One! Shot !

TIME'S UP(Sunsun Version)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"MinMin~SungMin. I know it's you." She chanted. She removed my hands that was covering her eyes then looked back at me.

Her face never changed from the last time I saw her. She still has that aegyo which makes me melt. I said in my thought.

"You're back." she added.

"Of course. As what I have promise." I replied as I occupied the space beside her. She gave me her brightest smile before she turned her gaze back to the sea. That smile never fades away.

"Why in the sea?" she asked.

"I don't know, something I regret in the past. I never get the chance to bring you here." I reached for her hand to fit it with mine.

"Hmm—so now you did." She laid her head on my shoulder. I grabbed that chance to smell her hair, leaving a soft kiss on her head. The thing I usually do. I stared at the sea for a while. I hope I get to do this in the past.

"But it will never be the same again." I said in my low soft voice. She then moved and stared at me, cupped my face forcing to look at her.

"Don't be sad or else I'll leave." Threatened, I flashed my best smile to please her.

"Handsome." She complimented while pinching my cheek hard enough.

"Ouch. That hurts." I acted, slightly patting my cheeks. She just grinned at me and stood up.

"Don't fool me, I know you don't feel anything. Come on I want to stroll somewhere." She pulled me up while I'm still massaging my cheek. She's right I don't feel any pain but playing a little won't hurt right?

"But my face really hurts." I complained with a pout.

"Stop being a baby Ming. I know you want something but that aegyo won't work at me." She stuck a tongue out and walked away. Yet I pulled her back to me and I cheekily smiled.

"But I am your baby and forever you're my girl. Please, you know how much I miss you." I pointed my cheek.

"Ani." I pouted. "Okay," My pout turned to a wide grin with her approval. She tiptoed to reach me while I waited for her to come nearer. And as her lips just an inch away I turned my head making her lips landed on mine.

"I love you baby Soon." I whispered.

I'm sorry for being a jerk in the past Sunny but I just want you to know how I love you even if it's too late.

"Yah. How dare you steal it?" she complained punching my shoulder repeatedly. I caught her hand midway then kissed it.

"So where do you want to go?" I fixed my eyes on her, mesmerized in her beauty though she was pouting.

"Stop it."

"What?" acting innocently, I never removed my gaze at her.

"Aish never mind. I want to go to the place where we first met." I nodded.

"Close your eyes and we are going there."

"But give me a piggyback ride."

"Arasseo." I sat down and she immediately hopped in.

"Kajja. Close your eyes now." She laid her head on my shoulder and I felt her nodded. 

Though I don't want to, I slowly close my eyelids, tightened my grip on her. I still want to be with you, I still want to spend time with you.

.

.

.

 

"Baby, were here! You can open your eyes. I'm still here."

 

Upon hearing her words all can I say is Thank You. I lifted my eyelids expecting to see her exceptional beauty in front of me but to my surprise I see none.

"Baby?" I turned around but she wasn't there. But I heard her, I knew she didn't left. Where is she--

"MinMing, I'm here." I looked for where the voice came from and I saw her meters away from me standing in the shade of a tree. She's jumping and waving her arms overheard. And I sighed in relief walking to her.

"You made me worried." She just smiled, that smile that never fails to flatter me even in dreams.

"You know I'll never leave you and I already prove that." she tapped the tip of my nose.

"O—kay!" I pulled her and hugged her tight. I heard her giggled and I knew that this unexpected acts of mine is what she loves the most. I broke the hugged and again stared intently at her. Her flawless beauty, when will I able to see it again.

"Are we going to stare at each other?" I shook my head. She smiled again.

"I love you. I really love you Soon-baby." I kissed her forehead.

"I love you too. Until death." There a tear escapes in my eyes, I immediately wipe it out. Why didn't I realize it too soon? How I love this girl in front of me.

"I told you, don't be sad." she pouted.

"I'm not. I'm just happy cause I get to see you here." I pinched her cheeks. Payback time. Kidding.

"HEY!" she complained. I kissed her again this time in both cheeks.

"You!"

"What?"

"Taking advantage." she stumped her feet and sat on the grass. Oh, I forgot to say where we are. It’s a hill where the whole city can be seen and when you stand on the opposite side there welcomes you a view of a mountain. A nice scenery while feeling the gentle cold breeze.

