Round 1

KPOP STAR
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

Yuri took a huge breath before stepping into the big building. She was met with the cool air conditioning inside and smiled.

No one proceeded to notice her. The large hall was filled with hushed murmurs, and an air of excitement covered the place. Yuri tried to walk as normally possible, and soon found a seat next to a very pretty girl.

"Is anyone sitting here?" Yuri asked cautiously.

"No, it's open. Hi," the girl said, extending her hand. "'I'm Yoona."

Yuri smiled, and relieved her leg as she took a seat next to her. "Hey! I'm Yuri."

The girls both found that they had the last call numbers, and animatedly conversed as they waited.

- - -

Boa sighed. "I'm sorry, but I think you should try next time."

Jaejoong pressed the X also. "No, you shouldn't try next time."

The girl looked up in hope, trying to decipher his ambiguous statement.

"You should never try again, because honestly, you have no talent. You'll only get disappointed."

Yunho pursed his lips, seeing the young lady about to cry. "I could tell you put in a lot of effort. Thank you for coming on."

The girl brightened a bit, seeing her favorite idol giving her an O, although she didn't make it to the next round due to the other two Xs. "Thank you!"

She ran out of the room, passing a shy smile to Yunho on her way.

Boa glanced at Yunho. "So softhearted. She was horrible."

"She wasn't going to make it anyway. Wouldn't hurt to give her one pass."

Boa laughed, before sighing deeply. "No one remotely good has come on yet."

Jaejoong put his head on his hand. 

"And you," Boa said. "Don't be so harsh. Giving yourself a bad reputation."

"Better than giving her false hope."

Before Boa could respond, another contestant went up onto the stage.

"Hi, my name is Kim Taeyeon."

The three judges looked down at her application.

Not bad, they thought.

The girl sang a passionate ballad, and after she finished, Boa punched her fist in the air.

"Finally! Someone good!"

Taeyeon smiled in relief.

"Hands down, pass!" Boa exclaimed.

Taeyeon bowed.

"Pass," Jaejoong said.

She bowed ninety degrees. "Thank you!"

"Congratulations, Taeyeon-sshi," Yunho said.

Taeyeon, grinning hugely, bowed as she left.

"At least we have one good person," Boa said.

- - -

Yuri and Yoona were deflated. They saw how the girl was crushed by the judges. In addition, every other contestant that went in came out sulking.

"The middle judge is harsh. He reminds me of Simon in American Idol," Yuri remarked with a frown.

"You mean Jaejoong-Oppa? Yeah, I guess. He's still suuuuper popular though. But I prefer Yunho-Oppa."

"The other male judge?" Yuri asked.

Yoona giggled. "Isn't he so cute? He's like why I came here!"

"Yeah," Yuri said, "but I prefer Boa-Unnie."

"You're a Boa fan?" Yoona asked.

The quiet in the hall was interrupted by loud cheering and turned their heads to see a cute girl around their age celebrating with her friends, surrounded by cameras.

"She made it," they heard envious whispers.

Both of them relaxed a bit.

- - -

"Now all the good people are coming out," Boa sighed in relief.

Yunho and Jaejoong nodded in agreement.

Their attention was caught by a beautiful

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter