Final

Kiss In The Rain

That day their school was having a big basketball match against another school. Luhan and the team participated. Their team was also known as the top basketball player of the school. Taeyeon and Sunny already made a promise to watch the match together and they had to do something after the match over.

Yeoboseyo? Huh? You can’t come?” Sunny widened her eyes.

But Why, Taeyeon-ah?” Sunny panicked.

That’s because I have a very bad fever. *cough. I’m sorry, Sunny-ah. But you’ll have to do it alone. Do your best.” Taeyeon said through the phone.

It’s Impossible. I… I’ll just go home.” Sunny mumbled.

What did you say? Yah! Sunny-ah. Today is the day you decided to confess, right? If you don’t confess, I’ll no longer being your friend.” Taeyeon threatened.

Okay, I’ll try later. Uh, Tae. I have to go now, the match is about to start.” Sunny sadly ended the call.

Since Taeyeon couldn’t come, Sunny watched the match alone. She didn’t pay much attention to the match because she was nervous and started to think on how to start the confession. Sunny was having a big crush on Luhan since the first time she saw him half year ago. She found herself captivated by his handsome face.

After the match ended, Sunny took her step out of the gym and walked straight to the waiting room where the basketball players rest. She inhaled and exhaled slowly to steady her nerves as she nearly reached the waiting room. But then, she found out that there were some girls that already waited for Luhan in front of the waiting room to talk to him and some gave him present.

Sunny’s POV

The first time I saw him was half year ago. My friend invited me and Taeyeon to watch a basketball match at another school. In order for me to graduate from being only a fan so I decided to confess. But… when I saw Luhan looked so happy with the girls. I just… No. I can’t do it after all. I ran away and sat at my favorite place in our school garden behind the school building.

In the end, I wasn’t able to confess. I should’ve at least given him this present to his teammate and asked him to pass it on Luhan. *Sigh…

 

Oh, that’s Kris. And this present, should I just...” Sunny thought.

Hi.” Sunny said.

Uh, Yes?” Kris responded.

This is…” Sunny said hesitantly while holding the present.

Oh. Thanks!” Kris smiled and took the present from Sunny’s hand.

N-N-No. You’re wrong. T… T… This present is actually for Luhan.” Sunny stuttered.

Oh.” Kris arched his brows.

I’m very sorry. But can you pass this present to Luhan.” Sunny trembled.

But if it’s something like this, it’s better to give it right to the person.” Kris said.

Sunny sadly faced down.

Alright. I’ll pass it on. What is your name?” Kris took the present from her.

My name? Lee Sunny. Uhm… Thanks.” Sunny said. Kris nodded.

I wonder if it’ll be alright. Huh… I wasn’t able to confess. What should I tell Taeyeon.” Sunny thought.

When Sunny wanted to leave the school, she saw Luhan was standing in front of the school gate. He seemed like waiting someone.

Omo! It’s Luhan. Hasn’t he gone home yet? Did he accept my present already? What should I do?” Sunny said nervously.

Sunny wanted to approach him, when suddenly Luhan was waving at someone at another direction. Immediately Sunny looked at the direction. Sunny paused. “O…. Oh. A girlfriend...

 Sunny continued walking. That time, she wanted to go home as soon as possible. She wanted to cry but she couldn’t. She wanted to scream but she was weak.

Luhan was hugging her girlfriend and the one he waited was his girlfriend. The one that came in front of the waiting room before was his girlfriend. I see...

It hurts…

NO! It’ll be strange if Luhan has no girlfriend. He’s a popular guy. Huh… yeah.” She walked slowly and faced down.

***Sunny’s phone vibrates.

Yes, Taeyeon-ah.” Sunny said.

Did you confess properly?” Taeyeon asked.

Huh? Umm… about that…” Sunny hesitated.

You didn’t, right? I already knew that would be the case.” Taeyeon said.

Sorry.” Sunny said in a low tone.

It’s okay. I already placed a love letter in your present.” Taeyeon chuckled.

Sunny stopped. “You’ve… got… to… be… kidding… me...” She said to herself.

