final

His Little Secret

Fifteen-year-old Lee Donghae thinks, after minutes of procrastinating whether to write notes or not, that he better stop pretending that he’s a damn role-model of a student and instead, slumps his back on the chair as if he’s boneless. He turns a plenty pages of his notebook till he reaches the last page and tears a small portion and then he dips his pen on it as he writes a messy greeting to his seatmate-crush-bestfriend.

 

Hi. Guess what? I have a secret?

 

Really? What is it then?

 

It’s a secret! :P

 

K., Hyukjae writes and slides the paper on the table. Even though he’s very curious of what secret it is – his bestfriend is the world’s largest babbler he can’t even keep a secret – he’d rather not have himself scolded by that grumpy woman in front for making noises and thinks that he can just ask Donghae later.


“Hey, Hyukkie.” Donghae mumbles as they lay their trays – with different servings of food – on the table.

“What?”

Donghae slurps on his noodle soup. “I have a secret.”

“Tell me then.” Hyukjae props his chin on his palm.

“I can’t,” He exclaims and takes one strawberry from Hyukjae’s tray then bites. “It’s important.” He continues on chewing, voice a little stuffed.

“I thought best friends can’t keeps secrets from each other?” Hyukjae pouts that Donghae wants to tackle him down on the floor but he can’t. “And – hey –“ He glares at his best friend. “Why do you need to take one of my strawberries?!”

Donghae giggles at him; eyes are turning like sparkling crescents. He swallows the strawberry and then smiles so bright, it can make everyone – or at least Hyukjae – blind. “It’s not like you can stop me from taking one if I asked.”

Hyukjae scoffs and rolls his eyes.

“Plus, it’s not that bad if I keep a secret on you. My world just doesn’t revolve around you, you know? I don’t have to tell you everything.”

A sudden feel of disappointment  floods in Hyukjae’s heart. It’s not that he’s offended – it’s more like reality saddens the out of him. It’s the fact that Donghae has another world where he doesn’t exist; just the cool and awesome and perfect Donghae who has thousands of friends and girls swooning over him, while he’s just Hyukjae, the average-looking, boring, quiet, and stingy Hyukjae. Who will even bother to befriend him? Donghae is kind enough to do so.

“Wait – hey hey,” Donghae rushes at him. “That was just a joke, don’t cry, Hyukkie! I’m so sorry!” He panics and rambles another bunch of unnecessary words that makes Hyukjae chuckle a little at his best friend’s cuteness. He’s just so smitten over Donghae’s charms.

There are thin arms wrapped on his waist as Donghae moves his chair and places it a little more beside him. His heart is beating so fast, without Donghae – who’s even tightening the hug and laying his head on the other’s shoulder – knowing his effects on the male he’s engulfing with a warm hug.

“It’s fine. I know it’s a joke anyway.”

“I’m still sorry, Hyukkie. That’s not a good joke. I’m such a bad best friend.” Donghae whispers, lips turning into a big fat pout while he stares at Hyukjae.

 

Don’t make me want to kiss you.


On their way home, Donghae decides that he should stop bothering Hyukjae and joke about his secret because it definitely will make him cry this time.

Hyukjae lays his on the cushioned chair, arms on the table to do his assignments. He can’t help but to think of what his best friend said. He’s convinced that Donghae really feels sorry for his joke but somehow, it punched something called like reality-generator in his head.

 

I am not your world but…you are to me.


Cut that drama because tonight, Donghae is in front of their house with a small bag hanging on his shoulders, saying that he’s going to have a sleepover at their house.

“B-but it’s not weekend!”

“So? Do I look like I care?” Donghae cackles a smile and enters without Hyukjae allowing him to go inside. He’s always welcomed anyway.


“Hyukkie, I…have a secret.” Donghae spats out of blue as they are playing Tekken 2 on Hyukjae’s playstation.

“Damn it, Donghae. Just tell me.” Why can’t I shut my big mouth, jesus.

“Uhm…secret?” He awkwardly giggles and gives Hyukjae’s character a final combo of flying kick and punches and he wins.

Hyukjae, who seems pretty distracted, sees the big word – under his character’s life – you lose. “Did I just ing lost.” He grits his teeth and turns to the peeing-in-his-pants Donghae. “Tell me this ing secret or-“

The other bites his lips anxiously and lowers his head. “Uhmm…I…ahh…Hyukkie…haha…” He grabs his nape and awkwardly scratches it.

Hyukjae stands up and goes to his room – that he’s about to share with Donghae -, sulking, or so he’s faking, just…some love from Donghae wouldn’t hurt?


Donghae comes in his room a few minutes after he went. Hyukjae assumes he must have been drinking his strawberry milk on their fridge again and inwardly groans. When he hears the door opening, he turns his body to face the window and hugs the pillow beside him then he calms his breathing.

The bed sinks as Donghae crawls beside the he-thinks-is-sleeping Hyukjae and pouts dejectedly. “Hyukkie, I know you are asleep by now but Donghae feels very sorry, Hyukkie.”

Oh god you sound like a beaten cute puppy. I want to ing hug you damn .

“…you, Hyukkie. You’re my world, I hope you know that.”

Did you just said-

He hears the small noise of blankets being spread and the shifting of Donghae’s body as the boy hugs him from the back. Hyukjae grins and holds Donghae’s hand.


“Hyukkie, I hope you won’t get mad but…I have a secret!”

“Shut up, Donghae.”

“Aww, don’t sulk! I’ll tell you but you have to wait!”

“Do I have any other choice?”

The brunette male giggles. “No, there’s none!”


He thinks, and thinks, and thinks of what he should do for Donghae to spill his secret. He just can’t wait and let his rot till Donghae tells him his secret – that shouldn’t happen!

It’s quite unfair to his part because he never keeps secrets from Donghae but this playful brat is just-

 

Of course he’s keeping a secret from Donghae!


“Donghae, I have something to tell you~”

Donghae feels chills running down his skin and why is everything becoming isolated out of nowhere and there’s Hyukjae’s evil laugh playing in his ears.

He chews his bottom lip and speaks in a quivering voice. “W-What is it, H-Hyukkie?”

Hyukjae approaches him closer and leans his face to Donghae’s ear. Too close, too close! Donghae get yourself out of here! His hot breath makes Donghae’s tummy flutter as cold sweat trickles down his face. “I have a secret.” Hyukjae whispers, distancing his face from Donghae’s. He skips to their canteen and Donghae certainly did not miss that ing wink his best friend gave him.

 

Well, , my life.


It’s a Saturday night, and just like those weekend nights they spent with each other, they are laying on the bed after playing games and doing a large mess over the kitchen – Hyukjae’s sister is certainly pissed – as they are ready for sleep. Their hands are intertwined, eyes still open.

“Hyukkie,”

“Hmm?” Hyukjae hums and faces his best friend.

“I have a secret!” Donghae excitedly exclaims, face turning like a complete kitty when he did that toothless smile.

“I know.”
“I love you.”

The other freezes, his single-lidded eyes getting rounder and bigger as reality sinks into the depths of his bones. He blushes and attempts to hide his red face as he slumps it on the bed with whispers of ‘oh my god’ ‘is this real’ ‘am I dead’ ‘but I am alive and this is reality and oh my ing god he loves me’.

“Hyukkie,” Donghae whines, face as red as Hyukjae’s. “please respond and don’t just leave me anxious here!”

“Well…I have a secret too.” His whispers are muffled by the bed, and so Donghae asks what he’s saying. “I said,” Hyukjae lifts his face involuntarily and gets embarrassed without knowing why. All he knows is that he’s feeling hot yet cold at the same time and he just keep on sweating and shaking and he can’t even think of a proper word to say! “I said, I have a secret too.”

“Tell me.” Donghae peeks from the pillow, where he's hiding his face, like a shy puppy.

How are you even real Lee Donghae.

“I love you too.”

Hyukjae is shocked when Donghae suddenly hovers over him and the next minute they are making out; the rest is history.

 


yep yep it's short but guys it's just a drabble lol i hope you enjoyed! Thanks for reading and upvoting! Please do comment ^^ Happy happy happy birthday my love, and Donghae's love and everybody's love, our self luminous jewel guy, Lee Hyukjae! More birthdays and blessings to come! Just enjoy your life coz YOLO loljk. I love you ♡♡♡