The New Girl

Love At Lost (HIATUS)

Baekhyun reached over, slapping Chen upside the head to get his attention. He had been trying to sleep throughout the teacher’s lecture, but Baekhyun was too bored to let him go. “Yah, Chenah, don’t leave me out! Talk to me,” he whined, lacing his own hands together and leaning close to the boy.

“Alright, Baekhyunah! Just stop getting too close,” Jongdae laughed as he pushed his friend’s face away, staring ahead at the board and feeling confused with the numbers and letters together.

“Did you hear? There’s a new girl.” Chen and Baekhyun overheard the two students in front of them talk, and they moved forward to eavesdrop on their conversation.

“Yeah! I saw her earlier today. Wow, she’s a beauty, alright. She seems pretty quiet, though,” the two whispered amongst themselves, finally seeing that Chen and Baekhyun were snooping.

Chen glanced over at Baekhyun, knowing that his first instinct was to find this girl. He knew his best friend had a thing for pretty girls, and he was aware that he was going to be dragged along as well. “Yes, we’ll go find her during lunch,” Jongdae said as if reading his mind. The other boy grinned as he winked at his friend.

“Gomawo. What do you think she’s like?” Chen shrugged his shoulders, completely apathetic about the whole situation. “If she’s a beauty her personality shouldn’t matter all that much, right?”

"You're a pig," Jongdae teased before resting his head on the desk, realizing that now was the perfect time to sleep since Baekhyun was too focused on thinking about the new girl.

~~~

Ah high school hallways were always the best place to be. Not. Chen and Baekhyun were pushing their way through the crowd, yelling at every underclassmen that blocked the entrance to other buildings. "This is why I hate high school," muttered Baekhyun as he roughly shoved a guy aside. "Everyone seems to think they own the place and just cover up the halls as they please."

Chen glanced over at him, raising an eyebrow. "Are you sure that's the only reason why you hate high school."

"Well, there's a lot, but this is probably high up on my list." Jongdae chuckled slightly as his eyes scanned the halls, looking for an unfamiliar face that could probably be the new girl people were so psyched about. It's a wonder why everyone is looking forward to this girl, but it's rare for their high school to even get transfer students. Not that the place was great, it's just why transfer here when there were better options?

"I'm going to pee," Baekhyun blurted as he left his friend to stand out in the halls completely dumbfounded with his sudden disappearance. Chen swayed back and forth, staring down at his books and humming to himself. He and his best friend had an apt for singing, but it was a secret that the two only knew.

"Ah, I know that song!" He jumped at someone unexpectedly speaking to him which forced him to shut his lips. He looked beside him to find a girl staring, smiling slightly towards him. She was half a head shorter than her and quite slim. She wore a white loose top that was tucked inside her beige skirt, which was rather short and exposing much of her legs. Her hair was a golden brown and rather tousled, hanging down to her hips as she tilted her head to the side. "Can you hear me?"

"You're the new girl," Jongdae managed to say as he was somewhat caught off guard with her appearances. People weren't kidding when they said she was a beauty.

"Ne. It's quite embarrassing for me when I'm the number one topic of the school. People won't leave me alone, and I can hear them whispering gossip about me. But that's okay because at least this way, I'll be able to find real friends, the ones who never talked smack in the first place," she said with a wide grin on her face. "I'm Lina, by the way. Song Lina. "

"I'm Kim Jongdae, but people sometimes call me Chen. It probably has something to do with my Chinese looks, though I can assure you, I'm not Chinese." She leaned close to him, which caused him to back up a little and blush.

"I don't see it. You look Korean to me." She glanced down the hall, noticing that it was clearer than before. "I should get going. I have to find my other classes. It was nice meeting you, Jongdaeyah. Hopefully we have a class together." Lina waved as she quickly walked off, right in time for Baekhyun to come out of the bathroom.

"Ah, it turns out I had morning diarrhea. Is that weird?"

"It's weird that you would even mention it, Baekhyun," Jongdae chuckled as he spoke, his eyes never leaving at the girl as she was slowly disappearing. "Yah, I met her," he finally brought it up as the two were walking to class.

"What!? You met to new girl? How was she?"

"Cute."

"That's it? That's all you can say about the girl, that she's cute? Why didn't you call me when she was here!? Ahh, I really wanted to meet her, too!"

Chen looked towards the boy from the corner of his eyes as he thought more about that girl. "She's more than I expected her to be. They said she was quiet, but I don't know. She intiated the conversation between us."

"Wait, so you two talked? Like, an actual one on one conversation?"

Jongdae was confused at this point. "Baekhyun, what other form of talking is there?" He shrugged before pressuring him to go on. "Well for starters, beautiful isn't the right word to describe her, and I don't even know what is. All I know is that she's way out our leagues. She hopes to have a class together."

"Chenah, you have no idea how jealous I am of you. I want to see this girl so badly now! It's like I'm the only one in the entire student body who hasn't even seen the girl!"He practically yelled at the top of his lungs, and Chen had to cover his mouth to keep him from screaming anymore.

"Shut up! You're attracting too much attention. Jeez."

The two boys walked into class, and Chen had to stop for a second to focus his attention on a certain, now familiar girl. "Well, her prayers were definitely answered," he whispered to Baekhyun, gesturing to her with his lips.

"That's her?" Jongdae nodded his head, and his best friend was already ahead of him to take his seat beside her.

Lina watched the boy who now occupied the seat beside her, completely unfazed with his sudden appearance. "Annyeonghasseyo! I'm Baekhyun!"

At first she studied him, trying to see if there was any hint of mocking or judgement in his tone. At a new school with everyone suddenly gossiping about you, it was only natural for someone to become cynical. Her eyes then settled on someone else, someone that she quickly became comfortable around. "Ah, Chenah!" She grabbed his wrist, pulling him to the seat in front of her as she smiled. "Look, we have a class together. This must be your friend, then? The one you were waiting for at the bathroom?"

She turned towards him, shaking his hand and smiling. "Annyeong! Sorry it took me a while to reply. I wasn't sure whether you were one of those kids over there. That boy with the black hair, he came up to me, and I thought he was going to greet me, but he only complimented my legs and saying that I should show more." She blushed, not out of his compliment, but of anger and humiliation.

"Anniyo, I'm not like that," Baekhyun quickly defended himself, holding his hand out with a genuine, gentle smile on his lips. "I was actually looking forward to meet you."

Lina took a hold of his hand with a small laugh then directing her attention to Chen. "I can't believe it. Now I finally have someone to talk to during class. This whole day has been incredibly boring since all I heard were negative comments about me, but now I have you two. Um, you will be my friends, right?" She quietly asked the latter question as her eyes shifted between the two. Baekhyun, without hesitation, agreed with her and was quick to accept being friends. Chen, on the other hand, was too busy watching her before he finally accepted it. "Jinjayo?"

"Heck yeah! I mean, wouldn't it be fun? The three of us? To be honest, I'm quite tired of just hanging out with this Chinese boy over here," Baekhyun teased.

"Shut up, Baekhyun," Jongdae growled as he kicked his shin, receiving a yelp from the boy.

Baekhyun wrapped an arm around Lina's shoulder, who was hesitant to feel comfortable but decided to ignore it. "We'll be best friends, the three of us."

Chen glanced at the two, feeling something at the pit of his something as if a warning of some sort, but it was best to ignore it and go along. "The three of us? I could hardly stand you, Baekhyun, now I have to deal with another girl?" He chuckled a little before turning his attention back to the board, leaving Lina to stare at his back. His shoulders were large, as expected of a teenage boy, and she liked the sight of it.

Baekhyun noticed the way she had been looking at Jongdae, and he was quick to steal her attention. "Yah, Linayah."

"Ne?"

"Let's skip class later and get ice cream." He winked at her, not giving her enough time to protest as he pretended to focus on the lecture.

