o1

Berry Goot

                "Mom? I landed," you yawned into the phone before remembering that you were in Korea. You would be looked at differently, their expectations were different here. You quickly shut your mouth before patting your cheek tiredly.

               "No, my translator picked me up. She found me first, thank goodness, so I didn't have much trouble finding my way. I'm in a taxi right now, we're heading straight to the pre-recording," you explained before laying your head back on the seat, exhausted from jet lag.

                "Mom I'll call you later, we're approaching the building," you quickly said. "Bye, love you."

                You exhaled loudly, keeping yourself from saying anything, reminding yourself that there was now a person who would be able to understand any snarky remarks from you such as why you couldn't go to the hotel first or get something to eat. But you probably would have had a sick stomach from eating right after an 11 hour plane ride.

               

                "We're here," your translator smiled before leading you inside. You gaped as you followed after her, your suitcase rolling nosily against the cement ground.

                The glass building had to be at least fifty stories high, but what you were wondering about most was why in the world they needed those many floors to start with. But what did you know; they probably had more reasons than you could ever think of. It was the entertainment industry you were talking about.

                Your translator quickly signed you in before taking you to the fifth level, leading you to a small break room.

                "The other workers assigned to help you will be arriving in a few minutes. While you wait you can use the bathroom which is down the hallway on the right at the end of the hallway. There are also snacks on the table so feel free to snack before recording. There are outlets throughout the room so you can use them whenever you need. Our only request is please don't wander off without letting a staff member know where you're going and please don’t open any windows in this room. Do you have any questions?" She quickly explained before pressing a button on her mic set.

                "Um..no, thank you," you replied before smiling politely.

                "I'll be back with the rest of the crew in a few minutes," she said before rushing out.

                You stared at the empty door space before wondering out loud, "Isn't my translator supposed to stay with me in case of an emergency?"

                You shrugged, happy that you had been able to convince your parents for a teacher. You weren't as helpless as some people thought you were, in fact you'd probably get further than most of them thought by yourself.

                Your stomach suddenly growled, startling you. Remembering that you hadn't eaten anything since the last sandwich you had on the plane, you glanced at the table, spotting little appetizers.

                "Just a bit wouldn't hurt," you smiled before hopping towards the table. "But I can't eat too much, I don't want to throw up while recording," you gasped at the thought before shaking your head, "oh my god that's horrible."

                "Just stop being stupid and eat something," you grumbled to yourself before spotting a familiar purple juice box from the other foreign drinks.

                "Yes, berry juice," you smiled before opening it, taking a quick refreshing sip.

                "Hey, hey, hey. Get her to the make-up room and get her dressed up!" A staff member suddenly shouted from the doorway startling you so bad you dropped the juicebox.

                "Let's go, go, go," your translator was suddenly back at your side, pushing you through the doorway towards another room full of extremely bright lights and other celebrities. You couldn't believe your eyes as you walked past them all, forcing yourself to calm down. You managed to control you face expression just as you walked past BTS, catching Suga's stare in the reflection of the mirror before you were pushed to the other end of the room.

                They hastily, but professionally, applied your make-up before asking you what hairstyle would be most convenient for your performance.

                "I'm going to be wearing a hat so would it be possible to do a curly side braid? Something feminine but would look poppy with my hip-hop outfit," you quickly explained as your stylist combed your hair thoroughly.

                "Yes, that'll work," they nodded before getting to work.

                Truth was, you didn't need to have your hair styled at all but you've always wanted to have a feminine hairstyle like that while dancing. But also knowing the industry, they'd want you to style it and if you didn't pick they'd probably pick something bizarre. There was no way you were going to give them a chance to make you wear your hair in any weird up-do.

                Your hair was finished faster than you thought and that's when you realized you hadn't even put on your outfit yet. You mentally face palmed yourself. That was the most important and unprofessional thing you could have done all day. You're always supposed to get dressed and then do the hair and make-up after, if not, everything gets ruined!

                "I still need to put on my outfit," you whispered hesitantly before looking up to at your stylist.

                He grimaced before leading you towards a dressing room, opening the door.

                "Everyone makes mistakes, just do your best to not smear your make-up on the clothes or get your hair too tangled," he said nervously before shutting the door.

                You sighed feeling a bit better, knowing that the blame wasn't entirely your fault, seeing from the way he had suddenly become extremely fidgety.

                You automatically flung off your jeans for a pair of black skinnies before carefully putting on the black camisole. After that was the open sided sleeveless shirt with SWG written in large golden block letters on the front and three small x's on the top of the back side. You quickly strung the three gold and silver necklaces around your neck before fixing your hair. You grabbed the black and golden snapback as you hopped into your shoes before placing it onto your hair, tilting it slightly.

                "Recording's starting in ten!" Your stylists yelled from the other side before knocking on the door. "You almost done?"

                "Yeah," you replied before walking out, letting your stylist give you one last touch-up before letting the other staff members rush you to the set.

                "On in five," they shouted loudly before you were pushed backstage, a script shoved into your hands.

                "Where's her translator?! Find her translator now!" A staff member yelled before the PD yelled for the start of the shoot.

                Boy, this was more hectic than you thought. Taking a deep breath, you took a step to the side, getting out from everyone's way to quickly scan the script.

 

                The recording had ended faster than you thought and now you wished it would have lasted just a bit longer, not to mention the thrill you felt when you were performing. What you regretted most was not being able to show off your Korean speaking skills. You had been teaching yourself and taking classes and could say that your Korean was pretty exceptional, even your teacher said so too. Some of the staff members even gapped a bit when you asked them detailed questions. Yes, yes you felt pretty proud of yourself but you couldn't help feel disappointed at the same time. Not only did you perform for famous celebrities, you also performed in front of BTS and it took all the energy you had from constantly glancing at them. You wanted to show them that you could speak Korean, with the hopes that maybe at least one of them would come and "praise" you on how well you had done. Truth was, you just wanted to talk to them and meet them. There's nothing wrong with a fangirl's dream.

                "Hey, we are going to be leaving in thirty minutes," your translator quickly told you before leaving to find the rest of the workers assigned to help you during your stay in South Korea.

                You sighed anxiously, searching around intently for one of the BTS members. The last time you saw any one of them was ten minutes ago when JungKook and J-Hope were doing a small part of the dance you had just performed. It made you over-the-top happy when you saw that they had actually memorized part of the dance which meant that they had been watching you.

                Silently, you continued to roam backstage, taking in how the real thing was compared to what was broadcasted on television and on the lookout for any of the members. At moments the crew back stage was more chaotic than others, yelling across the room and into their mic sets. Some celebrities were conversing with each other while others sat alone in the break rooms. Others were reading through the scripts and some were getting touch-ups.

                You glanced at the clock on the wall before sighing in defeat, you figured that based on how late it was, they had most likely already left for another schedule. With shoulders slumped, you walked from the stage set into the back hallway.