Baby Don't Cry

I'll Always Be By Your Side

Changmin could finally relax down after another tiring day. He is a famous k-pop star, therefore, his schedules are hectic. Sometimes he even came home past midnight for his practice. But if it’s for the fans, then it is okay with him. He loves his fans so much.

More than his love for food? I’m not really sure. But he loves both for sure.

"I'm home!" He said as he plopped down the couch in the living room on his shared apartment. Yes, he doesn’t live in a dorm like how most idols do. He had convinced the manager to let him stay at his own apartment with someone. And that someone is not Yunho nor his parents. But, that someone is no other than, you, his girlfriend whom he loves so dearly.

You two had been together for almost a year now. You two were the best of friends since your childhood days. And although he’s 2 years older than you, you still refuse to call him oppa. Except when you desperately want something, then you’d do that along with your aegyo. You’ve never liked to do aegyo though, because you think you look hella ridiculous, but for him, it’s the cutest thing ever.

So anyway, Changmin entered your shared bedroom and saw you were sitting on your study table while being deeply immersed in whatever that was playing on your laptop. Getting curious, he walked closer, but stopped when he stepped on something. He looked down and there were so many balls of tissue scattered all around the floor.  And not to mention they were slightly damp.

Silently looking up at you again, he noticed that you were plugging in your earphone. No wonder you didn’t notice him.

He then looked at the screen of your laptop and only then he realized that you were watching Mimi drama, the one he played in. Yes, saddest drama of the century.

It was playing the part where his eyes were glistened with tears and almost cried. Your heart ached seeing him in that state. You know it was all an act, but you were just too immersed in the drama to the point that you forgot. He then heard some sniffles coming from you. He couldn’t see your face clearly since he was steps behind you and let’s not forget about how dark the room was. The source of light was only from your laptop’s screen and the nightstand lamps.

Then he heard some more sniffles, but this time he saw your tears rolling down on either side of your cheeks, staining them over and over again. He couldn’t bear seeing you cry. His heart ached so badly. Making you cry is the least thing he wanted to do yet he was doing it. He was the cause of it, right? Well, that was what he thought. I mean, he starred the drama.

He couldn’t hold it any longer.

This time, as you wiped your tears away, you felt a pair of arms wrapped securely around your waist and a head resting on the crook of your neck.

You were startled and stiffened at the sudden contact, but relaxed as you realize who it was. You knew it was Changmin. Of course, duh, who else would be there late at night if it wasn’t he himself? And aside from the fact that you live together, you just recognize his unique citrus smell too well.

“Baby, don’t cry,” He mumbled against your neck as he planted butterfly kisses here and there.

You didn’t know why but you just kept on sobbing as you continued to watch the drama. It came to the part where Changmin lighted the lighter. You just can’t bear to see him in tears like how he was in the drama.

Changmin chanting some sweet words with a soothing voice just made it even worse. Why? Because you were afraid that someday he’ll left you like how the girl in the drama left Minwoo. What would you do if he leaves you? You don’t even know if you could bear life without him, as cliché as it may sound.

“Sssh, I’m here, Jagiya.”

What will you do without him? You don’t want it to happen but you couldn’t help but wonder.

“Baby, please stop crying. I love you.”

Your train of thoughts was interrupted when you felt he gently yanked away your earphone from your ear and lifted you bridal style. You instantly wrapped your arms around his neck like your life depends on it and snuggles closer to his broad chest while sobbing against it. He could feel his shirt starting to get wet but he couldn’t care less. He then gently sat you down on the king sized bed and brought the cover to your waist level.

You cuddled with him. His arms wrapped securely around your waist and brought you closer to him, leaving no gap between you. You automatically rested your head comfortably on his chest, listening to his heartbeat, one of the things you loved to do. Because it just made you relax. Your sob finally came to a stop.

