Forever

The Fifth Movement

download?mid=2_0_0_1_167266_AHHsw0MAACVc

December 17th 2012 

"Miss! Miss what's your name? Miss can you tell me your name?"
"Are you in pain?"
"Someone call for help!" 
Seulki had fainted in the middle of the of a crowded department store.
Her head was pounding and blood was dripping down from her ear. The people surrounding her had tried to sit her up. The color was draining from her face. 

Her vision blurred, and . 

December 21st 2012

Taehyung hadn't seen Seulki since the day she left him. 
He got a text, saying that she had something come up and that she had to leave for a while, she didn't know when she would be back. 

That didn't stop him from worrying about her. 

December 25th 2013

"Hello?"
"Seulki? Hey. How are you? Where are you?" 
"I'm coming back soon. Are you doing anything on your birthday?"

Ah his birthday, he thought she didn't know, he was wrong. Jimin and her had created a plan together to surprise him. 

"Maybe hang out with Jimin."
"Can I join you?"
"Of course you can. I'd really like that." 
"Great. I have to go now, until then Taehyunggie." 

December 27th 2012

The doctor came into her room as the nurse had began to stand her up to leave. It was time for her to have another CAT scan. 

"Hold on just a minute nurse, I have to talk with the patient." 
"What did you find out doctor? Is it back?" She avoided eye contact and her voice shook. 
"I'm sorry Miss Seulki. It appears it's back." 
"Can we beat it this time too?" Her eyes swelled with tears. 
"We don't know yet, we'll be able to determine after this scan. Although, I'm terribly sorry to say, I wouldn't make any long term plans."
She nodded and tears fell, the nurse came back in and she was wheeled off. 

December 29th 2012 

Seulki was packing a bag to go over to Taehyung's. She packed for 5 days, though she only had intention of staying for 3 nights. 

Jimin should be on his way to pick her up by now. She checked her phone but there was no messages from him yet.

She aimlessly walked around her apartment and found herself in front if a mirror. 

The reflection don't show her present self, but her past self. The girl in the reflection was 15, her hair was thin, it had fallen out, her body was thin, her skin was pale and her smile was weak. She was tired, she was sick, and she was scared. Suddenly, the girl's posture had straitened. Her hair was full and long, she grew into the present Seulki. 

The Seulki that wasn't scared, that was strong. The girl that wore tights with Totoro on them under a white dress and grey cardigan. The girl that wore black heels with a bow on them because she wanted to feel chic. The girl that was in love with one Kim Taehyung.

"I'm gonna get through this. I will not be defeated by-" 
Beep Beep. 
Her doorbell rang. 
"I will beat this." She said to the girl in the mirror and nodded. 

It was 7pm now and Jimin had snuck Seulki into Taehyungs apartment to get it ready. Jimin had planned a surprise party and invited a few more friends of theirs. Seulki was suppose to get the place ready with Jimin's brother. The decorations were simple, stickers of the number 18, balloons, some cleverly placed streamers and a cake. 

The guest list was not very long, due to the boys having a small group of friends, but they were some names she didn't know that were from school. A few girls were coming, mostly Jimin's friends though, apparently Taehyung was shy around girls. 

"Noona." Jiyoung, jimins younger brother, said suddenly. 
"Yes?" 
"Do you like Hyung?" 
"Taehyung? Well, uhh, yes. He and I have gotten very close and I started liking him. Why?"
"He likes you too. He told us he was going to ask you out when you came back. Expect it." 
"Oh, did he really?" She blushed. 
"But he's probably going to be awkward about it." 
"Awkward?" 
"You'll see." He chuckled. 

It was 830 pm now. Jiyoung was playing video games and waiting for people. They were coming over after Jimin and Taehyung were scheduled to get there. 

She was upstairs wandering around. She went to the spare room where he had books on shelves. Some were poetry others were mystery novels. She didn't expect him to read poetry. She moved to his room where his bed wasn't made, so she made it. 

