It was one time..

Baby Girl

“I’m home!”

I don’t respond. I stay seated at my desk, staring at the article that is on the screen. 

“Babe, where are you?” he opens the study door and sticks his head in. “Oh! Here you are. Why didn’t you say anything.”

I still don’t say anything. 

“Babe? What are you -?” he’s seen what I’m looking at and I bet he has no words for me. 

I re-read the headlines “GOT7’S MARK CHEATING ON HIS WIFE?”

Yeah. Apparently he’s cheating on me. We’ve been married for 4 years already and we’ve had no major issues before. But now... Why now?

“I can explain.” I hear him say. I close my eyes and take a deep breath before opening them again. 

“I don’t want to hear it.” I say, getting up and walking to the kitchen. I heat up the soup I cooked for dinner and shortly after Mark joins me in the kitchen. 

“Do you want to talk about it?” he says.

“No.” I say. Why did this have to happen now? Why now?

“It was one time.”

“I said no Mark.”

“I know. But -” I slam my hand on the kitchen bench. I see him flinch out of the corner of my eye.

“Sit.” I say. He does, watching me in case I explode. 

I start to set the table, placing his rice in front of him and laying out his spoon and chopsticks. I sit down in front of him, not looking at him. 

“Eat.” I say and he picks up his spoon and scoops his rice. We eat in silence for the next ten minutes and I decide to break it once I see he's finished eating. 

“One time? Are you sure?” Mark looks up at me, mouth wide open. I don’t look up at him and keep eating. He closes his mouth and nods. 

“One time. I swear.” he says, putting his spoon down. 

“Will it happen again?” 

“No. Never again.” I sigh. I put my spoon down and look him in the eyes. 

“Can I trust you?” 

Mark gets up from his seat and moves beside me. He makes me face him and takes my hands in his. 

“Of course you can. I’m your husband. We’ve been together for so long and this is my first mistake. I know I’m not the perfect husband but I’m so grateful you married me and I promise I will make it up to you for the rest of our lives.”

I can trust him, right? He is my husband after all. He chose me out of all the pretty girls he’s seen, he chose to spend his life with me. He works with some of the hottest celebrities, yet he comes home every night to his ordinary wife and tells me he loves me everyday. 

My thoughts are interrupted by the phone ringing. I go to pick it up. 

“Hello, Mrs Tuan?”

“Speaking.”

“Good evening. I am Kim Young Dae from KTV News. I was wondering if I could ask you a few questions about your husbands supposed affair?”

“He didn’t have one.”

“The evidence says differently”

“What evidence? The photo of him and another woman entering a hotel restaurant?  I knew about that meeting, in fact it was because of me that they met. Usually affairs are hidden from their spouses right?”

“Ah. I see. Sorry for disturbing you then Mrs Tuan.”

I hang up. Mark is looking at me wide-eyed. I go back to the table and sit down. I finish eating and take my dishes to the sink. I feel Mark come behind me and he wraps his arms around my waist. He rests his chin on my shoulder. 

“Why did you do that?” he asks, almost whispering. 

“Because I’m your wife.” He tightens his arms around me, pulling me closer. 

“But it’s a lie.” I turn around to face him.

“Then should I have told him that my husband cheated on me?” he’s taken a aback by my question and looks down. I put my finger under his chin and make him look at me. 

“I wasn’t only protecting you. But I was protecting me as well. Imagine how many people out there after reading that article are just waiting for us to split. I won’t give them that satisfaction.” He leans in to kiss me but I turn my head. 

“Don’t think you’re getting off that easy. If this had happened any other time I would already be at my Mum’s place.” He looks at me questioningly. 

“What do you mean? What’s so special about this time?” I move out of his arms and start to clear the table, leaving him at the sink, confused. He turns around to me and watches me move about the kitchen. “Babe, are you going to answer me?”

I finish clearing the table and putting away the left overs. As I close the fridge door, Mark moves beside me, staring at me. “The suspense is killing me, baby girl. Tell me what’s so special about this time.” I sigh. I guess I can’t hide it forever. I was going to make him wait until the scandal news had died down. Or at least until I had completely forgiven him but seeing the look on his face now - the way his lips pout a tiny bit, the way his eye brows furrow together and his eyes droop a little at the sides - he’s just too cute. He knows by pulling this face I will do anything he wants. 

“Because,” I say. “I’m pregnant and I’m not going to ruin my family because of one mistake.” 

Mark’s jaw drops and his eyes widen. I laugh a little at his expression. “Are you serious?” he manages to say. 

“Would I joke about this?” I say as I walk towards the living room. I feel hands turn me around and then arms wrap around my waist as Mark pulls me into him lifting my feet off the ground and spinning me around. We both laugh as he slowly puts me down, not letting go of my waist. 

“Thank you.” he says, before gently placing his lips on mine. I wrap my arms around his neck and pull him in closer. 

We pull away from each other and he leans his forehead on mine, looking me in the eyes. 

“I love you, baby girl.” I smile at his words.

“Let’s hope we have one of those.” I say, winking.

 

A/N: Eeeek! Is it okay?
I hope you guys enjoyed it :)