One of his hands then searched for yours and as he found it, he intertwined it with yours. They perfectly fit each other’s just like a puzzle piece, just like you two were made for each other. His other hand went to caress your silk-like hair soothingly. Sometimes his head would rest on top of yours and let him breathe in your shampoo and after shower scent.  Sometimes he would kiss your head too and hum their favorite song. 

Right now, you felt comfortable. You felt secured. You felt safe. You felt so lucky. And right now all you wanted was time to stop for a while and let them cherish this moment.

But it didn’t though. After some moment of staying still, enjoying each other’s presence, he spoke.

“Baby, I’m sorry,” He mumbles against your hair.

Sorry for what? You wanted to ask but nothing came out as the thoughts of him leaving you came back. ‘Why is he saying sorry? What if he wants to break up? What if he wants to go away from me? What if he doesn’t love me anymore? What if…he leaves me?’ The thought made you cry again. You were obviously thinking nonsense. You were being too sensitive today. Maybe because of the mood swing you were having.

“Jagi, please don’t cry again,”

His voice sounded more like a plea as he wiped the tears that stained your cheeks with his thumb. But his action made you cry even harder. You were just scared, scared of losing the one you loved the most, because you already experienced it once when you lost your beloved grandmother.

Seeing you weren’t going to stop anytime soon, he hugged you while gently rocked you back and forth and caressed your hair soothingly.

“Please don’t leave me,” he heard you mumbled against his chest in between your sob.

“Sssh, I won’t Jagi, I won’t,” he promised you.

It made you relieved as his voice relaxed you. Then why did he say sorry then? You wondered as your sob completely came to a stop. You pulled away from the hug and looked at him in the eye with your puffy and swollen ones.

“T-then, what did you apologize for?” You stuttered as you tried to read through his brown orbs.

“I’m sorry that I made you cry again, though I promised myself not to,” He said and cupped your face.

You looked down, Silly me.

“Besides, what were you thinking anyway?” He asked and gave you the sweetest smile of his.

“Y-you’re going to leave me,” you answered, still looking at your lap like it was the most interesting thing in the world.

“Hey, hey, look at me,” he called as he lifted your chin with his finger, “I promise, whatever happens between me, you, us, I would never leave you. And even if God part us away, I will still remain in your heart and so are you.” He said as he placed your hand on his chest near his heart and smiled.

You smiled and were completely relieved as you broke down into happy tears.

“Yah, why are crying again, silly?” He asked still cupping your cheeks and wiping your tears.

“Have you been eating cheese lately?” You chuckled at his cheesiness just now.

Seeing you smile again, his heart fluttered. Oh how he loves to see your smile.

“You know I love them,” He said and pinched your nose playfully. “But not as much as I love you.” He finished.

You blushed and felt your heart beating fast, faster than its normal rate. Although it was probably the millionth time he said those three words to you, you still felt it like it was the first time.

“See? What did Yunho Oppa feed you earlier? Cheese and cheese with extra cheese?” You chuckled along with him and buried your face on his broad toned chest while he was playing with the ends of your hair.

Soon, you were already in his embrace and warmly tucked under the covers. You felt sleepy as he hummed one of your favorite songs, lulling you to sleep, something he always did before going to bed. 

“I’ll always be with you and I’ll always love you, Jagiya.” You heard he said and felt his plump lips on your forehead before you completely falling into a deep slumber.

Changmin hasn’t asleep yet though. He admired your angelic face and your cheek. He noticed how swollen your eyes were. He them before planting kisses on your forehead, eyelids, cheeks, nose and lastly, his favorite spot, your pink lips.

***

 

You stirred a little in your sleep as you heard a faint noise from your alarm clock. You quietly reached for it and tapped the snooze button on the top. After hearing no sound from the alarm clock you smiled in satisfied and snuggled back to Changmin’s warm chest as you were still sleepy and a bit dizzy. 

On Saturday you have no classes and same goes with Changmin who doesn’t have any schedules as his manager had given him two days off. That means you can cuddle with him all day long as you two watch your favorite movies.

