My Ultimate Wish

What You Wish For

Eunhyuk rushed into class, slamming the door shut behind him just as the bell rang. Sighing in relief, he slid into his chair and pulled out his notebook, or what his English teacher liked to call, his wish book.

“You were almost late again Hyuk. Be more careful next time.” His best friend and seat mate, Cho Kyuhyun, warned him.

“You already know why, you idiot.”

The dark haired male smiled heartlessly. “Was your stalker going at it again?”

“You have no idea.” Eunhyuk shook his short red hair. “He didn’t just show up at the front of the school this morning. He showed up at my house!”

Kyuhyun’s jaw dropped. “No way! What did your brother do? I bet he was pissed!”

Eunhyuk shuddered as he remembered how mad his brother had been. Kim Heechul, his adopted older brother, was known for his hot temper. He was extremely protective over his younger brother, which was why Eunhyuk had been single since the day he was born. “You don’t even wanna know Kyuhyun. He pulled a gun out, from no where!”

“He shot a kid?”

“Shhh,” Eunhyuk quieted his friend when he realized that everyone was throwing them weird glances. “No, he didn’t shoot him, he doesn’t wanna go to jail!”

His friend scooted closer, placing his psp in his desk. “Well, what happened?”

“He thought that the kid was my boyfriend so he just threatened him. After that, he went back inside.” Eunhyuk shook his head, flipping through his notebook and lowering his voice when he saw the teacher walk in. “He stalked me all the way to school and would have followed me to class had I not lost him in the hallways.”

“Poor Hyuk,” Kyuhyun cooed, “you’re being stalked by that weird kid.”

“Whaddaya mean kid? He’s older than you.”

“Not mentally.” The genius put in as he also pulled out his notebook. “Someone should get that kid some hel- Oh hyuk, duck! He just walked in!”

Eunhyuk pretended to be looking in his bag as the dreaded sounds of footsteps drew nearer. Please don’t talk to me, please don’t talk to me, please don’t talk to m-

“Hi Eunhyuk.”

my life. Eunhyuk glanced into the warm brown eyes, shining brightly in front of him. Eunhyuk cleared his voice, trying to ignore the snickers coming from his best friend. “H-hi Donghae.”

The brown haired kid grinned, not caring if the whole class, including the teacher, was watching him interact with the school’s most popular student. “Um, w-would you be interested in c-coming with me to m-my house tonight?”

“Why?” Kyuhyun asked with a smirk before Eunhyuk could reject the kid. “He’s too popular for you, kid. He’s too good for you. Why the hell do you keep stalking him?”

Donghae’s face flushed red. “I-I’m not stalking him! I was just making sure he was alright.”

“He was until you started following him everyday of the week.” Kyuhyun snorted, sliding back in his chair and pulling out his game console. “Just do us all a favor and get lost.”

With another blush, Donghae ran to his seat, which just happened to be behind Eunhyuk. The red haired kid was lost in his thoughts until the teacher called him up to read his entry in his wish book.

Eunhyuk walked to the front of the class, getting everyone’s attention as he flipped open his book.

I wish I had someone who loved me more than life. Who sacrificed anything for my happiness. Who became my hero whenever I needed him. Would be willing to live with me, and not without me. Who would be will to die for my love.

The class broke out into applause. Eunhyuk smiled around the classroom, but it dropped when he saw that Donghae was the only one who wasn’t clapping. What’s his problem?

 

XXXXXXX

The rain poured down on the group of people, all dressed in black and hanging their heads. At the front, the pastor said a prayer before walking away, leaving the people to their grief.

Eunhyuk walked to the front, dropping a red rose on the newly dug grave. He dragged his fingers across the engraving, tears falling faster than the rain.

Lee Donghae. 16 years old. Died for his love.

“Eunhyuk, I’m sorry.”

The red head shook his head, refusing to accept the apology from his best friend. “It’s my fault. I should have been nicer to him and none of this would have happened.”

“Eunhyuk, he said he died for your love. That’s why he jumped off the school roof. He wanted to show you how much he loved you. He fulfilled your wish.”

“I’m sorry Donghae!” Eunhyuk cried out to the sky. “I’m sorry for rejecting you! I didn’t really want you to die! It was a mistake! Please, come back!”

Heechul put a hand on his crying brother’s shoulder. “Just be more careful what you wish for next time, Hyukkie. It just might come true again.”

XXXXXX

Hi guys! This is my first one shot and I thought it’d be fitting if I wrote it on Hyuk’s birthday! I love you so much my monkey! I hope your birthday is a good one.

And I’m sorry for making an angst as my first oneshot, especially on a happy day, but I couldn’t help myself. Please leave comments!

Saranghae~

Emma ^_^