"Why do you want to go here?" I asked sitting beside her. She looked at me and patted her lap. I obediently followed. She keeps silent while my hair. We stayed in that position for a minute, me lying in her lap while we both enjoyed the scenery.

"Tell me a story." at last she broke the silence.

"What story?" I looked at her asking.

"Anything will do." And no other story entered in my mind but the best love story I ever experience.

 

"Prepare yourself. This is a tear-jerking story but it's the best story that you will ever heard." I closed my eyes and began telling my story. Our story.

 

 

"Once there was a boy..."

 

(Flashback)

 

It was summer, June 28 to be exact. Summer, there is no class and the hot weather makes everything boring. I escaped from our house, after getting rid of the maids and guards to go to a nearby hill. As 16 years old student I also needed some peace and some break time from the chaos in our house. I never wanted to be born with a golden spoon, money makes my life miserable rather than making it worth living. I settled myself under a shady tree, I intended to take a nap here. The peaceful atmosphere, the warm gentle breeze, the melodic singing of birds. This is the simple life I want to live far from the usual argument and shouting that I always wake up to. After minutes of enjoying my simple heaven, something awakens me from my rest. More of someone.

 

"Mr. Clover. Four leaf clover. Where are you? Mr. Clover." It was a voice of a girl. Too curious I fixed myself and looked who it was.

"Mr. Four leaf clover." There I saw her a meter from me kneeling in the ground, finding something. And I guess it was a clover. I moved closer to her unnoticed. That's the time I realize she was crying. Ridiculous, crying over a clover.

"Yes." What the... I was surprise with her sudden exclamation. Still I continued to observe her. She closed her eyes and mumbled something that I don't understand. What is this weird girl doing? Minutes passed but she did not moved nor opened her eyes. Did she fell asleep?

"HEY!" I shouted but there was no response. I walked near her and nudged her. No response. I did the combo.

"YOU. Wake up. Are you okay? Hey." I shouted while shaking her. That’s when she opened her eyes and looked at me. She's a total mess, with her eyes so red from crying but beyond that you can still see her cuteness

"Are you okay?" I asked out of sympathy. Then out of nowhere she hugged me making me fell down to the grass. She sobbed even harder soaking my shirt. At first I was hesitant thinking it was some kind of a joke but I got no choice but to embrace her though it was so awkward cause she is a total stranger. I can't just shoved her, it seem she's in great pain or whatever now.

"Just let it out." I consoled while patting her back. We were in that awkward position until she stopped crying and apologized to me.

 

(End of flashback)

 

"After that the girl gave her trust to the boy. She told him why she was there; that she was looking for a four leaf clover to make a wish, a wish to cure her mother. Her mother has a leukemia and been suffering in it for years. He thinks that was so foolish to believe in such belief but he respects the girl. And from there the trust turned to friendship and soon to love." I paused my story to catch some air and to remember more of our moments.

"Is the girl pretty?" she asked.

"Ani she isn't. She got chubby cheeks and lame aegyo."

"Yah!How--" I didn't let her finished.

"But she is perfect. For the boy she the cutest and kindest. She is exceptional, that's why the boy fall for her in no time. But the boy is too coward at first. He was contented by their best friend relationship. He was contented that in that way he can protect the girl. He was contented to see her smile and laugh. But fate was never been contented that when they stepped in their first year college he gained enough courage. He confessed." I continued. She was just listening attentively to my story.

 

"It was autumn that time. As he believe it is the season where everything falls cause even him fell hard enough for her. The girl was oblivious of his plan that day. He never dropped a hint nor did anyone tell her."

 

(Flashback)

 

"DongHae, is everything settled? Did you inform the teacher? How about the diner? The instruments? The--"

"Hyung. Will you calm down? Everything is in place.” he replied preparing himself. I sighed. Okay I'm so eager much, as well nervous.

"Okay, it's time. Good luck buddy." he skipped leaving me in the backstage of the theatre.

