A New Customer

I Can Give Up A Kingdom For You

"Is this really alright?" said a young e in a cherryblossom pink robe which was hanging delicately on her sleek shoulders, exposing some of her collarbone. Such image could attract jealousy from any women on the street, left alone drawing the attention of a very lusty man. The e was currently in a mind turmoil whether to put on a emerald hairpin on the left side or on the right side of her extravagently set up hair. It was not a very expensive nor cheap hairpin, but it was sure the best of the numerous accessories she could have in her whole career as a pleasure provider. "Do I really look good enough to attract him?"

"I've already told you a hundred times, sister, you look stunning! I'm sure General Han will definitely come to you this time." Another e about the same age as the previous one helped her friend to place the hairpin firmly onto the set. 

"There! You are all set, Fei-xue!" 

"Thank you so much, Meng-lian. Gosh, I really hope he will actually see me this time." The first e sighed.

Today seemed to be like any other day in the pleasure house. Every table was full of customers, whether they were calling for food or calling for a beautiful courtesan to accompany them during their meals. There would be laughter and music coming out of the VIP rooms, once in a while, if you went deeper into the array of corridors, you might hear something even more hotter than a pot of boiled water.

Yes, everything seemed normal, except for one thing. At certain time of every other week, a star from the courts would pay his regular visit to the pleasure house. Tall, handsome, well-built and, not to mention, famous, he could be any women's dream man. The perfect man to be around, to be specific. His every visit to the pleasure house would cause a huge commotion. Every female population in the pleasure house would do their best to put on the best show for this starred general, hoping to gain his attention, and one day, being accepted as his wife.

That is every e's ultimate goal: to be married into a rich family and be away from this hard life of selling one's body.

The fateful moment came as the doors of the pleasure house opened in a manner which only General Han Geng would do. It would always be a grand entrance with both doors flung opened, but never banging onto anything. A grand, but still very humble entrance. General Han never missed a moment to smile at anyone who talks to him, or even just swing by him just to get a closer look at his handsome features. 

But today, General Han was not alone. Behind him, a young gentleman in a modest robe looked around in enquiry. 

"Oh my, General Han, our girls have been waiting for you for a long time! Where have you been all these time?" The lady of the pleasure house greeted enthusiastically. The lady, or so the girls usually refer to her as "Mother', took General Han's arm and started to introduce him to the new girls, who, according to Mother, were some of the best he could ever find in the capital.

"Or maybe your friend may want to try out one of them? Don't you, my dear?" Mother flashed a smile towards the gentleman.

"Actually, Mother, we just want to see Heechul." General Han said apologetically. "His Mah- i mean, my friend here wants to meet him for quite a while now."

"Oh," Mother glared disinterestly at the two man in front of her. "You will find him in the old place. Enjoy your time then."

"Thank you Mother." General Han gave a small bow to the frustrated pleasure house owner and moved towards the other end of the pleasure house.

Mother's pleasure house was famous not only for the pretty girls in the front house. On the other side of the pleasure house, the inner house frequent customers to there would call, inhabited some of the most beautiful men that had ever existed in history. One of which caught General Han's attention and interest to go there every other week if work was not obstructing him from doing so. 

Kim Heechul was known for his breath-taking feminine looks. He could easily fool a man on street if he wore only simple female attire. This was also the reason why Mother and the other girls did not like him at all. But Heechul did not give a damn to the unnecessary jealousy displayed by the opposite . He was also one of the main income channel for Mother, therefore he knew for sure Mother would not throw him out even if all of the male customers decided to have a go on him. Besides, Mother did not need to invest much on the boys. Their number was even smaller than the male servants in the front house, besides, even as male es, the boys did not need much cosmetics and accesories, their only expenses would be on food and clothing.

Heechul was in his usual arrogant but never missing a tint of pamper self. This time, he wore a midnight blue robe dotted with golden leaves with a silver sash. His General Han had sent a messenger to inform him that he would be bringing an important friend along in this visit, Heechul just had to rummage through his splendid robe collection and found this gorgeous robe which suited him perfectly. He sat elegantly on a seat, making tea to kill time. Beside him was a younger boy in a less elaborated outfit. A  turquoise robe fitted with a sash identical to that of Heechul's.

The young boy fidgeted on his chair and spent his time playing with the end of his sash. Heechul did not want to interfer, but as the time was getting nearer, Heechul put down his tea pot and placed a hand on his apprentice's. 

"It will be fine, Kibum, I promise. General Han is a good man. Just follow my instructions."

Kibum nodded nevously. Today was his debut to the industry, and he was sure he was nowhere near the word 'ready'. 

The door finally opened. Heechul and Kibum gave a courteous bow, "General Han! Welcome Back!"

"Heechul! It's so good to see you! Ah! I see you've finally brought your apprentice along." General Han wrapped an arm around Heechul and pulled him to a tight hug. "I missed you so much, you know." He whispered.

"I know. You always do."

"I mean it, everytime!"

"Why don't we sit down? I think your friend is dying to know who I am right now, General Han."

 

“Oh right! Sorry about that, your mah- I mean, Siwon.”

“No it's nothing. I'm fine with this.” Siwon replied with a huge smile. The smile identical to a child who found something interesting to watch.

“Heechul, Kibum, This is Choi Siwon.” General Han gestured his company.

“Nice to meet you.” Siwon flashed another big smile.

To be frank to himself, Heechul had seen many goofy people with big, goofy, ugly smile, but never one like this and he found it quite cute.


 

Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/#!/kandakaoru

Check out my tumblr for fun kpop randomness: http://kandakaoru.tumblr.com/

Listen to my covers on Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/kandakaoru

Read my reviews and views on Kpop, Concepts or other Kpop related issues: http://kandakaoru.wordpress.com/

If you're also interested in anime, please check out my anime-related stories on fanfiction.net: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1724573/