"Knock knock" Taehyung said as he tapped on the door and stood in the doorway, smirking at her. 
"Hey." She smiled. 
He signaled her to follow him as he went to his room. 
She was only a few seconds behind him but he must have walked rather quickly because he was already in his room. 
"What should I wear? Pick one out for me." He smiled and pointed to his dresser and closet. 
"Hmmm. Handsome? y? Playboy?" She teased as she sorted through his shirts.

She picked a button up long sleeve shirt with a blue plaid pattern around the collar. He smiled as he turned around and took his shirt off. She became sort of nervous so she too turned around and placed her forehead on the wall. She heard him chuckle. 

"You can turn around now." He was buttoning up the shirt, coming towards her. His hands left the shirt, leaving two buttons ed, placing his hands in both sides of her body, entrapping her between the wall and his body. He smirked. 

"Park Seulki."
"Kim Taehyung." She blinked and stared at the buttons as she slowly finished to button them. 
She finished the top button and her gaze fluttered up to his. He leans closer on one side of her face. 
"Will you be my girlfriend?" He whispers, then returns to the little space there was between them. 
"Y-yes." She turned her heard ever so slightly and their nose touched, and stayed touching. 

She saw him smile as he pressed his lips gently on hers. 

This kiss lasted all of about 5 seconds before Jimin knocked and entered the room suddenly.

Neither of them moved, only their lips parted. They're eyes locked on each other. 

"Hey come down now lovebirds, cake time." He said as he chuckled and closed the door behind him.

"Come on." Taehyung smiled as he grabbed her hand and lead her out of the room. 

---- rewind.  

"Knock knock" Taehyung said as he tapped on the door and stood in the doorway, smiling at her.  

She had fallen asleep on his bed, so he woke her up. He was going to change his shirt for the party. She sat up to face him, but when he took off his shirt she face planted into the comforters. He snickered and put on a white and blue plaid button up shirt. 

"What are you doing up here?" He asked as he sat on the bed in front of her.
"I was waiting for you. But I guess I fell asleep." She had become tired these days, she got exhausted easier. 
"Ahh. Well let's go downstairs." He smiled and took her hand. 

"Happy Birthday our Taehyung~! Happy Birthday to you!" He smiled for the pictures and stood awkwardly. Half expecting Jimin to shove his have in the cake and half not expecting it. Seulki was smiling at him and he was smiling back, she walked towards him at the time Jimin was taking out the Polaroid camera. 

Seulki stood in front of him and was congratulating him and suddenly a thought came to mind. He grinned and leaned a little closer to her. 

Jimin waited for whatever was about to happen, the camera ready. 

Taehyung took a chunk of the frosting in his finger and stuck it on her nose. 
Flash!
Jimin had captured this moment in secret. All the other flashes of cameras have concealed his. The photo printed and he put it aside, to bring out later tonight.  

The party was ending, friends had come and gone, danced and sang, not many were staying for the midnight ring. Seulki, Jimin, a girl named Haneul, Jiyoung, and his friend James, stayed for the midnight passing of Taehyung's birthday.  

Haneul and Jimin were in the kitchen preparing another mini cake to throw at Taehyung. Jiyoung and James were playing video games dominating the couch. Seulki was upstairs setting up her side of Taehyung's bed. He told her to sleep in there because Jimin and Haneul would be in the other room. He said not to ask. 

"Is he going to ask her tonight?" Haneul asked has she put icing on the throw cake. 
"He doesn't know how. He might wait. He might just go for it, I don't know." 
"Maybe tomorrow? New Years kiss?" She implied. 
"Ah, I'll be jealous of him then." 
"Why?! You like her too?!" She whispered angrily. 
"No, I like my girlfriend." He smiled at her. 
"Girlfriend?" Her heart fell. 
"Want to see her?" He didn't wait for her answer, he took her directly to the kitchen and stood her in front of the microwave, which you could see your reflection. 
"Haneul, meet my girlfriend." He smiled. 
She blushed at the sight of her own reflection. 

