Final

I'm Okay... Am I?

                  “Jiyoon-ah…” He called me.

                  “Eum?” I look up, make me meet his stern face. He looks straight into my eyes for awhile, and then avoids my stare.

                  “Let’s….”

 

                  I wake up abruptly from my very short sleep. I reach for my phone, it’s still 3 in the morning. I let out a sigh. It’s still 3 am. I had slept for an hour only. Thanks to that dream again..

                  I sit up on the bed, dart my eyes around my room. Sohyun is still slumbering peacefully right beside me. I get off the bed silently, try not to make any sound that can make her awake, and tiptoe to the door.

                  I step out from my room. No one is around, so I guess the girls are still in deep sleep. I walk to the sink, turn on the tap and sprinkle my face with tap water. I look up just to meet my reflection in the mirror. I let out a big sigh and mess my hair. It was years ago, Jiyoon-ah! Why did you dream about it again? Move on, will you?

                  As I get myself a drink from the fridge, I hear a door opened behind me. I turn my head, and see Gayoon looks at me with her frowning.

                  “Jiyoon? Still up?” Gayoon walks to me while squints her eyes. I smile at her and have myself sit on the chair next to the dining table.

                  “No I’m not. I’m in sleep-walking. See! I’m closing my eyes right now,” I pretend to close my eyes, and chuckle a bit. Gayoon joins me and sits across my seat.

                  “What did happen? Did Kkwonsso swing her feet to your face again?” she raises an eyebrow. I laugh at her question.

                  “No no no! Nothing had happened and Kkwonsso didn’t do it. I just awakened by.. something?”

                  Gayoon creases her forehead. “Something? Don’t tell me… that dream again?” she raises an eyebrow, waits for my answer. I remain silent for awhile, and nod hesitantly.

                  “Hm yeah kind of..” I smile half-heartedly.

                  “Jiyoon-ah..”she calls me softly, puts her left hand on mine. I look up, to see her stare softens.

                  “No matter how hard for you to forget him, you must get out of this black shadow. You must keep moving on, Jiyoon-ah. It’s been years already, and yet you keep mentioning that your last date was a secret on several broadcasts. You need to find someone else, Jiyoon-ah. I bet he has someone else in eyes already,” she caresses my hand, looks straightly into my eyes. I hang my head low, I need time to forget him completely. I do wonder myself why I still keep him in my mind for these three years. I need to find someone else. Yeah, I need to move on.

                  “Jiyoon?” Gayoon taps my right arm, tries to snap me back from my thought.

                  “Eum.. yeah?” I look up.

                  “Did you listen to what I said just now?” she raises an eyebrow. I just chuckle a bit.

                  “Yeah yeah I did! Don’t worry,” I grin cheekily. “I’m trying to, Gayoonie. I wish I could forget him that easily. I wish I could kick him off my mind. But once again, it’s hard.. I don’t know how to detach him away. What should I do?” I look down. Gayoon’s eyes soften, and hold my chin with her thumb and index finger.

                  “Yah, look at me.” I look into her eyes. “You still have me here. You have your 4minute girls. Believe me, one day, you will meet someone better than him. Hm?” she shows me a genuine smile. I just look at her without giving any reaction. She gets off her seat, and turns down to look at me again.

                  “It’s still 3 in the morning. Go sleep again!” she pulls my arm up, tries to make me stand up. She pushes me by my shoulders to my door. Before leaving, I stop her wrist.

                  “Why?” she turns her back, facing me.

                  “Why did you wake up so sudden? At this hour?” I throw her an innocent expression. She just chuckles at my face, and ruffles my hair.

                  “I heard sounds coming from the kitchen. I thought there was a cat or robber mess our kitchen or what, so I just checked up. I didn’t expect you to be there though,” she laughs a bit.

                  “Ah, Jiyoonit! Don’t forget about this morning’s appointment with Hong abeoji,eo? So you MUST wake up early, got what I mean?” she says, emphasizes the term ‘must’ in her words.

                  “Yeah I got it, ma’am!” I salute her, chuckle to myself. She slaps my arm lightly before going inside her room.

 

----

 

                  Jintaek oppa picked me up this morning. Fortunately Namji eonni kept sprinkling water onto my face so that I could woke up, or else I would be late for today’s appointment. So here I am, standing in front of Hong abeoji’s office. Moojin samcheon told me that abeoji had waited for me inside. I knock on the door, try to be as polite as I can. I open the door a bit, just to face abeoji talking with someone inside. He notices me right after I opening the door wider. There is abeoji and… him.

                  “Oh, Jiyoon-ah. Come here! Have a sit!” Abeoji points an empty seat across that guy. I try not to look bitter in front of them. I bow a bit, show them my genuine smile, and walk to where the empty seat is.

                  “Sorry for coming late, abeoji,” I said to him apologetically. He smiles heartedly, assures me that it’s not a big matter.

                  “As the both of you are here already, let’s start our appointment today. I have something to say to both of you. ” he said. From the corner of my eyes, I can feel that he is looking at me for whole time. I try to focus to what abeoji will tell us, try not to notice his present in this room.

                  “I just had a meeting with Immortal Song’s PD yesterday. He wanted me to send one of our girls to join them. Well, as we can’t realized your solo debut for this time period, we want you to join this program. You can learn many things from seniors of the program. We want you to improve your skills in many aspects. How’s the sound? Do you mind to join it?” he asks me, raises his eyebrow as waiting for my respond. Immortal Song? The program where professional singers compete each other to get 1st place? Of course I will! I envied Yoseob oppa when he first joined it. And now I will be one of the participants? I wont miss this chance!

                  “I’d love to, abeoji! I’ve dreamed of joining them for God knows how long it is!” I chuckle. Abeoji laughs after hearing what I said just now. He shakes his head and pats my shoulder.

                  “Glad to know that. I know our Jiyoon wont let this chance away. The recording will be in 2 weeks, so you must work harder! People said that it was quite hard to be the winner of each episode,” he smiles at me. I smile at him, nod my head as I understand what he said.

                  “And for Junhyung…” he falters, turns his head towards Junhyung oppa. “I guess you have known why I called you here?” I look at Junhyung oppa. I notice his gaze at me for a second, and then hang his head low.

                  “What are you gonna do with this? I give you choices, you want to keep it as secret or confirm it, it’s on your hand now. I know you have thought over it all day long.” Eh? What did happen?

                  “I called Hara’s CEO an hour ago. He told me that he was alright with going-public-relationship. If you agree with them, we will confirm it. So the decision is in your hand now.” Hara? Goo Hara? Is he.. in relationship with her?

                  I keep staring his face. He looks up, his eyes meet mine. I crease my forehead, show an I-need-an-explanation expression to him. He lets out a big sigh, turns his head to abeoji.

                  “If she agrees with it, I will do the same. You can confirm it, sajangnim,” he meets my stare once again, and looks down. Gayoon was right… he has someone else already. Forget him, Jiyoon-ah. Forget him…

                  “You sure? You will face the risks by yourself, Junhyung-ah. You can loose your fans, and gain antis. Are you okay with it?” Abeoji’s eyes soften. He looks at Junhyung oppa in care, like he doesn’t want his own son to deal with the hardships by himself.

                  “Yes, I am. I will cope all the risks.”

                  “Okay then. But remember, things will be difficult for you to cope with after this. We will try to help you as much as we can.” He taps Junhyung oppa’s shoulder, tries to reassure him. Junhyung oppa smiles a bit, and nods his head.

                  “Alright, you two can go back now. Keep working hard for today!” Abeoji taps our shoulder one last time before letting us go. We both bow at him and leave the room.

                  “Jiyoon-ah…” he called me when we reached outside. It takes me awhile to turn my head towards him. I sigh, and look up at him reluctantly.

                  “Hm?” I press my lips, try to look normal in front of him.

                  “Congrats for joining Immortal Song. I know you’ve wanted to be one of participants for so long.” He smiles. I smile back.

                  “Thanks, oppa. Yeah I’ve dreamed of joining this program for so long,” I grin a bit. Then here we are, looking at each other in silence. It’s so… awkward.

                  “Ah, and.. congrats for you and Hara. You two look good together,” I smile half-heartedly. I notice his gaze softens. He smiles back.

                  “Thanks, Jiyoon-ah. Please give us your blessing,” I keep my fake smile in front of him. I nod my head reluctantly, while show him my fake smile.

                  “Ah… I need to go now, my girls are waiting for me. See you,oppa..” I bid him goodbye and turn my back towards him. As I step away, I heard he called me once again.

                  “Jiyoon-ah…” I stop my step, not turning my head nor answering him.

                  “Are you…okay?” He asks me, hesitantly.

 

3 years ago…

 

                  From : Junhyung oppa~

                  Let’s meet now. I will wait for you at the rooftop.

                 

                  Eung? Why so sudden? I leave my thought aside, step out from practice room, and hum happily to the rooftop.

                  “Shall I buy some drinks for us?” I mumble. I check my wallet and decide to buy 2 cans of cokes for both of us.

                  I open the rooftop’s door, just to meet Junhyung oppa standing, back-facing me. I tiptoe to his back, try my best not to make any sound that make him notice my present here. I put his cold can of coke on his cheek, just like what he always does to surprise me. He flinches in respond, and looks at me through his shoulder. I laugh heartedly, walk to his side.

                  “Was I surprise you?” I grin cheekily. He smiles a bit, and looks away.

                 “Let’s sit first,” he pulls me along to an empty bench behind us. He sits first, and taps an empty space beside him. I sit beside him.

                  “What is it?” I look up at him. He takes a glance at me, and looks away, again. Is he avoiding staring my eyes?

                  “Mm Jiyoon-ah… it’s been 2 years since we decided to start this relationship, rite?” he looks weird. Indeed weird. I just nod my head in respond.

                  “What’s wrong oppa? Is something bugging your mind?” I reach for his hand and caress it.

