Open the door

Open the door

Jaebum chewed on his pencil as he shifted between staring through the window beside his desk and the younger boy three rows in front of him. He knew that he should be taking notes or at least listening on what the teacher was saying but he couldn’t find the interest or will to do so. Instead he found himself staring at the younger boy instead. He liked the younger boy, obviously, love him even, he’d realized that almost a year ago but hadn’t really coped with it until two months ago. Love was blind he guessed sometimes, the others always told him that the younger was ugly or that he could do better, but to him he was perfect. It may sound cheesy but it’s true and Jaebum wouldn’t change it if he could. Some days Jaebum could swear that he saw the other look at him too but then turn away with a faint blush, or maybe it just was his imagination. The sad part of this one sided love was that he didn’t even know his name. Of course he’d tried to find out but everyone he asked had just shrugged it off. He’d tried to ask the younger boy personally but he always ran away or disappeared before Jaebum could reach him. But today he was set on getting to know the younger’s name, so when the bell rung signalling lunch break he stayed back a little excusing himself from the others. He already knew that the other didn’t eat lunch in the cafeteria like the others so he followed him. When the younger stopped to sit down by a table in the garden were almost no one ever went he gathered his courage and sat down across of him. The younger boy looked up at him obviously shocked over that he’d gotten company.

“Mind if I sit here?” Jaebum asked and the other shook his head slowly.

“Great!” he said and pulled put his lunchbox and began to eat while trying to ignore the stare.

“I’m Im Jaebum, what’s your name?”

“Ch… Choi Youngjae,” he stuttered and broke the stare. They ate silence for a few minutes. Jaebum felt both happy and contented as he finally had gotten to know the younger’s name and know he was eating lunch with him.

“Why are you here?” Youngjae snapped confused.

“You see when a man and a women love each other-“

“NO! I didn’t mean it like that! Why are you here, eating lunch with me?”

“Do you not want me here?” Jaebum asked faking a sad expression at the same time as he was hiding a smirk.

“N-no, that’s not it either… I… I mean you’re very popular and have a lot of cool and good looking friends and people to hang out with. And I’m… I’m just… me, I’m not cool or good looking or popular,” Youngjae said and looked down on his hands determined to not get eye-contact with Jaebum.

“Hmm… It’s true…. You’re not popular and perhaps you’re not cool but you’re definitely good looking. Who told you that you’re not good looking?” he asked the last part seriously but he had to admit he had grown to like teasing him. However, Youngjae kept quiet at the question and looked away. That alarmed Jaebum; he stood up and slammed his hands down on the table to get the younger to look at him. Youngjae looked up at him with scared eyes. Realising his harsh movements he smiled gently and sat down beside Youngjae instead. He held the younger’s chin gently and tilted it to make Youngjae look him in the eyes.

“Are you being bullied?” Youngjae’s wide terrified eyes confirmed that he was but before he got to answer the younger had grabbed his stuff and ran away.

~ The day after ~

Jaebum had arrived earlier than Youngjae to school and therefore he was swarmed with classmates until the lesson started. When the lunch bell rung he quickly packed his backpack and turned around just in time to see Youngjae leave. Jaebum excused himself and rushed out from the classroom.

“Youngjae-ah! Wait for me!” he shouted and Youngjae turned around looking surprised.

“You’re going to sit with me again?” he asked surprised when Jaebum finally caught up and they walked together.

“You don’t want me to?” Jaebum asked pretending to be sad even though he really wanted to smile.

“It’s just… no one has before…” Youngjae said slightly awed.

“So I’m your first friend?” Jaebum asked surprised, he knew that the younger wasn’t popular but he’d expected him to have some friends. Youngjae nodded and they sat down at the same table as yesterday.

“Hmm… I intend to be more of your firsts,” Jaebum said bluntly and Youngjae dropped the food he was about to eat.

“W-what?” he asked not knowing if he’d heard what Jaebum said or if he was imagining things. Jaebum only smiled as answer but Youngjae blushed anyways.

“What are you going to major in, in University?” Jaebum asked instead and Youngjae smiled.

“Music, I really want to become a singer. What are you planning to major in?”

“Music and acting. Who knows, maybe we’ll end up in the same University.”

“You still want to be friends after high school?” Youngjae asked with wide eyes.

