Of Course.

Synchronize {Done—for now.}

*This chapter will be in Hongbin's POV*

"Will you be ordering anything else today, sir?"

"Umm, no."

"That'll be $3.99, please."

Hongbin handed the overly cheery cashier his money and went to stand in line with all the other mindless drones picking up their morning coffee. That was one thing he had noticed about America, almost everyone seemed depressed, looking like they thought their lives were wasting away (they probably were). Well, that's definitely not the mindset Hongbin had. No sir, he always managed to find a bright side to any situation (note the sarcasm). 

Hongbin had gone through sone sort of fight with his mother to let him stay in Korea. But no, he had to go to some prestigious American college so his mother could brag to her old lady friends about her "genius son who was at Brown University". So now he was living like all the other American drones, going through his morning ritual (everyone has one, apparently) and going to school, taking notes on uninteresting subjects and studying them 'till he couldn't feel his mind the next morning.

Then there had been the struggle of learning English. Ugh, his mother was such a nag about it, forcing him to learn everything he could possibly learn about it in a month. According to his only friend, another Korean named Hyelim (she preferred Lim), his accent was almost non-existent now. Still, it had been troublesome.

Hongbin was at Brown U for Literary Studies. He was a junior, 20 years old. He, as fore mentioned, has one friend, Lim, who is friends with almost everyone on campus. Her best friends, though, were either Chinese or Korean. They included Jia, Fei, Min, Suzy, Yubin, Yeeun, Sunye, Sunmi, Sohee, and Hyuna. Because she was friends with so many people, Hongbin was often invited to their parties. He only actually liked Yubin and Hyuna, though. They were the only ones who he allowed to see his naturally flamboyant personality (that was one perk about America, no one cared that he was flaming gay). 

After he picked up his mediocre latte (the guy had pronounced his name wrong AGAIN—I mean how hard is it, just Hong-Bin. That's it), he went over to his usual spot right in front of the Men's Wearhouse store. The models in the window had changed since the last time he saw them. These guys were even more hot than the last ones. As he was staring at one of the models (a blonde one with green eyes and a killer jawline), he felt his phone vibrate in his pocket.

"That's odd," he thought, "Lim doesn't get up this early."

He thought it was even more odd when it was an unknown number calling him.

"Hello?" Hongbin said as he answered the call.

He almost screamed as a sharp voice started speaking in rapid Korean, jolting out of his seat and gaining judging looks from passerby.

He cut the voice off mid sentence, saying in Korean, "Could you please talk a little slower? I'm not used to hearing Korean."

"SURE. ANYTHING. IS. THIS. SLOW. ENOUGH?"

Hongbin rolled his eyes, saying, "Okay, just talk."

"Well hello, Lee Hongbin, I'm Cha Hakyeon, world-renowned photographer." The voice now identified as Hakyeon said in a smug voice.

"I'm calling because I got a call from a certain Woo Hyelim that you are indeed extremely handsome," Hongbin was quite surprised at this man's bluntness, "And I'm doing a photoshoot. I would prefer to use Korean models for this one—God, those anorexic Colombian girls are so annoying—And I'd like you to be one of my models."

Hongbin sat there gaping. "That little—" he thought.

"Umm, so you're just asking me to model for you without even seeing my face?"

"Yup. I trust this girl's judgment. She's like, my fourth cousin or something. And when I started asking around for handsome Korean guys with abs, she was like, the first to call in." Hakyeon said in a gossipy tone.

Hongbin sat there in shock. What the hell was even happening?

"So, you gonna do it or not?" 

Hongbin did scream this time when Lim sat down next to him and said, "Do it, man."

"You know what, fine."

Maybe he'd at least meet some hot guys with abs.

 

Sigh.


ㅇ•ㅇ•ㅁ•ㅇ

It turned out that the photoshoot was underwater.

And everyone was .

Completely .

The one female there—Hongbin sort of remembers her name, was it Jinah?—looked so uncomfortable. She was stark standing in a big group of also stark men with extremely developed abs. No wonder.

Well, Hongbin was right along with her. Good thing he had practice at hiding his...umm...PROBLEMS...from living in the homophobic community of Korea. 

There was one guy in particular, though, that caught Hongbin's eye. "Wait a minute, he's Korean," Hongbin thought, "And that means he most likely won't be gay."

He sighed out loud.

"I know. , right?"

Hongbin almost screamed AGAIN when another guy popped up next to him, staring at this guy that looked really cold and mean—Taekwoon, Hongbin remembers, wait, didn't he prefer Leo or something stupid like that?—and looking as if he were about to cry.

"Why do they have to be Korean? Even if they were like, almost any other Asian nationality—well, now that I think about it, really only if they were Japanese—they'd still be available. Ugh."

Hongbin thinks he's found a partner in crime, a real friend (who wasn't Lim? Get out!) to talk to.

"Sanghyuk." The boy said before Hongbin could even ask his name.

"Hongbin." Hongbin sighed.

"Well, let's be friends, Hongbin." Sanghyuk said. "Oh, and that guy you were looking at is pretty hot too."

"I know, right? Did you remember his name?"

"Yeah. Jungsok or something like that. Wait, no, Jongsuk! That's what it was!" Sanghyuk screamed the last part, making Jongsuk turn his head to look at them.

"...Umm, sorry!" Sanghyuk rushed before winking and running towards the scary guy.

Hongbin gulped as Jongsuk walked over to him, hand outstretched. While Hongbin was looking down at said hand, he noticed something in the general direction of the hand. Something extremely large.

"Hey, I guess you already know I'm Jongsuk. Your name?"

"Uh-Hongbin." He replied nervously.

"Well, Uh Hongbin, nice to meet you. Don't think I've ever heard the surname 'Uh' before!"

"N-No, my surname's Lee."

"Really? Mine too! Hashtag Twinning!" Wait, did he really just say hashtag twinning? What?!

And then Jongsuk was gone.

Cha Hakyeon chose to present himself at that moment, saying in a voice he thought Hongbin couldn't hear, "Wow, he is hot. He's got abs, too."

Hongbin groaned, then went off in search of Sanghyuk.

ㅇ•ㅇ•ㅁ•ㅇ
 
Hakyeon paired all of his models up for the underwater photoshoot.

And I'll bet you can guess who Hongbin got paired up with.

Yup.

"Now you two, I want you in like, some weird messed-up fetal position! Like, curled up together, though! Wait, so would that be like Siamese twins? Oh whatever, just do what I tell you!"

Of course he does.

ㅇ•ㅇ•ㅁ•ㅇ

"Hey, you wanna go get coffee or something?" Jongsuk said to Hongbin after they finished shooting.

Hongbin felt hope rise in his chest and swell.

"Umm, sure. I'd love to."

Hongbin swears he could feel Jongsuk's heart beating, and it was in sync with his.

AN: OH MY GOD I FINALLY PUT IT UP! Now this is definitely not complete. I may come back later on and finish it, but right now this is all you're getting. I just really want to continue with my other stuff, and I finally know what I'm doing with my hellovenus fic (if you're a fan, check it out! It's called The Alice Blue) so ummm yeah

And now I'm obsessed with infinite so anticipate a hosoo fic cuz hosoo is amazing.

Mikey 마익기~♥