Traditional Chinese Clothing

Pretty 'N' Punk | A Fashion Gallery

China is one of the world's oldest civilizations and is a country with a rich culture and history. It has the largest population in of all the nations of the world, being home to 1.35 billion people. The capital is Beijing, and it excercises jurisdiction over 22 provinces, 5 autonomous regions, 4 direct-controlled municipalities, and 2 mostly self-governing special administrative regions (Hong Kong and Macau). The PRC also claims that Taiwan is the 23rd province, although this is controversial.

*The majority of the clothing included in this chapter is Hanfu.


 

Source

 

 

 

(Qinghuige Hanfu 2014 Spring collection)

Source

 

 

 

(Hanfu, literally "Han Clothing")

Source

 

 

 

A typical set of Hanfu can consist of two or three layers. The first layer of clothing is mostly the zhongyi (中衣) which is typically the inner garment much like a Western T-shirt and pants. The next layer is the main layer of clothing which is mostly closed at the front. There can be an optional third layer which is often an overcoat called a zhaoshan which is open at the front. More complicated sets of Hanfu can have many more layers.

Source

 

 

 

Source

 

 

 

(from "Princess of Lan Ling")

(For some reason I was unable to get the source to load)

 

 

 

(Source contained some inappropriate images)

 


That's it for tonight!

from,

Juliette