He's different

As your shinigami I will always save you

Even as a shinigami I go to school, but of course in human form. As shinigami, no one would see me because I’m like a ghost in this form. That’s the reason that humans cannot see me or other shinigamis. But sometimes I feel like I’m a human. I do that especially when I am sitting in school and have to listening to the teacher. I’m always happy when the clock rings and everybody leaves the school. Nevertheless it’s only pastime. I do it because there is no job for me I can carry out and there is no bad spirit I should kill. Sometimes I asked myself, whether they hide or are scared. Because they don’t show up, I’m bored and tried to find friends here. But somehow only girls looking at me, boys don’t want to talk with me. In my class room I am sitting alone and in breaks I standing far away from the others. Sometimes I feel like I am a bulling victim. Anyhow, I don’t have problems with it. So I cannot prattle away at least. Although ... no one would believe me, I am sure.

One day our teacher was too late and I wonder about that, because it’s not common.  He positions himself in front of the class and gets loud.

“Girls, Boys, silence! Today we get a new class mate. Please are nice to him, okay?” Then he picks the young boy inside and introduces him to the class. “This is Lee Tae-min. Tae-min, you can sit over there” The teacher pointed his finger on the empty chair next to me. The boy, called Tae-min, nods and takes place beside me. He smiles when he greets me.

“Hi, I’m Lee Tae-min. What’s your name?“ I looked at him, think about whether I should gave him an answer or not. But I decide to show him my pleasant side.

“I am Kim Ki-bum, nice to meet you.”

“Do you know something about the school and the rooms? I don’t have any knowledge and I’m sure I get lost here if no one would help me.” I laughed and smiled at him.

“I’ll help you, don’t worry. Everybody has been in your position.” I explain to him. He didn’t lose his smiled face.

“Thank you, Ki-bum.”  Then we concentrate on the lesson. The whole day I showed him important places, rooms and our cafeteria. He seemed grateful because I sacrifice my breaks for him but I didn’t care. I have no friends and nothing to do. He looks just right.

After our little tour in the end of our school day he asked me whether I can bring him back to his home.

“If not, it’s fine.” he continued. But I consent and walk with him to his house.

“Hey, Tae-min, tell me please why you come here.” Tae-min nods and starts to tell his story.

“It’s because of a big problem. In my old city there was something what attacked me. Don’t take me for stupid now, but I guess it was a kind of ghost what hurt me.” He has a serious face during his story. I believed every word what he said. “But this was only the beginning. It attacked my friends, my family and my teachers. But we decide that we don’t tell anybody about that. No one would believe us. It’s the same at you, I’m right?” I shake my head.

“No, I believe you. Please continue your story.” He nods.

“After we decide for moving I told my parents they shouldn’t come with me because it’s too dangerous if this creature would come back. So, moved alone and I live in a small apartment downtown. “ I shocked. Does he really believe that a bad spirit will give up if the human move away? I’m sure he will come back and he will extinguish the soul of Tae-min.

“Hm… Your story is interesting” I said. “But I’m worry about you. If you feel that something is wrong, please call me. I’ll help you.” I write my phone number on a little sheet of paper and gave it to him.

“Thank you for your help today and for the nice gesture. I’ll call you if something is wrong, I promise.” His eyes twinkle. “Here is my apartment.  Thanks for today, again. See you tomorrow in school” He smiles like he always does and goes inside. I stay until he was in his room, then I walk to my home. All the time I think about Tae-mins story in his old hometown. As shinigami everything was clear. A bad spirit wants his soul. But I don’t expect that he will come too fast.

When I was at home I sat in front of my window like every day and looked outside. Seoul seemed to be very calm. But something was different. I think about it but I can’t find out what’s up. Then my cell phone rang. I take it.

“Kim Ki-bum.” I said and a faint voice talked to me.

“Here is Tae-min… This awful thing is back. Help me!” I hear a loud scream what Tae-min definitely not hear but he scream, too. Probably he can hear this spirit. I’m worried about him and ran out of my house.

Now it’s time to be a shinigami and stop this ugly thing, which is called ghost.