"Are they dating?" Seulki asked Taehyung as she took out her clothes. 
"What time is it?"
"1030 pm." 
"Yeah they're probably dating by now." He laughed. 
"Are you sure about this?" She pointed at the drawer. He decided this would be the way to ask her. He wouldn't get the courage to say it in person but he could write it out and stand there. 
"Yeah go for it." He leaned against the wall and held his breath. 
She opened the draw expecting it to be empty like he said, but there was a note. She put the small pile in the drawer and picked up the note with her name on it, opening it. 

S e u l k i,
Will you be  m y  pretty woman?
Will you be  m y  girlfriend?

- Kim Taehyung
(Turn Around) 

She turned around and saw him holding a shirt with her name on it. Identical to the one she had 'borrowed' with his name on it. 
Park Seulki. 96. 
"Yes." She smiled and he embraced her in a hug. "Is this mine?" She touched the baseball tee and admired it. 
"No!" He scoffed, "You took mine, now it's yours. I have to have one for you, too. Put yours on." 
They laughed and she nodded. Escaping to the bathroom so she could change she put on black sweats and the shirt she had admittedly stole from him. She looked in the reflection to see the back and revealed the huge grin and pink spots on her face.
Kim Taehyung. 95. 

She got back to the room where she found him putting the rest of her clothes in the drawer. She sat on a chair and quietly waited.
"You're gonna stay for a few days, right?" He smiled.
She nodded. 
"Right then. We should plan tomorrow. What should we do?" 

11:59 pm.
Everyone stood on the balcony waiting to scream and yell in celebration of Taehyung's birthday. 

December 30th 2012
12:00 am. 
"Happy Birthday!!!" 
Little streamers were thrown and sparklers were lite. Taehyung fed Jimin and Seulki a piece of the cake before it was thrown around. 

3:30 am. 
"Can you get another blanket? It's cold." Seulki asked Taehyung before she slunk under the covers. 
He was a little bit confused. It wasn't cold at all. she was wearing sweats, thick socks, and a long sleeve shirt. But she was cold. He of course complied and put another blanket on the bed but, he was confused.

It was while he watched her get in bed that he noticed a change in her. Not a good change or a bad change, to his knowledge it was just a change. She still smiled brightly but the rays were slightly dimmer. She continued laughing but there was an ominous ending. Her eyes still glowed, but there was pain in them. Her cheeks got thinner, so did her hair. Her hair was usually full and slightly waved, but right now it was a bit dull, and straight to the bone. 

Was she sick again? 

4:07 am.

She was still awake. 
She lay on her side facing Taehyung , her leg covering half of him. He held her hand on his chest even through his sleep. 

She felt like she was being eaten away. She was scared and she was happy, she was a walking, breathing, living, yet dead girl. She sighed and began to feel the pain in her chest that was devouring her. The pain if knowledge. She knew, but Taehyung didn't, and it was swallowing her into despair. 

She didn't know if Taehyung was asleep already, though she guessed he was. 

"Taehyung-ah. I have to tell you something.. I don't know how to say this without being sad.. Taehyung, I'm dying..."
She sighed as tears fell from her eyes. Swallowing her sobs she continued. 
"I have brain cancer, I went into remission 2 years ago. It's seems though that it's returned and well, this time it's worse. I can't recover this time. No surgery, no medicine, no anything can heal me now." 

More tears streamed down her face as her voice begins to shake. 

"But I promise that until the day I'm gone, I promise I will stay by your side. I know- I know I can't be with your forever. But I want to, I want to stay with you so badly. Forever and always." 

She held tighter onto his hand. She didn't know if he had waken up. She didn't know if he had heard her. Her heart felt less dampened after she had spoken. 

Taehyung fidgeted and pulled her onto his body and rubbed her back, her grip still right on his other hand. Still not sure if he was awake or asleep, she decided it didn't matter at that moment.
At that moment she had him and he had her. He was all she needed to feel normal, to forget, to forget that she was dying.