Final

Patience, Silence and Duct Tape

Kim Jongdae was a very patient man.

 He knows when to wait for his turn in line; he allows the elderly to go first.

He also knows when it’s time for him to speak.

He waits politely for the shower to be completely available, before taking his own turn.

He allows his hyungs to eat first because he knows that they were a lot more tired than he was.

Heck, he even feeds Jongin’s dog before eating himself.

 

If you don’t call that patience, you must be an angel.

 

 

 

The thread of Jongdae’s composure ran quite a considerable distance actually; most of the time anyway.

 

 

 

 

 

But recently, someone has started to unravel his thread, annoying him endlessly with silly requests and demands that make him think as to how this man was able to conjure up these ideas.

 

Oh Sehun was a very mysterious twenty-year-old being after all.

He had a physique of a man, but a maturity of a 5 year old.

(Or I’m just bitter because he’s taller than me…. Nope, that’s probably not it)

 

 

 

‘Hyung~ Go with me to buy stuff toys. They’re limited edition! I could finally buy a friend for Pinku Pinku!’

‘Hyung~ Bake me a cake! I’m craving for blueberry cheesecake!’

‘Hyung~ Cuddle with me tonight! I’m lonely by myself in my room. Luhan-hyung and Minseok-hyung are going out to play soccer~’

 

Some examples of his endless whines.

 

It was cute at first, but then as time passed by, I slowly began to get irritated.

Sure it was pleasing to see him following me like a pupp-what, no- adorable, but it was also quite frustrating when you’re already stressed with work to be done and you just had to be bothered at the wrong time.

 

 

At times when I just wanna rest and sleep, he suddenly appears and drags me out of my oh-so-beloved bed which is just as fluffy as Minseok-hyung’s cheeks. (Which is by the way, the fluffiest I’ve touched) Then he proceeds to tell me what had happen to him today.

Funny, because I was beside him the whole day. I don’t think he noticed that he kept pulling me along the corridors and the room, the brat.

 

But today, Sehun was especially clingy and annoying.

Unfortunately, I was in no mood to attend to the needs of this brat because I have to practice a special performance for the upcoming radio broadcast I was about to go to.

 

 

TOMORROW

 

 

 

“Hyung` Let’s go out for bubble tea! I’ve been wanting some~”

I shook my head in despair. “I can’t Sehun, I still have practice with Luhan-hyung, Baekhyun, and D.O. later.”

“But hyung! You’re supposed to take care of the youngest right?”

“But that doesn’t mean that you’re supposed to have just me to take care of you! Ask somebody else”

“NO!”

“YES!”

“NO!”

“YES”

“NO”

“YE-wait!”

We stopped shouting at each other and just stared.

 

“This is getting us nowhere… Sehun, I’ll be honest with you. I’m kind of growing tired of you clinging to me every minute of the day. I’m already beside you most of the time that I can’t even talk to the other members without you dragging me away! What do you want from me?”

“Your attention” Sehun’s face suddenly became serious… As if the mentality of the 5 year old didn’t even exist.

I felt the blood rush up my cheeks, reddening them.

“M-m-my attention? Why would you want that? You have Suho-hyung, Luha-“

“It’s not the same!”

“How is it not the same? We… we’re all the same anyway”

“I’m just tired, okay! I’m tired of always seeing you with Minseok-hyung or with Lay-hyung or Baekhyun-hyung or Chanyeol-hyung or with D.O-hyung or with Jongin or Tao or Luhan-hyung or Suho-hyung or Kris-hyung!”

I suppressed the urge to roll my eyes, “Sehun, you do realize that you just enumerated the whole group, right?”

“Exactly! I just want you for myself… You’re always with others, that you don’t seem to look at me anymore… Hyung, I-I-I like you… Why can you see that?”

My eyes softened at his words. I walked towards him and engulfed him in a warm, tight hug.

“Did you want me for yourself?” I gazed at him sincerely.

“Mmm”

“Then you can have me. I promise to always be by your side. Always.”

“But… what if the time for you to go to China comes?” I saw his eyes tear up.

“We can always Skype, you know? It won’t be the same but at least we can still see each other!”

“Yeah” I rubbed the tears away from his eyes and pecked his nose.

 

 

 

 

 

 

After that, we cuddled until evening on the couch, just appreciating the rarity of silence in the dorm, since the other members were out.

 

“By the way, Sehun,…”

“Yes, hyung?”

“I didn’t think you were the type to cling for attention. I thought of you as the more silent-always-there for-you type.”

“Luhan-hyung told me it was effective”

 

 

 

 

 

 

What

 

 

 

 

 

 

Luhan-hyung was involved?

“And… you listen to him?” my eyes narrowed.

My now-boyfriend just covered his face by placing his head on my neck.

I sighed. “Well, all that matters is that we’re together”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

That night, I couldn’t sleep well.

 

It wasn’t because I couldn’t believe that Sehun, finally confessed to me.

 

It was because I heard the sound of cash shuffling-and was that Chanyeol crying?

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Short Epilogue

“Mmmfftttt”

“What was that Luhan-hyung?”

“Mmmmmfffffffftttttttt”

“You want me to take off the duct tape? Let me think…..how about …… No?”

I saw Luhan-hyung’s sparkling eyes widened.

Oh yeah

Revenge was sweet

“Now you know that you shouldn’t bet on other people’s love life.”

I walked towards the door of the vacant room and twisted the door knob open,

“But I have to be thankful for you, for giving Sehun the guts to confess to me.”

“Mfffffftt”

I went out the door and slowly closed the door.

“Enjoy your punishment hyung~”

 

Kim Jongdae was a patient man, we know.

But when that patience runs out, he becomes a man of silence.

He even had a quote for it.

“Silence is golden, duct tape is silver”

 

Cue maniacal laugh

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So yeah....

word vomit. ugh

hope you at least enjoyed 

 

~SnowySpring