~~~

"Baekhyunah, should we be doing this?" Lina's hands were held tightly against Baekhyun's as he snuck her out of the school and to the streets where they made a run for it to avoid any attraction from the school guards.

"No one will know, and I doubt Chen would rat on us. What's your favorite flavor?"

She tapped her chin as the first flavor that popped to her mind slipped out of her lips. Baekhyun watched her, pulling her close and moving to stand on the side closest to the streets. She watched as he was acting like such a gentleman, opening doors, pulling out her chair, and paying for her ice cream. "You must be very friendly to all the girls," Lina took note as she placed a scoop of ice cream in .

"Not really. Chen is better with the ladies than I am." Baekhyun watched as she took another bite of her ice cream.

"If you're good, then he must be amazing," she mused, smiling to herself as she imagined how Chen would be.

"I wouldn't know. He's never had a girlfriend." The boy reached over as he swiped the leftover ice cream on her lips, sticking his finger in his mouth and having a playful smirk on his lips.

"You two are best friends? How long have you known each other?"

"Oh, forever ago. I forgot how we met, but all I remember is that there's not a day where I wasn't with Chen. He and I could be brothers, but I think our relationship is much closer than biological brothers could ever be." His smirk turned to a sweet smile as he spoke of his best friend. "Chen's different from other guys. He's not a tool, and he doesn't use girls for appearance sake. He's hard as a rock at first, but once you get past all that, he'll be open to you about anything."

"Wah, I'm jealous," she whispered as she watched him. "You must love him."

"I would pick Chen over anything. Ah, we should get going. Class is about to start, and if seonsaengnim catches us late, we'll have to stand in the back and hold textbooks above our heads." Baekhyun didn't hesitate to grab her wrist nor did she pull away. She simply let him lead her back, enjoying herself having spent time with him. For once in her whole life, she was looking forward to going to school to be able to see those two boys.

 

 

--

How was the first chapter? Did it go by too fast? I feel like it did, but it's not like their dating or in love with each other, right? Sort of an infatuation? Idk. Haha.

Comment if there's anything wrong with this or if I need to add/remove things!!

Enjoy!! (: