Kimchi and ice cream

Ice cream and kimchi

A/N I was feeling really Yoonmin-deprived so a made a messy one shot that consist a lazy Yoongi and a worried Jimin just being a couple, so please don't expect anything


“You didn’t sleep.” Jimin’s voice didn’t sound accusing or even worried, he was mostly just stating the obvious in a way that never failed to make the older feel somewhat guilty.

“I’m almost finished, I will sleep for the rest of the day.”

“Yeah, you will.”

 

You would think that after all this time Jimin would already be used to it, but it never failed to make him angry, seeing how much Yoongi overworked himself. Whenever he came to bring him food, the older will either be too engrossed in his machine or sleeping, they could hardly ever talk properly.

“What are you working on this time?” Jimin asked since he knew Yoongi finished all of his projects his boss made him to do last week. Yoongi finally looked at him and smiled lazily, making the other’s heartbeat suddenly rise.

“Curious?” Yoongi slightly sneered and it irritated Jimin to no end that the older could manage to make him so messed up while looking like a ghost that hasn’t slept in forever, ironically.

“You could say I’m curious why are you still overworking yourself like this even though you finished your project already.” Jimin said calmly, not intending to show that behind the angry act he actually missed Yoongi with every fiber of his body.

“Hmm… Ideas appear in my mind at indefinite times, you know I do this because I like it, not only because I need to survive somehow. And besides I don’t need an excuse, I do it because I want to.” Yoongi explained in a nonchalant way, already having dragged the younger to sit on his lap in this weird position, but he was half-asleep so you can’t really question him.

“You still need to do other things beside that too, you know.” Jimin mumbled and let his hand tangle in Yoongi’s hair softly.

“Yeah? Like what, you?” Yoongi teased again and closed his eyes to fully concentrate on the much needed massage and the younger’s touch. It was as if Jimin exactly how to make him feel better without actually doing much.

“You ain’t gonna be doing nothing or me if you don’t sleep soon.” Jimin stated completely unfazed by Yoongi’s try to be seductive and all that, especially after he saw that his chest already rising and falling steadily, indicating that he was in Dreamland.

 

Jimin sighed to himself and carefully got up and put few blankets over the actual child Yoongi was. He left the food in the fridge, wrote a note in a mom tone to remind to the older to eat it and left. Jimin knew all too well how much Yoongi loved his job, but he just wished the older would love himself at least half as much. What did Yoongi do? He was a producer, not popular, not unknown. He had an agency and projects often enough to keep food on his table. Jimin was Yoongi’s most needed life source after that.

 

--

 

 

They met in a very non fairy tale situation. It was during the wintertime, one night specifically when Jimin had headed out to meet a friend, but he found a freezing tiny figure on the main entrance, looking like he had been waiting for quite a while. Of course, Yoongi had forgotten to take his keys when going out and he was waiting for someone else who lived in the same apartment complex to open the main door and for some reason Jimin found that all too amusing.  It didn’t seem to be something unusual since Jimin’s friend greeted Yoongi with an “Again?” instead of a “Hello”, so that made it obvious that Yoongi was just like that. They met few other times in the same comical like situations in which Yoongi almost always looked really uninterested that he wasn’t dressed nearly enough for the freezing weather outside or in the fact that kimchi and ice cream weren’t really the best dinner possible. Neither of them were shy so that helped a lot to establish more of a just Jimin-is-amused-by-Yoongi’s-airheadness relationship. They started talking, going out for ddeokbokki and so on. Right now they had become an irreplaceable part of each other’s life.

 

 

--

Although Jimin was used to it, sometimes he wished Yoongi would verbally express himself a bit more often. Or was he just being immature for sulking that he never got his “I love you’s” nearly enough times? In fact, he was positive that Yoongi hasn’t said those three words together more than two times. Not that he doubted that Yoongi loved and needed him, oh no, the older had proved many times that Jimin is his second real passion in life, but you could say that contradictory to Yoongi, Jimin was quite sentimental and he liked hearing the things he wanted to, no matter how obvious they might be.

 

 

The younger tiptoed his way to Yoongi’s bedroom, not wanting to wake him up, but for his utmost surprise the older wasn’t rolling on his sheets or blasting music for once. After some more inspection of the apartment Jimin heard the shower running so he decided to prepare a quick meal before leaving, he knew Yoongi wasn’t going to bother cook for himself anyways.

 

“It smells good.” Yoongi sang immediately after opening the bathroom door, showing a smile full of his teeth to Jimin.

“Sukchae and kimchi at your services, you need to have your vegetables.” Jimin beamed proudly, he had some confidence in his cooking. Yoongi went ahead and kissed the top of Jimin’s nose before sitting down to eat. It was his own special way to be affectionate towards the other and Jimin didn’t mind at all.

“What are you doing tomorrow night?” Yoongi asked after some time and never mind paying attention to his words, all Jimin actually wanted was to kiss his eyelids that were begging for some sleep and tuck him in bed. Yeah, Jimin was definitely Yoongi-deprived and it was messing him up badly.

“Jiminnie,” Yoongi grinned lazily and poked the sides of the younger “I feel like you’re about to eat me and not your kimchi. You’re staring.” Given, Jimin snapped out of his trance and narrowed his eyes at the older.

“I have work until 6pm and I’m free after that. Do you want me to come?”

“No, not really.”

“What then?”

“Let’s go out.” Yoongi suggested and looked serious this time. Jimin almost choked up on his food.

“You want to go out of the apartment? On your own will? Is it my birthday tomorrow or…”

“Stop being a smartass and say yes.” Yoongi sneered and got up to wash his dishes. “I will wait for you in front of your workplace.”

“Is there a special occasion?” Jimin tried to pester the older with questions more since it was extremely rare of Yoongi to offer such thing. He always preferred to work on his music or just watch movies with Jimin without having to leave his apartment, because frankly Yoongi was known for his laziness. There must be another reason, although Yoongi didn’t say there was.

 

And there really wasn’t. Yoongi was there waiting for him when he finished work, they went to some quiet local restaurant and finished with Yoongi’s beloved ice cream.

“What are you thinking about?”

“Nothing really, I’m just surprised that you initiated the date yourself. I’m happy.” Jimin was indeed really happy.

“Bingo.”

Jimin turned his head in Yoongi’s direction confusedly. But the look on the two eyes he loved to death made him forget any kind of questions, doubts or words in general. Yoongi hardly ever properly showed any emotions, but once he did, they were enough to make you feel like you’re the most important and beautiful person on Earth, or at least it was how Jimin felt at the moment.

“You always take care of and you’ve never once complained that I chose my work over my time with you, even though that happens too often. It means a lot to me Jiminnie, this time I wanted to make you happy. I … Thank you.”

Jimin started at Yoongi for a while and broke into a slight giggle. He then forgot for a second that they are in public and kissed the ice cream on Yoongi’s mouth away. Nope, emotions didn’t suit Yoongi after all. But now he thought that maybe not hearing “I love you” as much as he wanted wasn’t all that bad.