1st Bound - Family

Boundless.

(This is some kind of prologue. Enjoy :D )

 

1rst Bound - Family

 

“ Kids, we’re home ! ”

 

That simple sentence that her mother said was what made her wake up to reality. Her eyes opened, and she looked around, more than confused. At first, her view was quite blurry but, after rubbing her eyes a little, she was able to make out to make out the contours of a group of houses.

And it wasn’t that long before full counsciousness drowned into her system and she finally realized she didn’t know those houses. At all.

 

She straigthned herself up on her seat, lowly at the pain on her back. Being inside of an airplane for 14 hours straight and then enduring a long ride in a horrendous traffic just made her body cramps get worse.

 

“ Chae Rin ah, are you okay ? ”

 

She frowned for a moment, before looking back at her worried mother. The older woman looked more attently at her daughter, as if trying to make out what her emotions in that moment were or what she was thinking about right in that brief moment.

 

Lee Chae Rin had always been like that; cheerful and open-minded, fearless. But her condition sometimes transformed into the quietest person in the world.

 

“ … Where’s my medication, mom ? ”

“ Why ? Are you having a crisis ?! ”

“ No, no. Just to know it. ”

“ Oh, darling. You just scared your poor mom’s heart, ” The middle aged woman said whole-heartdly, laughing softly as she paused one of her hands over her chest, “ Don’t worry about it, mom has them all. I will give them to you as we settle things down at home, okay ? ”

 

 

The young female nodded and moved on her seat, opening the back door of the car up, and exiting outside.


Only to be welcomed with the light breeze from Malibu’s sea side.

 

She smiled in contentment, staring at the waves and the sunset as she stretched her arms and let out a deep sigh of relief and contentment.

Seoul was this hugely busy town, overcrowded, and it almost seemed like it had absolutely no end.

But this, this made her calm down a lot more.

 

“ Chae Rin, let’s go inside! ”

 

She smiled at her older brother and nodded, before turning around and looking at the sea one last time.

 

However, a sharp pain in her chest made her stop.

At first, it was like someone was piercing her chest; but then, that piercing sensation wouldn’t go away and she felt this huge heaviness inside of her. Everything on her chest hurt; even her lungs.

She felt like suffocating. She felt her heart smashing her lungs as its beating intensity only arised. She felt as if her body was becoming rigid.

She couldn’t even move.

 

 

 

“ M-Min Ho ah ! ”

 

 

She already was hyperventilating as her older brother reached her side, running. The older male held on his younger sister firmly, fear slowly engulfing him.

 

“ Mom ! MOM ! ”

 

It wasn’t too long before their sibling and their parents dropped their things on the floor and came back, rushing, towards the blonde female on her older brother’s arms.

Their mother quickly kneeled on the floor, opening a small metallic box with some syringes and small vials, taking the lyquid of one of them.

 

“ Min Ho, quick ! ”

The blonde’s older brother brought his sister’s shirt sleeve up, and tightened it up so that their mother would have more facility to find out his sister’s vein.

 

The blonde’s mother quickly pierced her daughter with the syringe, before pulling it out and covering the small wound left behind with a small piece of gauze.

 

Everytime Chae Rin would have her crisis, the first part was to administrate her medicine; in case her condition worsened, her parents would take her to the hospital right away. Hopefully, the medicine would make its effect in some minutes and, after some time, their daughter would wake up and be okay again.

 

“ Will she be okay ? ”

 

The young male smiled at his younger sister and nodded, trying to give some kind of confidence to the younger female.

 

“ Of course she’ll be fine, Min Ji ah. Our Chae Rin is a rock, ” He said, looking back at the blonde and caressing her hair.

 

 

“ Let’s take her inside, ” Their father muttered, after telling their mother to collect the special first aid kit, “ Do you need help, son ? ” He asked, looking at his elder child worriedly. The young male smiled confidently at his father and shook his head, laughing softly.

 

“ Don’t worry, I can carry her. ”

 

 

 

 

-::-::-

 

 

 

 

“ You didn’t take your medication, right ? ”

 

Chae Rin quietly drank her glass of water together with a pair of pills, closing her eyes. Her older brother sighed and reached for her glass, taking it off of her hands and putting it above of her bedside table before leaning down and sitting down on her bed.

“ Chae Rin… You know that you… ” He took in a deep breath before he kept talking, “ When you were born, doctors told mom and dad you only were supposed to live 3 years. ”

 

Chae Rin looked up at her brother, staring at his handsome features as he bit his lip bittersweetly.

 

“ I was so happy because I had gotten a little sister, but then mom and dad told me you were really sick and I felt so sorry for you, Chae Rin, ” He paused briefly before he kept talking, “ I would think, ‘Why am I healthy and why is my sister sick ? Why does it have to be her ? ”

 

Chae Rin sighed and played with her fingers.

 

“ I feel like a burden to you… I mean, we even moved to America in purpose, just because of my health- ”

“ We came to America because we want to fight this illness back with you, Chae Rin. You might be the only one with the disease on our family, but you’re not the only one here who’s fighting it back, okay ? We’re all with you, Chae Rin. We’ll be here, until the very end. No matter how many time you spend in the hospital, no matter how many treatments or surgeries you have to undergo… we’ll be  by your side. ”

 

 

“ We love you, Chaerinnie. ”