The Daydreamer

The Daydreamer, The Lover, The Fighter...

 

The Daydreamer

Hongbin's Point of View:
There she was, the daydreamer.

My good lord, she was gorgeous. Her dark brown hair that was just a bit past her shoulders. Her captivating deep and dark brown orbs. Her eye smile. Her small lips that always look like they were pouting. Her tiny, but sturdy figure. Her adorable short height. Her grin and smile.

Of course her looks were just a bonus. I fell in love with her heart. It was strong and protected with her walls. It wasn't a perfect heart, that's what I found out. It had cracks, holes, and some weak parts. But that's what I also loved about her heart. It was a bit broken, and she was trying to mend back together by herself. Making it almost impossible to tear down. But impossible is just another way to say "I'm possible."

She was perfect in an imperfect way, and I wouldn't want it any other way.

She said I was strong, but in reality I am a weakling. She said I was brave, but I am scared. She said I was courageous, but really, I am coward. She said I was her hero, but when really I am my own villain. She called me her friend, but when with all due respects, I want to be more than that. She said that she cares about me, but I know she doesn't care for me like I care for her. She said she loved me, but I know she doesn't love me like I love her.

She never understood that she was the strong one. That she was brave. That she was courageous. That she was my hero.

I loved her so much, more than a friend should. But my heart couldn't help it. I hid my love away because she deserved so much better. She deserved someone brave, not a coward like me.

"HongBinnie?"

I snapped out of my own thoughts of self pity to pay attention to the beautiful girl in front of me.

"Yes, y/n?"

She giggled softly before giving her signature soft smile at me. She still kept that smile at me as she said, "You were staring at me for a long time without blinking. I know I'm gorgeous and such, but that doesn't mean you have to stare at me without blinking."

I blushed. "Mianhae, y/n."

She giggled softly once again before becoming silent once more, going back to her daydreams.

I sighed and scolded myself for not paying attention to my surroundings. I looked at her, and without myself knowing, a fond smile appeared on my face.

The sound of laughter snapped me out of thoughts and I looked around to find the source, which happened to be JaeHwan-hyung. He noticed that he caught my eye and gestured to me to come to him. I didn't want to be disrespectful, so I went to him. I opened my mouth to tell y/n, but she looked so happy and content in her daydream that I decided to leave her be.

I went to JaeHwan-hyung and he grinned at me. It honestly made me worried, but then he spoke. But what he said didn't made me worry any less.

"You like y/n."

I wasn't even a question, it was a statement. I gulped and tried to calm down my heartbeat.

"How did you know?" I whispered hoarsely.

He grinned at me and said, "Why don't you go back? I think that y/n noticed you're gone." He patted my shoulder before he whispered in my ear, "I think you should tell her." He then flashed me another grin before leaving.

Tell. . . Her?

That was the only thing that was on my mind as I turned back. That thought was still in my mind the whole day. I could feel y/n's worried glances at me, and I felt so guilty, but that thought haunted me deeply.

It was the end of school and I was getting ready to leave, still in my daze. As I approached the front gate of the school, I could hear someone call for me.

"YAH! LEE HONGBIN!"

I turned about to feel a small person hit me in my chest. I looked down and realized it was y/n.

"Yah. What's been up with you? You're turning into me now, a daydreamer," she told me, trying to look angry, but in reality looked so adorable.

Still dazed, I responded with, "What's been up with me is that I'm debating on whether or not to confess to you."

When I realized what I said, I blushed and walked away from her.

She stopped me and said, "I could finally do what I've been daydreaming to do for so long."

I furrowed my eyebrows together. What does that mean? When I opened my mouth to ask, I felt soft lips on top of my own.

It was an innocent peck, but it meant much more to me. I could feel her lips leaving mine and I frowned, but I was still in my daze.

"What was that?" I asked, stunned.

"I like you too, pabo. You were the main reason why I always daydreamed. My daydreams were always of you, even before you befriended me. My daydreams in my opinion, were always much better than my reality. But now. . . Now I think my reality is better than my daydreams," she said as she looked at the ground, playing with the little pebbles on the sidewalk.

I took in her words and grinned at her like crazy.

I brought her chin up and made her look me in the eyes. Her cheeks were tinted an adorable light pink and I couldn't stop myself from kissing her softly. I could feel the both of us smiling into the kiss.

Finally. . . The Daydreamer's mine.