1.

By Accident

Laughter filled the room where the three friends were seated.

Jieun the girl in the middle of the couch, sitting next to her best friend and her boyfriend, had hid her face into one of the large pillows that were laying next to all of them. Himchan chuckled at the way his best friend behaved because of a joke that had been told.

Himchan and Song Jieun have been friends since high school and have gone through a lot. Jieun stood by his side when he was going through a lot of bullying, Himchan stood by Jieun’s struggle in class. Jieun was there when Himchan’s parents divorced and Himchan stood by Jieuns side and comforted her when her favorite dog died. Most of all they were there for each other when the both of them had girl- or boyfriends.

Himchan was a very protective friend for Jieun when it came to her boyfriends. He never approved of the boys that had stolen her heart cause he knew none of them were worthy enough to have her. One of them had cheated her with a girl from her math class, one of them had laughed with her when she cried when her dog had died and another didn’t know anything about her. He did everything wrong or said everything wrong. Like Himchan knew Jieun liked to sing, or that she liked nice text messages in the morning or when she didn’t felt good, or that she didn’t put sugar in her coffee, and that she liked to read and rather be alone when she had a book in her hands but rage to you when something didn’t go as she wanted to. Himchan knew all of this. None of her past boyfriends did. Jieun thought the same way about his girlfriends, not that he didn’t care about the girls chasing after him. The elder Himchan became the less interest he had in the many girls around him.

His time was so occupied by Jieun he started to see her everywhere but he refused to think his brother like feelings, for the girl he had known for years had grown to more than that and still he couldn’t wondering about it at night, or when he saw her, when they talked about everything and nothing. He was always wondering if his feelings for her had grown stronger, he didn’t feel different around her, he was still the protective friend he was, still the friend who had been there for her when she was in trouble or when she was sad about something.

Sometimes he hoped Jieun felt the saw way about him like that, he hoped she would turn to him and confess so he wouldn’t be here confused and puzzled when they were together. Jieun was kinda mysterious when it came to feelings.
His hopes faded when she came to him with the usual news she finally had found her soulmate Himchan rolled his eyes but his jaw fell open as he saw who Jieun had brought into his house.

The latter that followed Jieun in, was tall and slim, well build, his lips were a bit chapped but as he stretched them into a wide smile his gums were showing, his skin was tanned and his hair was curly and messy, like he just came out of bed. His eyes were almost all the time fixed on Jieuns beautiful face and Himchan felt a stench of jealousy shooting into his tummy.

And now they were sitting here on his couch where Jieuns face was still stuffed into the large pillow she picked up and was still giggling about a joke Yongguk, her new so called soulmate, had told them. Himchan stretched his lips into a half hearted smile. Instead he eyed the elder a little longer to notice how Yongguk’s eyes, that were again fixed on Jieun’s posture, were smiling too. He could literally see the twinkles in his eyes when him staring at his angel like best friend.

Himchan felt relieved but also jealous watching Yongguk. Relieved he finally met a guy that just by looking at her his eyes were smiling.
The younger didn’t notice he was staring a little too ling than he planned till he heard the elder clearing his throat and Jieun poking his side.
“What?”, he asked confused seeing the looks on their faces.
“You were a little off.”, Jieun chuckled as she answered,” Ah I was? I’m sorry.”, he replied and stood up suddenly making the two guests looking at him a little stunned.
“I’m going to get some to drink. You want some too?”, he asked the two lovebirds.
“Water.”
“Cola.”, they both answered simultaneously making Jieun giggle as they looked each other in the eyes. Yongguk wrapped a strong arm around the girl’s waist. Himchan felt a cold chill running down his spine and his jaw clench so he quickly left the room.

I don’t think your friend likes me.”, he heard Yongguk whispering in Jieun’s ear as he slowly walked to the kitchen, connected to the living room.
he heard the leather of the couch creaking, noticing Himchan Jieun was sitting up straight, heaving out a loud gasp,” Nonsense Gukkie. Channie likes everyone.”, she answered before silence filled the room.

When Himchan came back into the living room with the drinks his guests had ordered he avoided any eye contact with the both of them. He gave Jieun her water and ended with Yongguk offering his glass of coke. He could feel his eyes pierce on his head, and as Yongguk’s fingers slipped around the glass they touched Himchan’s, just a millisecond. That millisecond was enough to shoot an electric and warm feeling through Himchan’s entire body. His head shot up making his eyes meet Yongguk’s.

What was happening? This is not something he had felt before.
Why is he feeling like this now? He didn’t feel this way with the girls he had fooled around, nor had he felt this way with or around Jieun.
And here is Yongguk. A man per se, touching his hand making him feel like he was walking on clouds.

The feeling ended too early as Jieun asked attention from her boyfriend and the next thing Himchan felt was that he was falling deeper and deeper the more he watched Jieun and Yongguk happily together.

He understood from where the jealousy feelings came from. He started to understand them all too well. Himchan desperately wanted to have someone looking at him like the way Yongguk did with Jieun.

Preferably by Yongguk, what was something that would never happen.

A soft sigh escaped his lips as he averted his eyes from the young couple, sitting far away from them. Himchan wasn’t that cruel. Himchan always wanted to see Jieun, his best friend, happy  and she was that with the man who touched his heart by accident.

---

short but strong.

Bye :c