I don't want him here

A day without you

I can't believe yes it's true

Because you're not next to me  

Kibum never thought of himself as a pushover but with his new job It was implied that he was. Working at a gay bar, as a dancer and server no less, was not one of the jobs he saw himself doing. The lavender haired boy sighed as he thought about what he has gotten himself into since he started college. Yet ever other day there he was dancing for greasy old men that couldn't admit they were gay, all because no one else would  hire him.

The night it just so happened to be Kibum's birthday, he had gotten a call from his boss Minho, asking if he could do a double shift. The poor man sounded desperate.  Sighing  the 21 year old muttered a quick 'sure'  to him.  (He had originally planned to snuggle up with his cat.)

As he made his way down the six blocks to the train station, he put his headphones in, hips swaying and feet stomping to the music. He glanced up, greeted by a changing sky, a beautiful deep violet had taken over. The breeze on his face felt cool, and he sighed for the nth time that day.

"Today's gonna , I can feel it."

The train ride only took around 15 minutes, and Kibum was sometimes grateful for that. He didn’t exactly like trains nor the people that normally got them. He tried his best to stay out of the way of people, but at the same time he liked to people watch. There were two girls on the train, high school students probably. They were squealing over a new band that had recently become popular. His feline eyes not so subtly tried to look at the band in the magazine they were holding. He vaguely remembered seeing flyers for them when they were still underground. They were pretty good actually. He smiled to himself an almost melancholic look to him, much to the discomfort of the girls scooting away from him.

The club was blasting music once Kibum arrived, going through the back entrance like all employees did, unless you were a bouncer, you just walked to the front door and glared at people. Pushing the heavy door open after swiping his ID in, the lock opened. It wasn’t a fancy lock, really it was more like he had to break into the damn door for it to open. Minho had refused to buy a lock the actually worked, saying it was unnecessary to do so.
“ing Minho, just buy a god damn key lock then…” Kibum muttered to himself, pushing his hair back. As he sauntered into the back, he was greeted by his boss himself.
“Hey thanks for coming on such short notice Key.” He smiled genuinely. Minho wasn’t some greasy business jockey, he really cared for his employees, and Kibum was grateful for that.
“It’s fine, that just means I get more money to feed my students loans” He gave a dry laugh, trying to hide that he’d rather spend time with his cat. Minho cocked his head to the side, His curly hair bouncing slightly with the movement. He was mouthing something to himself. He smiled again, grabbing the boy by his shoulder.
“Follow me, I gotta show you something real quick.” He spoke louder as they got closer to the main area. The floor lighting up in little squares of color. Strobe lights and disco balls hung from the ceiling. People were mushed together, grinding each other, or just dancing like they didn’t care or were too drunk to care. The music was pounding, and all of it made Kibum want to go home even faster. Minho pulled him up to the side stage, telling him to wait there a minute.
As he hustled up the few stairs to the stage, Kibum laughed a little.
‘What the hell is he planning?’ he thought.
“Ladies and Gentlemen” His boss began to say into a mic. “Our guest of honor has arrived, Key get yer skinny up here.” He motioned his hand for the lavender haired but to walk up the stage. He was surprised to say the least. He didn’t know exactly what was happening, and he didn’t like to be looked at more than he needed. The spotlight hit Kibum, and the crowd erupted, clapping and hooting loudly. He looked over to Minho whose smile was never ending.
“Let’s give the birthday boy his cake now!” He cheered.
It finally hit him. Taemin threw a surprise party for him. The only reason he knew it was Taemin (the clumsy barkeep) was because he had told him how much he didn’t like surprise parties. He hated them in fact. Something about the pressure of one made his skin itch. He turned around and the raven haired boy rolling an obnoxiously pink cake onto the stage. He didn’t like pink as much as Taemin thought, but he had to admit the cake was undoubtedly very “Key” themed. He couldn’t hold in his tiny giggles that spilled from his heart. A smile made it’s way onto the three of their faces as they all began to sing happy birthday.
“There’s one more surprise for our lovely little kitty though.” Minho chimed in as soon as the candles were blown out.
“You’re gonna love this one Bum.” Taemin voiced loud enough for the awestruck boy.
“Please welcome Nightmare onto the stage!” The crowd began hooting and hollering. The band was the one that the girls on the train were talking about. The one Kibum used to go watch when they were still small. However the color drained from his face. He didn’t want them there, he didn’t want to see them not here. Taemin took notice if his sudden change.
“Hey Kibum are you okay? You look sick.” The worry on his friends face made Kibum feel worse.
“No, I’m fine, just surprised is all.” He tried to shake it off.
The band strolled up to Kibum smiling, asking if he would walk to the center with them. In the center Minho had set up a stool for him to sit on. He did not like this one bit.
The lead singer, Jonghyun, took the mic from Minho. He was wearing a simple black wife beater, and white pants.His blonde hair looking as if he had just rolled out of bed. He cleared his throat before speaking with a voice like honey.

“I know this isn’t the usual kind of club we play at, but it’s a favor to a friend, so we hope you all enjoy, especially you birthday boy.” His smile made Kibum look away. “Were gonna sing a special song just for him, we heard from a little milk boy that this was your favorite song.” He didn’t want to hear it. He wanted to go home more than anything now. “Let’s Replay it, yeah?” No.

The band had went over a good portion of their songs, all while Kibum sat at the front, trying his hardest to not just make a break for it. The crowd loved everything, and sang along to all the songs, the louder they were the more popular the song was Kibum noted.
“Thank you everyone! Happy Birthday Bummie.” Jonghyun winked. Kibum wanted to throw up.

The next thing he knew he was backstage with Jonghyun, Taemin and Minho busy with the crowd up front. He couldn’t move. Jonghyun had thrown him into the nearest room, the dressing room to be more exact. The lights were on at three of the mirrors, Kibum looked at his normal station. Eyes caught in the reflection as Jonghyun came closer.
“Why did you come here, and of all the nights to choose?” Was the first thing he said to Jonghyun all night.
The singer blinked a few times. An understanding sigh came from his lips, but as soon as he looked into those chocolate eyes, he gave a sad smile.
“What, I can’t wish my ex a happy birthday?”



---
AN-
SO, uh, heres the first chapter? It's not very good, but this is my first fic, and i'm just happy to share it with you guys and maybe some of you will like it? SOrry if it's sortta jambled and stuff. ^^;
I'm not sure if I'm going to be constant with updates for now, I just know it won't be for a while, btu I will try my best to actually get some stuff up, as much as I can? Okay well enjoy~!
~Ra-Ravi