Like Devotion

Like Devotion

 

 

 

If you must have a passionate desire to want to own something or someone, you’re the only person who is going to make happen. But if you want it bad enough, you will make it happen, eventually. You can, own imagination too, once you have mentally possessed it and put it to action. Love makes ease. People make it hard when they don’t try to comprehend the emotion itself. It was supposed to tie people—families together and not drift apart. There has to be love somewhere in everything which strongly clutches your interest. It’s so imperative, without it, motivation and inspiration cannot survive. Yifan’s attitude towards Yixing was kind of like, ‘don’t add fuel to the fire’ type. That’s precisely what it was. There is renowned burning inside of Yifan and the reason was Yixing, absentmindedly the young man was destroying him in every way possible. Yifan does not mind because he is masochist. 

 

His beauty, his music, talent, his natural tendencies were driving insane, breaking him down in to pieces. Yixing was greatly irreplaceable. Yixing’s smirk or frown was the light of Yifan’s eyes. His little things, it’s what he needs to live. Whatever Yifan feels when he looks at Yixing, is better than just the feeling of ownership and desperation. Yixing’s was the energy he has to cling to.

 

To Yifan, Yixing was his inspiration and everything above and in between. Yixing was the one who will drive him to insanity, yet is the one that keeps him stable.

 

Yifan is a dance choreographer, but Yixing knows more about dance than he does. Yifan finds it incredible. But Yixing is music teacher, and writer. If Yixing chooses to be talented at something he only needs to think how he wants to get better at it, to possess that talent. If Yifan has Yixing figured out, but by only twenty percent. He knows for sure, everything comes easy for Yixing, because he carries love and respect for everything.  His values are blatantly obvious, causing Yifan to fall, madly in love.

 

Yixing and Yifan do not make some relationship. There is soul, fuel, a taste and scent. It wants to leave a mark everywhere and anything it touches. Symbolically their hearts see each other as an object of worship.

 

There was a time when neither was too mindful of each other. They did not care who they dated and what they did. That was until possession came and took place of subtle feelings. It was when they’d tried dating; it was all about a right and ownership they felt towards each other. Frustratingly enough, Yifan will do alien things to get Yixing to look at him.  He’d do silly things to get to listen to Yixing voice. Even when he is complaining and totally ignoring him, he found it pleasantly satisfying. At least, that’s how it started. If it wasn’t for him being a gentle human being, Yixing would have punched him in the face.

 

But Yifan wasn’t being the naughty kind of flirty. That was another reason Yixing endures him. The older was making a point, wanting to get a message across, which Yifan will never do with anyone else.

 

Yixing gradually got used to it, and he thought Yifan was cute and sweet as hell.

 

“They are beautiful but... flowers, really? Do I look like a girl to you now?” Yixing frowned hiding his amusement. “Are you going to get me vanilla scented candles next time?”  Yixing almost laughed.

 

Yifan will at least smile with him if he wasn’t kind of pissed off right now. His face fell. “Are you really making fun of me?” He asked rhetorically. “Actually, no I was going to get you video games and fluffy little unicorns.” He said in high pitched sarcasm.

 

Yixing beams and flicks Yifan’s nose. “That’s flattering but I don’t like it when anyone is trying too hard to make me happy.”

 

“That’s not what I’m doing. I’m giving you a hint.”

 

“I already got the hint.”

 

And Yifan gives him a questioning look.

 

“Look Yifan, it’s very simple; do you want to date me?” Yixing said pausing a little after each word.

 

Yifan’s stops breathing and his face glows, eyes curious he asks, “What?”

 

“What? That’s what you should be asking me, so I can say yes, so we can get on with whatever this is.” Yixing mumbled.

 

“Wait, hold on, it was that easy?” Yifan asked in disbelief.

 

“Yes. Well, technically no because I wasn’t going to give vibes of being interested in you. But if you asked, I wouldn’t exactly turn you down.” Yixing said tracing his fingers lightly on Yifan’s cheek.

 

Yifan face brightened with adoration. “That’s cheeky and.. insensitive; I’m dying here because of you.”

 

“Then don’t die.” Yixing said snickering.

 

“I meant that metaphorically—wait, but what about all that stuff I bought you, did you by any chance throw it in the trash?” Yifan said leaning away from Yixing. He was annoyed with Yixing’s aloofness; it irked him that he was being casual and funny about this.

 

“Of course I didn’t!” Yixing defended himself. “And who asked you to spend money on me anyway?” Yixing argued.

 

“Hey, will you take it somewhere else. I’m trying to do something here.” Jongdae shouted from the living room.

 

“Jongdae, trying to watch TV doesn’t require any effort especially when your head cannot be anymore inside the TV.” Yixing responded.

 

Jongdae snorts and presses the remote increasing the volume. 

 

“Jongdae!” Yixing shouted shutting the door with a loud click.

 

Yifan rolled his eyes.  “Why is your brother not in school?”

 

“I dont know, probably because he has something due today and he hasn’t completed it.” He said. Yifan nodded.

 

“Now you leave my house, until you figure out that you want to ask me out or not.” Yixing said.  Yifan’s eyes widen and mouth nearly drops. But Yixing doesn’t budge.

 

“You are not serious.” He waited but seeing the unwavering look on Yixing’s face he knows he's wrong. Feisty.

 

Yifan was at the door and he didn’t want to leave though. This might take up all his strength because the thought of distancing himself from Yixing was agony. Yixing was leaning at the door way, arms crossed. For some reason he was finding this kind of hilarious. He totally had the control in their… relationship, whatever it was at the moment.

 

Catching him completely off guard, Yifan turned around and pecked the younger on his lips. Yixing blinked because he didn’t understand when it happened. “Go out with me then?”  Yifan winked their lips very close to each other. Yixing smiled, toothless, eyes containing warmth he nodding once, giving him his answer.

 

Yifan’s feels comfortable to do silly things to get a response from Yixing because the younger is never arrogant and uptight, only nonchalantly teasing. If it was anyone else, they might come off as considering themselves special that the handsome and popular Wu Yifan was chasing them. Yixing will feel ordinary, no matter whom, even if royalty or angels requesting his company. Which was a huge reason Yifan felt incredibly drawn to him in the first place; Yixing will always remain oblivious to the fact, that he is better than special.

 

Yifan only wants to remind Yixing every day that his existence is the most amazing thing happened. 

 

-

 

“You’re darn y because you are very intelligent, cute and friendly, but still fierce and stand up for yourself and other people.” Yifan told him one day.

 

“Why do you say random things like that, I almost dropped my ice lolly.” Yixing says chuckling. “Liar, I’m not anywhere near y, Yifan.”

 

Yifan pulled him by the waist. “You are shrewd smart. That’s y enough.”

 

Yixing frowned a little, uncomfortable and held his gaze for the longest time. “I love you, but you know compliments don’t work with me.”

 

“But you deserve them.” He said touching Yixing’s soft bangs and playing with some of the hair.

 

Yixing went closer to Yifan and brushed his cold finger on his warm lips. “You do too.” Yixing responded burying his face in Yifan’s chest. Yifan held him too tight. But it was also very right. It was perfect. Yixing’s body was small, delicate and he gave off some buttery delicious scent. “I'm so in love with you, Yixing.” He whispered, causing Yixing's heart to beat faster, tightening his grip on him.

 

“Your eyes are always twinkling little stars; it’s heart-breaking.” Yifan said looking intently in the orbs he was devoted to.

 

“There is fire in your own, so ardent.”  Yixing said, one thing he always noticed when Yifan looks at him is passion that renders him silent and which tears him apart.

 

“You’re the fuel to that fire.” The older replied.

 

"That sounds destructive. I thought I was water that extinguishes. The longing in every word you say, it’s spoiling me.  I feel like I’m inside a fictional story.” Yixing said knowing that Yifan loves to get a reaction out of him, so he says these things purposely. Yifan is fervent in loving and effective in whispering sweet things that it made something move inside Yixing. He was falling more than he should.

 

“You are like definition of fiction; you are beautiful to the point that it’s unreal.” Yifan said in a low serious tone like he was making an significant point. Yixing just rested his hand on Yifan’s neck. 

 

“I wish I can borrow your eyes to see myself.” Yixing replied eyes fixed on Yifan’s lips.

 

Yifan smiles briefly before he closes eyes and leans in at the same time Yixing does, so their lips meet in a breath taking kiss.

 

Yixing is only the little bit of life that remains inside Yifan. Yixing is like the freshness of flowers, and bright colours of petals. Yixing touches the strings of his heart, and creates harmony the way he does with music. He laughs to light up everything around him. When Yifan asks himself the question, what is Yixing to you? The same response reaches to him, every single time; Yixing is everything. Because Yifan is far gone, and lost in love. He knows what he needs for the rest of his life, is Yixing.

 

 

 

 


AN:  i felt something about this was a little ambiguous but i think i liked that haha :)

this was so annoying to edit. and not a good idea to edit on aff but i always end up doing last minute changes instead of doing it on word. i'll have to edit again bc some words are supposed to be in italics. ugh ramblings. i quit.