Final.

Say I Love You

A/N : First half was Key's POV. It will turn to Onew's :)

 

 

 

 

 

 

We're here in the Philippines for a performance for K-Pop Republic. We just finished performing 2 songs and we were given 5 minutes to catch our breath and interact with fans. And as the most fluent member in English, it was my job to explain the absence of Minho.

 

 

"Sorry Minho isn't here. You know he has a busy schedule and everything." I explained. Some of the fans replied 'gwaenchanha' and I sighed in relief. Thankfully, they understood Minho's situation with his schedules right now. I turned to the other members and thought that I shouldn't do all the talking. "Say something." I said.

 

 

Onew then took a step forward, faced me and said words that I didn't think he would say in public. Is it really towards me or is my mind making assumptions?

 

 

"I Love You." He said in a melodic voice, making my heart beat fast. I'm so gonna mess up some of the choreography, I thought as we made our way to our positions, getting ready for the next song.
 

 

 


 


 

"I know it's hard but we will come back with 5 members. See you later."

 

 

We bid our goodbye before we performed Why So Serious, which is the last song of the setlist. But I still couldn't forget his stare and his voice while saying those 3 magical words. Why did he have to do this?

 

 

Walking past my EXO-K hoobaes and concert staffs, I excused myself and quickly dashed to the comfort room. I better pull myself together or else someone may notice something is up.

 

 

No one has to know that Lee Jinki has this effect on me, Kim Kibum.


 


 

 

 

I looked around the waiting room and dressing room but there are no signs of Kibum. It has been 15 minutes after we left the stage and as soon as we finished performing, he just disappeared. I mentally cursed myself. What kind of boyfriend am I if I didn't know where Kibum went?

 

 

I saw Taemin sitting in the lounge, typing in his phone with his lovesick puppy by his side. And I had no choice but to approach them for help.

 

 

"Taemin-ah! Did you see Kibum?" I asked in a worried tone.

 

Taemin looked up from his phone, staring at me with his I-know-you-did-something eyes. "Joonmyeon hyung told me Umma went to the comfort room when got off stage. I bet he's still there right now."

 

I was about to go to the comfort room when Taemin stopped me. "Did you do something, appa?" His tone became dangerous. He's always like this especially when it's Key we're talking about. Over-protective son.

 

But thankfully, Jonghyun is there to save me from trouble. "Kibum is having one of those denial stage again. You should've seen his face when hyung said I Love You onstage. He gulped nervously and trust me when I told you he mentally panicked."

 

I must've been gaping like a goldfish when Taemin focused on me once again. "Oh come on. Don't act like you don't know your effect on Umma. And you Jagi! You seem to be paying attention on Umma instead of me." He pouted.

 

I was about to say something when Jonghyun cut me off. "Uhmm, Hyung? Aren't you suppose to be finding Kibum right now?"

 

"Oh right! Well, see you later." I left the two in the room, in hopes of finding my love where he might be.

 

 

I soon arrived in front of the comfort room. But before I could open the door and come in, I heard Kibum's voice whispering something and the sound of the water from the faucet. I opened the door a bit, just enough to clearly hear his whispers.

 

 

"Oh come on, Kibum. This was for hundredth time. That 3 words are for the fans, not yours! Pull. Yourself. Together." He said, emphasizing on the three last words. I raised an eyebrow in confusion. Is this really about what I said earlier?

 

"How can you be like a girl, Kibum? It was just an I love you for godsake! It wasn't like he said it for the first time." I tried to contain my laughter, but the scene I just witnessed made me too happy hence blowing up my cover.

 

"Jinki?"

 

"Hi baby. I've been looking for you. Why are you here?" I asked, making my way towards him and engulfing him in a hug.

 

"To wash my face, obviously. And keep your hands off, Yeonggam. This is a public comfort room. Anyone can walk in anytime." He struggled to escape from my arms, but I wasn't gonna have any of this.

 

"Care to tell why are you whispering to yourself?" I nuzzled my face to the crook of his neck, one of the things I love doing the most. "If some stranger walked in on you, they might've thought that SHINee's Key is out of his mind, whispering or talking to himself."

 

"Yah! I am not out of my mind. I was just thinking about...you know, about things." He sounded so unsure and by then, I knew I caught him.

 

"I love you." I once again repeated the words that started it all. "This is about earlier, right?"

 

"No! There's just a lot of things going through my mind."

 

"You know I said those words for you, right? Just for you."

 

He pouted and I couldn't help but face him and kiss those lips. The kiss lingered for a few seconds before he pulled away with a blush on his cheeks. "Lee Jinki! Are you crazy?" He playfully hit my shoulders. It surprisingly hurt. For real.

 

I ignored the pain and hugged him once again. "Yes. Crazy for you."

 

 

He blushed once again, if it was possible and hugged me back. He mumbled words that only I could decipher. And I invited him to go back to the lounge before Manager Hyung skin us alive for disappearing together— not like we're doing something inappropriate.

 

 

I love you hyung, he says. I guess I was the luckiest guy in the world to have someone like Kim Kibum here in my arms.

 

 

 

 

A/N : Told you this is very short. 1019 words of useless stuff.