Stupid Stalker

Stupid Stalker

Yixing walks to the bus stop slowly because he knows that the bus is gonna be late. It’s not because it’s just a random intuition, it’s because he saw a bus left a few minutes ago. For him, it’s not really a problem because personally, he doesn’t wanna go home that fast. Lu Han, his senior but best friend forever, must be still at school and his parents are still at work. And… he’s really bored.

Being alone, Yixing takes out his cell phone and earphones. He starts listening to a song from his cell phone while someone is about to take a seat quite far away from him. Feeling nosy, Yixing turns to the guy who is busy with his cell phone. He gasps.

Oh God, it’s Wu Yifan!

Yixing feels his heartbeat getting faster. But then, he successfully calms it down. He distracts it with the songs he is listening to and looks away.

 Wu Yifan is a third grader in Yixing’s high school while he himself is a second grader. He’s a year younger than the boy who is the basketball captain, and Yixing likes someone who’s older than him after all. Wu Yifan is… well, he is really famous at school, so why would Yixing not know him, but Yixing knows him beyond that. Yifan is actually just an ordinary student; he is nerdy, a math-geek, a “sudden” librarian (because whenever Yixing goes to library, Yifan is also there), and he hates purple. Yixing knows the last fact from Yifan’s classmate, who also happens to be his best friend forever, Lu Han. He regrets how he himself loves purple while his crush hates it. It’s unnecessary, but still…

Suddenly, Yixing feels someone approaching him. He lifts his head, and suddenly he melts. Wu Yifan is the one approaching him.

“Excuse me, may I use your cell phone?” he asks.

Yixing frowns. “What?”

“It is… urgent. And my cell phone, it . I can’t use it,” Yifan says.

Yixing looks at his cell phone. It’s purple. He hesitantly gives… no. He can’t.

“I-I—”

Suddenly, Yifan takes the cell phone and pulls out the earphones. Yixing flinches; he doesn’t expect Yifan to do such an impolite action. When he’s about to protest, Yifan says, “It’s urgent, Zhang Yixing!” and he moves away from Yixing.

Yixing pauses. “Zhang Yixing”? He frowns. He knows my name?

He then watches Yifan suspiciously. He watches every move, gesture, and his glances. Yes, Yifan glances at Yixing as if he’s afraid that Yixing might be thinking negatively about him. But heck, Yixing is already curious. He sharpens his gaze on the older boy, and finally Yifan gives the cell phone back to its owner. “Thanks, Xing.”

“You’re welcome,” Yixing says without even smiling a bit.

Seconds after that, the bus finally arrives. Yixing enters the bus with Yifan following from behind. Yixing looks for a free seat, and he finds one. But… there’s only two free seats there? It means… he has to sit with Yifan? Between being displeased and happy, he takes the seat near the window and Yifan sits right next to him.

Yixing thinks about Yifan; what if, unfortunately, he’s a robber. He was so fishy when he used his cell phone. He glances at him as if he is afraid. And now, he can see that Yifan’s hands are trembling and he is also sweating. Weird.

Then the bus reaches his stop. Yixing wants to ask Yifan to move, but the guy is already moving. He is also getting off this stop! Yixing’s jaw drops. But rather than thinking too much about it, he just gets off the bus too.

He stares at Yifan, and their eyes accidentally meet. Yixing immediately looks away, although he wishes that he can stare at them longer. He is just shy; his heartbeat is getting faster. After making a fake cough, he walks away, going home. Besides, it looks like it’s gonna rain because the clouds are so dark. The wind is also blowing too excitedly.

Yixing walks along the sidewalk. Suddenly, he feels like someone following from behind. He turns back. Wu Yifan is there, staring at the park nearby. Yixing frowns, but shrugs and continues walking.

The cute guy walks and walks… until he feels kinda annoyed. He turns around again. Yifan is still there, taking pictures of the fallen leaves. Yixing frowns even more, and even though he feels awkward, he just continues walking.

Again, he walks. He increases his level of awareness because he is really afraid that something might happen to him after this. He quickens his pace. He admits that he has a crush on Yifan, but he feels like it’s slowly disappearing. Yifan is being really weird today and Yixing feels annoyed again. But before he can turn around, his cell phone rings. He has received a message. He opens it.



From: purple umbrella

Zhang Yixing, stop walking and just turn around!



Yixing frowns. “Purple umbrella”? Who the hell added a dorky name like this? He turns around and…

“Ouch!” Yifan yells out. He has kicked a trashcan and fallen down. Yixing wants to help, but Yifan immediately stands up. So, Yixing takes back his decision.

Suddenly, raindrops start to fall. Yixing runs for cover under a shady tree. When he is protected from the rain, he turns around, and finds Yifan walking towards him with… a purple umbrella? Wait, doesn’t he hate purple?

Yifan is getting closer to Yixing, and the bunny boy’s heart is beating faster. When the cool guy finally arrives right in front of Yixing, he really thinks that he’s gonna die—faint.

“I’ll take you home, Zhang Yixing,” Yifan says.

“What?”

“Geez, you were so difficult to follow,” Yifan sighs, hovering the umbrella over Yixing’s head.

“So you were really… stalking me?” Yixing asks hesitantly.

Yifan smirks; oh, Yixing is gonna melt. “Yes, Xing.”

“W-why?” Yixing asks, and his body shivers in between the cold and the happiness.

Yifan sighs. “You don’t get it?” he asks back, and he gets a shaking head for an answer. “Listen, Xing, I was trying to get your phone number, but you kept staring at me with a curious look. So of course, I got nervous. But I was able to get your phone number anyway.”

Yixing pauses.

“The second thing is, I was following you, but you were too fast. So I sent you a message to stop you. But then there was my stupidity; I forgot that I gave myself the name, ‘purple umbrella’, in your cell phone. But you see, I also forgot to use my purple umbrella.”

Yixing is still freezing.

“Now, that I’m using this umbrella, I’ll take you home,” Yifan says as he drags Yixing.

“Wait, Wu Yifan ge…,” Yixing interrupts when they are already walking. “Why did you do all those things?”

Yifan chuckles. “Really a slow-pace-working brain you have,” he says. “You still don’t get it?”

Yixing shakes his head.

Yifan then stops walking, facing Yixing. He reaches for the younger’s hand. Yixing’s heartbeat increases again.

“Xing, I know we’re guys, but so what? I just wanna say that…,” Yifan sniffs, “I have a crush on you.”

For the second time, Yixing freezes.

“I always pay attention to you. You’re so famous among our juniors at school, so I can watch you easily. I saw you for the first time at the library, and there, I began liking you. I’ve tried my best to know more about you. You sing well, you dance well, you like to space out, you can play a lot of instruments, you can cook, and… you love purple,” Yifan smiles after saying the last point.

Yixing’s cheeks are blushed.

“And Xing,” Yifan adds, “I also found out from Lu Han that—”

“I have a crush on you too,” Yixing cuts him off, smiling. “Yes, Wu Yifan.”

Yifan smirks. “So… may I be your boyfriend?”

“Hey, I’m also a boy!” Yixing pouts.

Yifan giggles. “Well… I’ll change the question. Zhang Yixing, may I be your lover?”

Yixing smiles brightly. “I don’t know… why don’t you try to be one?”

Then, Yifan gets closer to Yixing’s face. When he’s about 2 cm away from the cute guy, he whispers, “I love you, Zhang Yixing,” and he smacks his lips against Yixing’s.

They don’t care about the people that might be watch them because since it’s raining, almost no one’s there except the lovebirds. And the purple umbrella is very useful in hiding their kiss.

 


 

a/n: how was it? still sounds so childish right? of course because i wrote it when i was still 17 years old hahaha. do you know why i wrote fics with bus as the main transport? because at that time i used to take busway to go home from school. once, a lady approached me to ask me lending her my cell phone. i was hesitant at first but she forcefully took out the earphones from my cell phone lololol i was so annoyed. i wondered why it wasn't my crush at school and tadaaaaa! this is the result, with kyumin as the main pairing. recently i received a comment in the kyumn version one in my LJ, and it's the trigger for me to reread this fic. i thought i wanna share it to fanxing shipper because well yifan is stupid :)) but really, i miss my high school days. i'm sorry if you're annoyed with my writing style hahaha but i hope you enjoy my younger work :) anyway, i'm working on the last chapter of 'of encounter and destiny' and please pray for my phone (because i'm writing it via phone) see ya later! :D