to touch to realise; my job was finally over...

 

I am the soul that Death forgot about

I once had a name, a life of my own 

I once fell for a boy named Do Kyungsoo. I watched over him as he grew, I was there for him through every nightmare, stopped him from every fall. I was there to look over him, help him... love him... but that was a long time ago...

If you ever want to find me, I'm always lurking in the shadows. Many people have seen me, only for a fraction of a second though. Out of the corner of their eyes, in the reflection of their mirrors. It's never enough though; they always thought they were imagining things. 

I still come out at night, just not as often as I did previously. People have moved on, and as always I'm left behind. 

When my time was up, Death was suppose to take me with him. Free me of this world and everyone in it. Yet as usual, I'm left here. Perhaps forever I'll remain. 

 

I am the soul that Death forgot about 

I once had a name, my name is Kim Jongin, Jongin once had a life of his own

I once fell for a boy who would never know who I am his name was Do Kyungsoo

My soul lives within this house, and here it shall forever remain... 

----------

Ahhh how was that? Did you guys like it :S