I

Stopping an Addiction Only Means Finding Another One to Replace It

I pursed my lips in disappointment. I thought we went out to have a proper date?! But seeing him busy with his cigarette… argh!  I hate him.  I told him a hundred times that smoking is dangerous to his health but he never listened!  Until now, I’m wondering how I can put up with his attitude. I guess I love him to the point that I can ignore every bad thing about him…?

 

I twisted my head to glance at him. Argh!  He’s still at it! He doesn’t even paying me any attention! How about I burn him with his cigarettes?! It’s really grating into my nerves!

 

Sehun… “I said, trying to control the anger that’s rising from my throat. 

 

Can you-

 

No.“ He said, cutting me off.

 

I can’t take this anymore! Turning around, I breathed in.  Tears were forming at the corners of my eyes.  I acted like a stupid child weren’t I? But I don’t care! This time, I’d like him to notice me… Yes, I know that he loves me but sometimes… sometimes… I just can’t feel it.

 

Fine.” I said firmly.

 

Briskly, I walked through streets. I could feel him following… but seriously, what’s the point? He can’t give up on smoking and I don’t appreciate that. You can understand me, right? Can’t I be concerned?

 

Wait-

 

No.

 

I said-

 

Suddenly, I felt his strong hand on my arm. His hold was strong enough to stop me from walking. He forcefully pulled me so I turned around, only to meet his sharp eyes.

 

What?

 

He blew on his cigarette, much to my chagrin. He threw it on the floor and stepped on it afterwards. What was he trying to do?

 

His look was sharp. Jawline obvious and lips tightly forming a line: there’s no doubt that he’s angry. Wait…He has no right! I should be the one getting mad! What now?! Am I in the wrong here?

 

I wanted to return his defiant look but I felt so small under his gaze (well, except from the fact that I’m really short…Anyways!).

 

What do you want?

 

Well," he’s still wearing his wrinkled brow. "I’m sorry…" he said in a gruff voice.

 

WHAT THE HELL! IS HE REALLY TRYING TO SAY SORRY?!

 

Is that an apology? Well, no thanks. I don’t need it." I said strongly. Wah. It’s my first time, okay? As much as possible, I don’t want to see his hurt face so I watch my words carefully. Maybe, I’d put on my armor tonight. Just tonight, so that he realizes what he’s trying to throw away.

 

I was about to look away when I caught his facial features softening. He bowed his head. Gosh, that’s really something. I haven’t seen him doing that in years!

 

I’m really sorry. I might not look very sincere but please believe me…

 

He looked at me softly. I don’t know but his eyes…they were silently saying that he’s really saying the truth. I could feel myself wavering…NO…I shouldn’t,  I wouldn’t! But!  Oh no…Sehun, what are you doing to me?

 

I folded my arms to control myself. Dude, I needed that because in any moment, I would just hug him because he looked like a hurt puppy. I’m a dog lover, ‘ya know?

 

Yeah. Yeah whatever you say-" He ran his fingers through his hair while wetting his lips. Okay…that was handsome, I won’t lie to myself…wait…I’m supposed to be mad at him!

 

Sehunniee…" I started. Oh god, please make him listen to me just this once. "I’m just worrying about you and you-"

 

Stop that.

 

Huh?

 

He’s interrupting me! I can’t believe this! I’m in the middle of ranting and he…Argh! I hate you Oh Sehun!!!

 

What is?" I asked again.

 

That.

 

I was about to say something when…he…he…he kissed me! It was chaste and fast but it’s enough to make my heart race.

 

What are you-

 

His face was still dangerously close to mine.

 

I told you not to do that." He said. I couldn’t think straight. His breath was ghosting over my lips and his hands warmed my cold cheeks as he cupped them.

 

What is? I’m not a fortune teller, you know? I can’t guess everything in your mind.

 

Pout.”

 

What?”

 

I said don’t pout.

 

Why?”

 

He didn’t answer. Well, he didn’t have to. I figured. It’s his weakness. Silly him.

 

He kissed me again but this time was longer and better. It’s not the usual lips pressing against each other. It’s more meaningful and sweet. Real kiss.

 

I hate you." I said when we finally broke out.

 

Our foreheads were pressed against each other.

 

He giggled before saying, “I know…that’s why I love you very much.

 

Oh really?"  I asked

 

Really. So I was planning to quit smoking-

 

I looked at him disbelieving. He’s so lame with promises so I couldn’t believe him.

 

I’m not promising. I’m doing it. That cigarette earlier would be my last.

 

 

 

After a week or so…

Sehun became addicted…at least with bubble gums, sweets and…and kisses…