                  ““Jiyoon-ah…” He called me.

                  “Eum?” I look up, make me meet his stern face. He looks straight into my eyes for awhile, and then avoids my stare.

                  “Let’s…. break up.”

                  It takes me awhile to digest what he said to me. Is he for real?He is throwing jokes to me, rite? He didn’t mean it… did he?

                 “Oppa, are you thr-“ he cuts my words before I finishing it.

                 “I said, let’s break up, Jiyoon-ah.”

                 “But… why? Why for sudden?” I try to hold my tears. No, you can’t cry, Jiyoon-ah. Not in front of him.

                “We do know that the both of us will debut soon. I don’t think we can keep this relationship longer.”

                “We can try, oppa. We haven’t tried it though-“

                “I can’t, Jiyoon-ah.. I can’t… please understand me…”I look down. Without realising it, I drop a tear. No, I can’t hold it any longer. I find myself sobbing afterwards.

               “Jiyoon-ah… I’m sorry…” he places his hand on my shoulder. I can’t look at him right now. I look so pathetic.

              “Don’t mind me.” I wipe my tears away, try to stop my tears, although I know I can’t stop them. I stand up from my seat, wipe my tears once again without looking at him.

             “Be happy, oppa. Be happy without me beside you. Sorry for bothering you for these 2 years. I leave now,” I walk as fast as possible. I can’t be here with him any longer. It hurts me to see him when I know he isn’t mine anymore. I run downstairs, look for a space for me to pour out my feeling, alone.

 

            I close my eyes. I drift back to those memories, the dark past of me. Why must they come to me again? Those memories…

           I look up, let out a sigh. “Yes, I am,” I answer him without turning my head back. Yeah, I’m okay. I guess I am…

          “I’m going first,” I continue my step, walk away from him.                 

 

 

September 8, 2011

 

                  “Aww Jiyoonie~ will miss you here,” Hyorin hugs me tight. Byunghee oppa and Jay oppa are behind us, laughing at our actions. She lets me go, and I turn back to see Kyuhyun oppa approaches me.

                  “You’ve worked hard, Jiyoon-ah,” he offers me his hand. I reach for his hand, and shake it lightly.

                  “You’ve worked hard too, oppa. See you… when we meet!” I grin cheekily. He chuckles, ruffles my hair.

                  “Will miss these two competitors so bad,” Huhgak oppa butts in, earns laughs from them.

                  “You two must comeback here again, arasseo?” Byunghee oppa demands. Kyuhyun oppa and I just chuckle.

                  “You need to deal with our CEOs first, hyung!” Kyuhyun oppa hits Byunghee oppa’s arm lightly. Once again we laugh heartedly, until I feel buzz coming from inside my pocket. I reach for my phone, check it to see a message from Jintaek oppa. Time to go…

                  “Oh, I’m so sorry, guys. I need to go first. Let’s meet later!” I bid them goodbye and run to our van in front of the building. Without noticing my around, I bump into someone in front of me. He holds my wrist in reflex and pulls me towards him. I squeak in respond. We both fall on the floor. Oh no, technically I fall on top of him. Err… awkward position.

                  “Eum… Jiyoonie?” I look down to find Sunggyu oppa below me. Wait… Sunggyu oppa?!

                  I abruptly get up from him, and offer him my hand. “Omg Sunggyu oppa! So sorry I bumped into you, err my carelessness. Are you hurt anywhere?” I check for him from bottom to top. He chuckles on my action.

                  “I’m okay, Jiyoon-ah. Thanks for concerning me,” he laughs. I scratch the back of my neck, form an awkward grin.

                  “What’s make you so rush up by the way?” he tilts his head, forehead furrowing.

                  “Ah, it’s just… Jintaek oppa is waiting for me downward. I need to rush to my next schedule. How about you,oppa?”

                  “I have an appointment with a PD-nim here. So… see you around?” he smiles at me widely, shows me his eyesmile. I feel my heart beats rapidly. What’s with this weird feeling?

                  “Ah… yeah, see you around,” I smile awkwardly. As I start to walk away, he calls me again.

                  “Ah, Jiyoonie! You haven’t changed your number yet, rite?” I widen my eyes in surprise. Oh no, my heart…

                  I look back. “Yeah I haven’t… Why?” I ask reluctantly.

                  “It’s nothing. Will text you later!” he bids me goodbye and runs inside the building. Text me later? I didn’t hear it wrong, rite?

                  I smile at his words. I feel something buzzing inside my pocket again, and it got hit me. omg Jintaek oppa! I run as fast as I can to the van.

 

 

Ttanttaddanttaa~~~ I'm back!! haha

sorry for taking too long to post this story, too busy with my final exam that made me postpone this story TT

Well, I casted Jintaek oppa here since he was still 4minute's manager at that time. Hurr I miss him so bad TT

And about Moojin samcheon, he is Hong abeoji's secretary! hehehe

Ah, I'm planning on making a sequel for this story, but later when I finish my exam ><

OMG my final exam is next week!! Wish me luck!! ><