1

Code Red

Chapter 1

Goodbye, Seoul

--------------------------------

Ah, Seoul. I'm going to miss you.

I walk on the marble floors of Incheon airport, the sound of my boots going click, clack, click, clack. I push my shades up my nose and smack my red lips together. Sporting a white t-shirt and cargo pants, I strut my way to the boarding gate.

Ding dong deng. "This is the final boarding call for passenger Lee Han Byul booked on flight 111 to Los Angeles. Would these passengers proceed to gate 4 immediately. Thank you."

I'm running late, just like how I planned to be.

I give a small nod of the head to the stewardess and pick up speed as I spot the last of the passengers entering the plane. This is it. I could just simply turn around, drop everything, move on and continue living normally. But I don't.

I keep moving forward with her last words to me ringing in my head, "I'm  sorry it came down to this, unnie. I have no reason to be happy anymore."

Oh, there's no way in hell I'm turning back now.

--

"Would you like a cup of coffee or tea, ma'am?"
"Tea would be fine, thank you."

After the stewardess walks away, I take a long sniff of the fragrance of my tea in all its glory. Ah, lavender. "Lavender's my favourite too," a voice chuckles next to me. 

"I'm sorry, did I wake you up?" I meekly smile and he chuckles again before shaking his head. "No, I've been awake for a while," I am about to answer when he interrupts me, "Watching you."

My eyes widen and I fake a shy smile. Meeting his eyes, I offer a hand for a handshake whilst chuckling, "I'm Byul."

He grabs my hand, as gently as possible, "Pretty name for a pretty girl," his eyes twinkle. "I'm Wonshik, but you can call me Ravi."

VIXX, check.

--

It's been several hours since the plane took off and Ravi has dozed off again. Well that was easier than I expected.

I stare at my watch; tick tock, tick tock it goes, as I wait for my alarm to go off. And it finally does.

I stand up and excuse myself to go to loo, which conveniently happens to be located next to the business class, where they are.

One, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight, nine, ten, eleven. Perfect.

I wait in front of the occupied stall and hear the toilet flush. Click, the door unlocks. "Oh!" I slam into his chest, stumbling backwards as he grabs onto the door for balance. "Aish," he snapped.

I look up to his face and he stares at me, momentarily forgetting the reason he's clutching onto the toilet door and as to why I was on the floor. I give a small smile, "I'm so sorry, are you okay?"

He snaps out of his daze and quickly reaches a hand out to me. "Uh, yeah." I curl a strand of my hair behind my hair as I grab his hand to stand on my two feet again. "T-thanks. If you excuse me," I duck my head and walk past him to enter the cubicle, not forgetting to brush my hand against his.

There was a moment of silence before his footsteps are heard, gradually growing distant. I make sure to count to a hundred, and flush, before opening the door and making my way back to my seat. As I walk across, I notice his eyes, and the eyes of the men either side of him following my every move. With a hand brushing through my hair, the corner of my lips tilt upwards into a smirk. 

Not so much of a happy virus, are we, Park Chanyeol?

EXO, check.

--

The plane lands and I proceed to the waiting room, where my other targets await. I sashay my way to the area as I spot their figures. 

Unlike the image idols portray themselves to be; the 'We-are-bff's-for-life' and the 'I-am-so-innocent-I-don't-know-what--means' image, they're pretty much a bunch of bull created to feed the public to hide their true colours. 

I feel myself heating up at the thought of once being caught in their game of deceiving.

It is what lead her to her death.

With my determination heightened, I glance at the man with the black shades and dimples who has diverted his attention to me from the poor yapping manager. Bingo.

I walk forward, squealing as the content of my purse scatter out on the floor as my knees meet the carpeted floor. I curse myself and act flustered, reaching out for my phone; only to be met with another's hand. "Here, let me help." His deep voice rings in my ears.

I lift my chin and stare into his eyes, his beautiful eyes that are barely showcased to the world.

Too bad it won't be beautiful for long, Kim Namjoon.

Bangtan Boys, check.

--

Which other place would you find girls- in my case- girl idols huddled up together in a place better than the washroom?

I walk in and voila; this was the cherry on top of my ice cream. 

After washing and drying my hands, I turn to the closest person standing to me. "Excuse me, this may come out rude- and weird since I'm a stranger and all- but could you please borrow me an eyeliner?"

She, along with two others turn and they stare at me for a second or two before the girl with long, black hair breaks into a teeny, tiny smile, "Sure, here." I take it and start working on my eyes while thinking of ways to start a conversation.

"You guys must be tired from your schedules, am I correct?" This catches the attention of several others; some shake their head while most nod their heads vigorously, "You could more or less say that." 

I nod in understanding when one speaks up, "You're the last one to board to the plane, right? I noticed you earlier. What was your name again? Lee, um, Lee-" "You can just call me Byul." 

"Oh, well, hi Byul! I'm Minah, she's Subin and she's Naeun. Girls' Day right here, that's Dal Shabet and at the corner, that's A Pink. Nice to meet you!"

Checkmate.

Now let the games begin.