Happiness

Happiness

A/N: There are two POV in this story. 


In the middle of night, I jolted awake. I had a nightmare, a horrible one. The nightmare reminded me of a past I never want to revisit. That past was the lowest point of my life. I hit rock bottom and I thought I would never be happy again. I was so scared and the thought of it sent chill down to my spine. Subconsciously, I closed my eyes and wrapped my arms around myself, trying to protect myself from the feeling I was having. I regulated my breathing, trying to calm myself from overthinking. I shifted my position a little and found myself next to a warm, hard chest. I looked up and the corner of my lip lifted.

I started studied your face even though I had done that many times before.  Your peaceful face when you were sleeping felt like there were no worries in the world. I started to hear your breathing. The rhythmic sound was so relaxing and I felt at peace.

Suddenly, I felt grateful. I felt grateful to have you by my side. I have no idea, and couldn’t remember how it happened. All I know, we started out as strangers, to colleagues and then to friends. And right now, you are the most important man of my life.

When I was at my lowest, I thought I would never be happy again. I became slightly self-destructive and didn’t even try to pick myself up. However, you saw me being down and tried to pick me up. You were so sweet, caring, and gentle despite the character you portrayed on the show. I felt so comfortable with our every interaction and it made me smile once again.

I snuggled closer to you. Breathing in your scent, I felt protected to be by your side. I never felt so certain of my future till I got together with you. All I want was to do crazy thing, start a family and spend the rest of my life with you. I shifted up close to your face and leaned in for a kiss. Then, I saw your eyes slowly fluttered opened in shock. However, you smiled as soon as you saw me smiling.

“Hey baby.” You sleepily said. “Why aren’t you asleep? Did something happen?”

“Nothing.” I replied. “I love you Jong Kook.” Hearing that, you smiled and reciprocated my kiss.

“Try to get some sleep, we are going to have a long day tomorrow.” You said caringly. I turned my back against your chest and you enveloped me into your embrace. Resting on your warm chest, absorbing your warmth, I felt protected. I caressed your broad arms and held it close to me. I heard you humming a tune and that instant I know, this is my happiness right now and I never want it to end.


I was sleeping soundly and then I felt someone’s lip on mine. I woke up and found someone smiling at me. You, this woman that had never failed to surprise me at your every action. Your sudden kiss was unexpected. But I loved it.  I smiled back.

“Hey baby. Why aren’t you asleep? Did something happen?” I asked, worrying that there was something troubling you in the middle of the night.

“Nothing.” You replied, and then the next words you said made my heart flutter. “I love you Jong Kook.”

Immediately, all I know was to kiss you to show my feelings for you. Even though I wanted to express you how much I wanted you at that moment, I know we were going to have a long day at filming tomorrow. So, I told you to get some sleep and hugged you closer to me. I hummed a tune as I felt your dainty hands caressing my arms. Within seconds, you fell back asleep. I your head lightly and inhaled your scent. Though I can’t see your face, but I know that sleeping face you had looked peaceful, it was as though nothing in the world was going to break you.

There was a point of time, I remembered you being down but you concealed it well with your acting ability. But somehow, I felt that sadness. Or maybe, I was feeling the same sadness. We were like two broken hearted souls that connected at that instant. You always thought that I’m the one who picked you up at your lowest. But the truth was, you were the one who picked me up when I was at my lowest.

We started out as stranger, and honestly, you did not leave a deep impression on our first meeting. Yet, we got attracted to each other as we were working together. No one knew when how did it happened and frankly, we did not know either. It happened naturally that it was almost impossible to pinpoint how did it started. The only thing I know, you are the woman of my life, the one I never want to let go.

I stood up slightly and kissed your cheek lightly. “I love you too Ji Hyo.” I whispered into your ears. Although you were sleeping, I saw you smiling to yourself unconsciously and it was so uplifting. I never want that smile of yours to fade.

I don’t know what the future holds, and we might be facing many difficulties when more people knew about us. However, it did not matter. As long as I’m with you, I know everything else did not matter. We would overcome all our problems together. You are the happiness of my life and I want to spend the rest of my life with you.

And I hope, you would feel the same way when I pop the question tomorrow.