(End of flashback)

 

"His friend DongHae is a great help. He went to the room of first year business management, what his purpose was, it’s a surprise. In shocked of Hae's presence, the teacher stopped her lecture and directed her attention to him. The class was filled with mumbles and murmurs wondering what the lads going to do. But of course it's all part of the act. The girl on the other side was quietly observing. She knew Hae, from her best friends, the boy and Jessica. And he knew how he was into Jessie. Remembering that, she excitedly slapped her seatmate's shoulder. Squealing "Omg. Jessie he's going to do it. I'm so happy for you," while Jessica eyed her best friend. She maybe was too embarrassed by her best friend’s misconceptions. And—" I was cut off suddenly when she slapped my forehead.

"How did you know that? Stop making fun of me." I let out a chuckle. She is so cute acting that way. I remember how the HaeSica told me her reaction in that classroom.

"The boy told me. Stop interrupting the story; you ruined the smooth flow. And the continuation. Hae sat in the front of the class, started strumming his guitar. He sang the favorite song of the girl while the whole class also sang along including the teacher. After the song she began exclaiming how lucky her best was when DongHae handed her a flower. It was a white rose. “Someone sends me here to do that and to give this to you. He said he loves you so much." he stated. The girl can’t contain her feeling that her face flushed, a bright pinkish color. She roamed her eyes but she didn't see any suspicious or clue who was guy Hae was talking 'bout." I paused to glance at her to see how she blushed at that statement.

“Yah! You’re blushing over what my bestfriend did?” I scoffed and she defended herself by smiling.

“Just go on with story but before that can you sing that song? You let him sang it, now I want to hear it from you." And she continued brushing my hair with her hands as I sing the song.

 

♪♪ The dawn is breaking

A light shining through

You're barely waking

And I'm tangled up in you

Yeah...

I'm open, you’re closed

Where I follow you'll go

I worry I won’t see your face

 

Light up again

Even the best fall down sometime

Even the wrong words seem to rhyme

Out the doubt that fills my mind

I somehow find

You and I

Collide…♪♪

 

(Flashback)

 

I tried to peak in between the curtains when suddenly the door in the theatre open. There I saw my bestfriend and Jessica guiding a blindfolded girl.

"Hey, Jessie what kind of joke is this. I am getting nervous." she complained as they walked towards the stage.

"Relax. I know you were waiting for this long enough." Jessica responded.

 

I fixed my coat. Rub my hands. Now I'm getting nervous but at the same time excited.

In no time they've reached the stage and the two signal her to remove the blindfold. I moved to the center stage then sat in the prepared grand piano. And as she removed the piece of cloth from her eyes I started playing the keys while petals of pink rose fell casually around her.

She was stunned. I don't know if she sees my preparation as what girls want, a fairytale. But I can see the shocked expression plastered in her face and that made me even more nervous.

But I must proceed.

 

♪♪You're my peace of mind

In this crazy world.

You're everything I've tried to find,

Your love is a pearl.

You're my Mona Lisa,

You're my rainbow skies,

And my only prayer is that you realize

You'll always be beautiful in my eyes.♪♪

 

While I never missed to stare at her as I sang, she paced towards me examining every detail of the stage. The stage that turns to an artificial hill. Yes, just like the place where I first met her. With the help of Jessica we converted the background to a perfect scenery of the whole city at night. The spot light that serves as our moonlight, and the raining pink rose petals. I hope it is enough for a proposal.


♪♪The world will turn,

And the seasons will change,

And all the lesson we will learn

Will be beautiful and strange.

We'll have our fill of tears,

Our share of sighs.

And my only prayer is that you realize

You'll always be beautiful in my eyes.♪♪

 

My heart beat runs as she continue to move forward to me. I feel like a groom waiting for his bride at the altar. She smiled -- and my heart skip a beat. The smile that made me crazy over her. And I will do everything to make her mine. I know it was a cliché form of confession but I want it to be more like us. I want her to feel comfortable.

 

♪♪You will always be beautiful in my eyes.

And the passing years will show

That you will always grow

Ever more beautiful in my eyes.

When there are lines upon my face

From a lifetime of smiles, 
when the time comes to embrace

For one long last while,

We can laugh about how time really flies.

We won't say goodbye 'cause true love never dies.

You'll always be beautiful in my eyes.

You will always be beautiful in my eyes.