You wanted to go back to sleep but you just couldn’t. You then decided to open your eyes and be fully awakened. The first thing you saw was his bare chest and looking up at him, you saw his handsome, angelic face. He was still fast asleep and you decided not to wake him up. You then went back to his chest and draw random shapes on it, something you found fun to do. To clear things out, Changmin always sleeps without a shirt on, so they did not do any funny bussiness last night.

Feeling something ticklish on his chest, he opened his eyes only to find the most adorable sight ever. His girlfriend ever so seriously drawing shapes on his chest.

“Saranghae.” He heard you mumbled after writing ‘saranghae’ with a heart shape on his chest. You smiled at it, admiring your beautiful invisible artwork, something he found cute too.

“Good morning, Jagiya.” He greeted with his morning husky voice which made you startled.

You looked up only to find him staring lovingly at you. You grinned and greeted him back before snuggling deeper onto his warm chest.

“Yah, are you going to sleep again?”

“Yes. Why?” You mumbled against his chest.

“Don’t. We have to wake up it’s already 9.” He softly patted your head only to receive grunts from you.

“I’m still sleepy. You have no schedules and I have no classes.”  You mumbled.

“But we have to be productive today! Come on Jagi~”

“No.”

“Make me breakfast please, babe?”

“No.”

“Babe, pleaseeee~ I’m hungry.”

Even when you weren’t looking, you could easily tell he pouted.

“Make me, then.”

Not wasting any second, he tickled your sides, one of your weakness spots, and you began to laugh and squirm then squealed. Yes, you were a ticklish kind of girl, especially on your sides, stomach and neck. He held your hands with one of his hands as you were hitting him, trying to make him stop.

You finally freed your hands from his grasp. You managed to push him back and you hurriedly hopped off the bed. But unfortunately for you, he was fast enough to catch you. Blame his tall posture and long legs. You two then fell on the parquet floor with him on top of you.

“Stop!” You finally managed to say between your laughs.

While panting he started to tickle you again. But this time, a brilliant idea popped out. He pecked you on the lips, “Not,” and your nose, “until,” and your lips again, “you,” and again, “get,” and again, “up,” and again, “and,” and again, “make,” and again, “us,” and again “breakfast~” and he ended it with a kiss, a little bit longer this time. 

“Alright, alright, fine, I’ll get the breakfast ready!” You said in between your laughs.

He finally released you and pecked you on the lips before saying, “Thank you, baby~”

“Yeah yeah, whatever,” You grumpily said as you walked out the bedroom and to the kitchen.

While making the breakfast, which consist of spaghetti mushroom, you felt hands snaking around your waist from behind.

“Hmmm, it smells good babe! I bet it tastes as good!” He beamed while resting his head on your shoulder, swaying you from side to side.

“It does. Unlike a certain someone’s cookings.” You teased.

“Yeah, at least I have someone to do it for me.” He said and gave your cheek a peck.

Sometimes you get annoyed by him, but no matter what happens, you would always love him. And you know you just can’t resist him.

 

 Author's note: 

KAY DUNN.

YOU KNOW WHAT? NO? OK.

I KNOW IT’S ALL ABOUT FLUFFINESS (THOUGH IT’S A BIG FAIL) BUT I DID MY BEST. YOU KNOW WHAT, FEEL FREE TO PUKE AFTER READING THIS CRAP. PUKE RAINBOWS, FLOWERS, BUTTERFLIES AND UNICORNS (LAY). OKAY THAT’S IT FROM ME. OH! AND WHAT DO YOU THINK IF I MAKE SOME OTHER SCENARIOS BASED ON THIS COUPLE? CHANGMIN x YOU? WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK?? PLEASE LEAVE SOME COMMENTS BELOW BABIES. LUBBYA.

OH AND, SUBSCRIBE, COMMENT AND UPVOTE TOO GUYS~ THANKS FOR READING<3