“Of course I want to, didn’t I already make that clear?” Youngjae was about to answer Jaebum when they noticed the presence of a girl by the table.

“Yeeun noona? What brings you here?” Jaebum asked the girl with a slight glare that the girl obviously didn’t notice.

“Why are you sitting with that loser?”

“What did you just call him?” Jaebum asked menacing and stood up towering over the girl, she’d gotten nervous now and obviously wanted to run away but at the same time she wanted to finish her business there. So… maybe he was a tad overprotective over Youngjae.

“I… Isn’t it true though?”

“No. He’s a lot, but definitely not a loser,” Jaebum said in a tone that asked her to get the out of there before he hurt her.

“But…”

“Go now or I won’t stop myself,” Jaebum warned and the girl ran away.

“Youngjae, please promise to tell me if someone is mean to you, alright?” Jaebum asked and looked expectantly at Youngjae who nodded.

“Say it.”

“I promise to tell you if someone is being mean to me,” Youngjae promised and Jaebum smiled satisfied. “Thank you,” Youngjae said with a small blush.

“What did you say?” Jaebum asked as if he hadn’t heard Youngjae’s thank you, he couldn’t hide the smile this time.

“Yah! I know you heard me,” the younger said and pouted.

“Aigoo, you’re so cute!” Jaebum gushed and Youngjae ignored him and ate his lunch to not let Jaebum see his blush.

“Jaebum-sshi?” Youngjae asked and Jaebum swallowed his food.

“Just call me hyung.”

“Jaebum hyung?”

“Yes, Youngjae?”

“Would you want to meet up this weekend?” Youngjae asked nervously.

“Of course I do. Do you have anything specific in mind?” Jaebum asked and Youngjae shook his head.

“Then… Have you been in Hongdae at a Saturday night?”

“No?”

“Then I’ll pick you up at 5 o’clock so that we can eat dinner together first, how about that?”

“Sounds great hyung,” Youngjae said and smiled so that his face crinkled adorably.

“It’s a date then,” Jaebum said smiling and Youngjae looked shocked at him.

“D…date?”

“Mmhmm.”

“Is it really a date?”

“If you want too… I mean… I don’t want to force you or anything,” Jaebum said suddenly feeling nervous. “We could go as friends if you want.” Jaebum said as he didn’t want to lose this newly found friendship.

“N…no I’d like that,” Youngjae said with a shy smile.

“What?”

“I’d like to go on a date with you,” Youngjae confessed bringing out a huge smile from Jaebum.

~2 years later~

Youngjae sat by their ordinary table in the University’s cafeteria, he was waiting for Jaebum to finish his lesson and join them at the lunch table. Yes, them, in University he met Mark the exchange student from California and Jinyoung from Busan, Jaebum had met Jackson from Hong Kong and Bambam from Thailand. Mark and Jackson are dating as well as Youngjae and Jaebum so it only felt natural for the two groups to join forces as Jackson expressed it. Bambam brought his crush Yugyeom to the group and it was complete. Sometimes Jinyoung’s boyfriend Jinwoon would join them but that didn’t happen often.

“Yah! Youngjae wake up! The main character of your chest daydreams has entered the cafeteria!” Jackson exclaimed and Mark his arm rather hard.

“Yah! Haven’t I told you not to do that! You’re embarrassing him!” Mark scolded him and Jackson just smiled.

“You love me anyways,” Jackson said with a cheesy grin and pecked Mark on his lips.

“Keep down the PDA will ya!” Jaebum scolded them when he sat down beside Youngjae.

“We still have an innocent minded person here,” he continued with a nod against Yugyeom whose eyes were being covered by Jinyoung’s hand. Jaebum put an arm around Youngjae’s waist and pecked his cheek.

“Hypocrite,” Jackson murmured.

“Umma, I think you can remove your hand now,” Bambam said and Jinyoung hesitated before removing his hand from Yugyeom’s eyes. Youngjae smiled he was truly happy now, life was perfect as long as he had these guys by his side. If he could he’d live his life like this forever, or at least with these six. Jaebum especially, Youngjae thought and gave Jaebum a kiss on the cheek as a thank you.

A/N: whoop! finally done ^^  there should be more 2jae stories out there.... Please do comment ^^