And the passing years will show

That you will always grow

Ever more beautiful in my eyes.

The passing years will show that you will always grow

Ever more beautiful in my eyes.♪♪

 

I stood up and faced her.  I stared intently in her eyes and she did the same. I grabbed her hands and held it tightly near my chest.

"I never get the chance or courage in the past to do this. I regretted being so slow, lucky me no one tried to get you before I do. But now I can't take it anymore. I love you." And as I snapped a collection of lights . Not a simple light but a light that talks about what I feel. 'Lee SoonKyu Will you be mine?'

"Lee Sunny SoonKyu? Will you be mine?” At last I spoke up.

 

Tears escaped from her glands at the same time a wide smile crossed her face. She maybe never expected this and she may be happy that I did this. But I still have to wait for her answer and I was too nervous.

 

"I hate you!" rather than answering she softly punched my chest. She is still crying.

"What took you so long? I almost got tired waiting for you. “She added and let out a shy laugh.

"Is that a yes?" I leaned forward and wiped her tears while asking this. And she nodded her head. Wooohoooo! I jumped with joy, literally. I ran around the stage like crazy before hugging her tight. At last the girl of my dreams is mine. And I promise to God to take care and love her forever. Only her.

 

(End of flashback)

 

"The guy kept on running like a madman in the stage. He was so happy that time. His only wish in his life has been granted and he can't contain the happiness he felt. 'Ho--'"

"'Oh my gosh. My oh my!' Was the same phrase he always muttered." She teased. I gave her a frown.

"I didn't said that." I corrected.

"Yes you did. It sounds gay but it was so cute."

"Okay, I won't disagree since you said I'm cute. But in--" She put hands covering my mouth.

"I'll need to say something." she said. "The girl told me that at first she felt so nervous. She don't know what happening. One moment she was in the classroom cheering her best friend because of a boy's act not knowing it was for her. Then she don't know how to react. Her bestfriend just grabbed her out of the classroom, blindfolded, and brought her somewhere. But most of all she didn't expect that this is the fairytale she was wanting to happen. As she removed the cover of her eyes, she never knew that a Pumpk---I mean a prince was waiting for her. He offered a song only for her. She never knew that this prince will bring her again to that same place. The place where she learned how to be happy again. She never knew that he will brought her back to their kingdom. But that happiness was not in peak not until the prince confessed his love and she tear up because of joy." she stopped. Took a breath and continue. "Thank you for ditching your class that day. Thank you for adding that kind of event in my life. I love you MinMin~SungMin."

-----------------------------------------------------------

 

(Flashback)

 

Love is something that adds spice in life. It gives thrill and new experience, happiness and surprises. But also it gives sadness and disappointment. In every fairytale, there is a witch that will test the loyalty, the faithfulness and the strength of your love. There will always be something that comes between you. But as they say in every problem there's always a solution.

 

"Oppa~ MinMin~SungMin." I turned around to see my beautiful girlfriend calling me out.

"Baby, I thought you got class?" I hugged her and kissed her temple.

"I have but I went out to see you. Are you free tonight? Uhm-- around 6? I need some help with my business proposal." she asked when I loosen the hug.

"I think I am. But before that I need to fit my suit for the graduation." I answered. Yes, I will be graduating this month. And sad to say I will be also saying goodbye to her. And I don't know how to say it. This is the problem I was talking about that soon enough we will be apart.

"Perfect. Sorry I can't accompany you there. See you tonight at my house." then she kisses me and skipped away. I just stared at her back moving away from me. I don't want to be away from her. I can't take it. I want to bring her with me but how? She still studying and my parents can't wait for another 2 years.

I did my job, after my last class I rushed to the shop and fit my suit. I can't wait to see her. I miss her.

"Good evening Sir SungMin."

"Good evening." I replied to the greeting of their housekeeper as I enter their mansion. Only her and the maids live here. Her father was in Los Angeles for their business and her mother didn't make it that day.

"Miss Sunny is in her room right now sir."

"Thank you. I'm just going there." I went upstairs and went to her room. As soon as I reached the doorstep I knocked twice but nobody answered. I knocked again but it’s the same.

"Soon-Baby?" I tried to call her out but there was no response. Maybe she

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter