days of our lives

days of our lives

06.15

Kyuhyun sits on the edge of the bed, and slowly leans down to press his lips on his lover’s forehead. He smiles as Ryeowook sighs in contentment even though he is still deep in his sleep.

“See you later, Wook,” he whispers.

He attaches a small sticky note on the bedside lamp where he knows Ryeowook would look first thing when he wakes up, then gets up to walk out of the room, not forgetting to glance one last time at the beautiful sleeping figure before closing the door behind him.

 


08.38

Ryeowook peels his eyes open as he feels the warm morning light starts to pour into the room. He stretches out his arms, and soon frowns when he realizes the bed next to him is empty.

He immediately looks at the nightstand and smiles when he sees the note. He picks it up and reads it.

It says:

I have classes from 7 to 12. See you at Papirus for lunch? :D
Don’t forget to bring your umbrella when you go out, okay?
I love you :)

Ryeowook giggles. He actually hates it everytime he wakes up alone and he can’t find Kyuhyun beside him (and much to his dismay, it happens a lot of time because Kyuhyun has morning classes four days a week).

But little note like this never fails to perk him up.

He kisses the small paper, whispers a soft I love you too, and puts the paper inside his treasure box to join many other small notes Kyuhyun has written for him.

 


11.25

Ryeowook walks into the diner, greets Donghae on his way to his usual seat around the corner and plops down. He fishes out his sketchbook and a pencil from his backpack then looks out the wide window, watching the people passing by outside.

He is drawing a little girl holding a balloon when Donghae approaches his seat while mopping the floor.

“You’re so early today. Kyuhyun won’t be here until at least 12, will he?” the boy inquires. Ryeowook looks up to him and smiles.

“I know. But I have nothing better to do, and I hate being alone at home.”

“Okay... Well, Kibum is baking cookies, by the way. Just come to the kitchen if you want some.”

Ryeowook arches a brow.

“Since when did Kibum learn to bake cookies?”

“Since I told him I actually love cookies,” Donghae grins sheepishly before practically skipping to the door that leads to the kitchen.

Ryeowook lets out a soft laugh and gets back to his sketch.

 


12.14

As he briskly makes his way through the campus ground to the front gate, Kyuhyun keeps checking his phone every now and then and frowns. He has texted Ryeowook to tell him that his last class was released a bit later than usual, but he's coming soon so Ryeowook should not worry.

But Ryeowook hasn't replied to his message, nor has he picked up the phone when Kyuhyun tried to call him, and now he's the one worrying.

Chastising himself for never thinking of getting Donghae's or Kibum's numbers, he picks up the pace and rushes to get to where Ryeowook is supposed to be waiting for him.

 


12.32

Ryeowook's face falls when he can't find Kyuhyun as soon as he enters the diner. He glances around once more, hoping that he just missed the younger at his first try though he knows it's not likely; after all, he always prides himself in easily picking Kyuhyun out of the crowd anytime, anywhere.

He practically jumps when someone taps him on the shoulder, and begins to smile as he turns around thinking that it must be Kyuhyun, only to be left disappointed when he finds Kibum instead.

"He was here," Kibum says before Ryeowook even asks. He then fishes something out of his pocket - a neatly folded paper Ryeowook instantly recognizes must have been ripped off of Kyuhyun's notebook - and hands it to Ryeowook, his face somewhat apologetic. "He had to leave again after receiving a call -- he didn't say what it's about. But here, he left this for you."

After thanking Kibum, Ryeowook walks back to his spot around the corner and reads the second note Kyuhyun has written for him today.


First thing first: please remind me to remind you to always bring your phone with you. Don't ever do this to me again Wook, I thought I'd die from distress.

Donghae told me you were out helping a grandma finding her way to the train station. Now that is noble, but I wish you'd stayed so we could've met. Would love to wait for you here, but I got an emergency call to the club's meeting. Can't miss it, I'm sorry. Promise will make it up to you later :)

I'm not sure how long the meeting will take, so just finish the lunch I've ordered for you (I'll know if you skip it, so don't even think about it) and wait for me at home, okay?

Love you.


Ryeowook leans back on his seat and sighs forlornly, not liking how the day is turning out so far.

He misses Kyuhyun already.

 


15.07

"Not again," Kyuhyun groans as soon as he realizes that the apartment's empty. He kicks off his shoes, doesn't even bother to line them neatly on the rack because it looks like Ryeowook isn't even around to nag him about it.

He tosses his jacket and his bag on the couch as he makes a beeline for the fridge. His phone has apparently run out of battery halfway through the meeting that lasted way longer than he would've liked, which upset him greatly, because he hates not being able to stay in touch with Ryeowook even if it's only for a couple hours.

He heaves a sigh of relief when he sees the few, new sticky notes Ryeowook has left for him.


Kyuhyun-ah, I guess your phone ran out of battery? :(
If you read this, then it means I'm still out shopping for dinner.
Don't come to get me and just wait at home.

Made some tuna kimbap for your super late lunch.
Don't even think of not eating it just because
I'm not home!

Will be back before you know it.
I love you


Feeling a tad better, Kyuhyun re-reads the messages a few times over before he saunters to the living room to find the kimbap Ryeowook mentioned on the coffee table. He's not exactly hungry, but he's never one to waste anything Ryeowook prepares for him.

He wishes Ryeowook would be home soon.

 


15.41

"Kyuhyun-ah?" Ryeowook calls out as he opens the front door, and feels crestfallen when only the echo of his own voice is heard. But then he notices Kyuhyun's shoes lying haphazardly on the floor and Ryeowook almost can't stop himself from squeaking because, at last.

"Kyuhyun-ah!" he calls again, louder this time now that he knows Kyuhyun is home, only to fall silent a second later when his eyes land on the couch.

Of course he would be asleep by the time I get home, Ryeowook sighs, slowly resigning himself to the odd turns of events today. He rounds the couch to place the shopping bags on the coffee table, smiles affably when he doesn't find any kimbap left on the plate, and crouches down beside the couch so that he's at eye level with his sleeping boyfriend.

"I miss you, Kyukyu," he says, though he knows Kyuhyun cannot hear him. He places a hand on Kyuhyun's cheek, chuckles when Kyuhyun seems to lean into his touch even in his sleep, and gently brushes a lock of hair from his eyes.

He may have missed Kyuhyun all day, but Ryeowook also knows he can spend forever watching the steady rhytym of Kyuhyun's breathing as he sleeps so peacefully like this.

 


16.19

Kyuhyun is not surprised to find Ryeowook dozing off in the armchair when he wakes up. It seems to have started drizzling outside and, without Kyuhyun to keep him company, Ryeowook would easily fall asleep in such weather.

Deciding that Ryeowook will be far more comfortable in bed, Kyuhyun scoops him up in his arms and carries him into their room. He presses a soft kiss on Ryeowook's forehead, much like he did earlier this morning, and mouths, "I miss you, Ryeonggu."

 


16.52

When Ryeowook opens his eyes and Kyuhyun is the first thing he sees, he immediately reaches out a hand to make sure he isn't dreaming. Kyuhyun must have understood, because he instantly intertwines their hands together and pulls Ryeowook closer so that the other is pressed flush against him.

"It's been one weird day," Ryeowook mumbles, burying his face in the crook of Kyuhyun's shoulder.

Kyuhyun chuckles. "I'd say."

"I missed you."

"I missed you more," Kyuhyun says, and then he kisses Ryeowook to show just how much he actually did.

 


21.21

It's after dinner and they are cuddling on the couch again. The TV is showing Ryeowook's favorite drama but Kyuhyun can tell that his boyfriend's mind is wandering elsewhere. He runs his hand through the other's hair and tilts his head up gently so he can place a chaste kiss on the corner of his mouth.

"A kiss for your thought?" he asks, his voice light and teasing. Ryeowook giggles before he scoots even closer to Kyuhyun.

"I'm just so happy to have you near me like this," Ryeowook says honestly, his cheeks flushing a little.

Kyuhyun smiles and tweaks his nose playfully. "Don't you always?"

It's true, Ryeowook knows. And though he doesn't take anything for granted where Kyuhyun is concerned, right now he feels as if he never truly appreciates it enough, the simple yet exhilirating fact that Kyuhyun is always right there next to him.

Not trusting himself to be able to eloquently express what he's feeling, Ryeowook just wraps his arms around Kyuhyun tighter and hopes that Kyuhyun would understand without him saying the words.

"Hey, listen to me. The day might have been jarring, but don't let it get into you 'cause at the end of it, we're still together. As we will always be."

Some other night, Ryeowook would ask how Kyuhyun does it -- how he always understands, and knows just the right thing to say or do to comfort him.

But not tonight.

Tonight, Ryeowook just wants to lose himself in the sheer bliss of being with someone he can't be without.