Yeoboseyo? Sunny-ah, are you listening? Yeobose…” Sunny ended the call and ran for her life.

This is not right, Taeyeon-ah.” Sunny ran as quick as she can.

All of sudden, the rain poured heavily. “This is a joke! Now what? Raining? Huh… I need to find some shelter. Oh. There.” She sighed deeply and went to the place that she found for shelter. “This is the worst. Rain, why today?” Sunny mumbled. She dried herself and cleaned her shirt for a while.

Hi.

Omma-ya!” The deep male voice startled her. Sunny turned around with a gasp and found out it was Kris.

Oh. Hi.” Sunny faced down. “This person… He’s the one I entrusted the present to.” Her mind said.

Uh. Uhm…

Yes?” Kris raised his brows.

The present, did you pass in on?” Sunny asked.

Uh. Ye… Yeah. He was happy.” Kris smiled awkwardly.

Is that so?” She thought. They both stayed silent for quite long.

HE-EY.” Another voice startled them.

What are you doing? Taking shelter from the rain?” Luhan with his girlfriend walked across the street.

Ah. Yeah.” Kris said. Sunny who stood beside Kris looked away. She didn’t dare to see Luhan’s face.

By the way, Kris. Did you already return that present to the girl named ‘LEE SUNNY’?” Luhan asked.

Ah. Uhm. Uh…” Kris stuttered. *OH CRAP! I’M DIED.

Okay, Kris. I got to go now. And don’t take advantage of taking shelter in the rain just so you could flirt with that GIRL!” Luhan winked and laughed.

Kris glanced at Sunny, He saw Sunny’s tear streamed down her cheek. He felt really guilty. But he didn’t know what to say.

Please return it to me.” Sunny said. Kris took the present out from his bag and passed it to Sunny.

But that guy did say that he’s grateful for your feelings.” Kris convinced her.

It’s okay. I didn’t know he had a girlfriend. I just did a really pathetic thing. I thought of going as far as confessing. I’m really pathetic.” Sunny wiped her tears. Kris stared at her face deeply.

No. You’re not pathetic! What’s bad about telling the guy you like on how you feel? Isn’t it great thing? I respect you. Not like me, I haven’t confessed ever.” Kris explained and faced down.

Sunny surprised. “You’re kidding. You seem to be popular.

Yeah. I know I’m popular. That’s why I’m always being confessed to.” Kris winked naughtily and chuckled.

Both of them laughed. Sunny took a glanced on her present and opened it. “Here, please use this towel. You’re head sopping wet.” Sunny stand on tip toed and put the towel on Kris’s head. Kris was speechless and blushed.

B-B-But… this is what you wanted to give Luhan.” Kris said.

It’s okay.” Sunny smiled.

Thank you.” Kris smiled happily.

He stole a glance at Sunny. “Hey, aren’t you wet as well?

Huh? Is that so?” Sunny asked.

Yeah. Come here.” Kris took the towel and placed it on her head and wiped it softly. Sunny paused and widened her eyes. Their faces were so close till Sunny could hear his shaky breath.

Um. Do you normally do this kind of thing to every girl?” Sunny bravely asked him.

No.” He said shortly and faced another direction.

Sunny tried to find his face. “Oh my… He’s super red.” Sunny chuckled as she saw Kris’s face. Kris pretended didn’t see that Sunny was actually looking at him.

This guy… is rather different from what I imagined. He is somewhat… cute. Hee…” She thought and laughed softly.

Hey. Hey. Hey. What are you laughing at? Is it about me? Huh?” Kris asked angrily.

PUHAHA.” Sunny laughed. She couldn’t stop laughing when she saw Kris made his angry face.

What is it already?!” Kris pouted. He was offended.

*Phone rang.

Ah. It’s mine.” Kris said. He just stared at his cell phone.

You won’t answer it?” Sunny asked. He let his phone rang till it stopped.

Yeah. I’ll answer it again when I’m free.” Kris said and put his phone back to his pocket.

***His phone rang again. Kris ignored his phone.

Does this mean he is not free now? Even he is just waiting for the rain to stop?” Sunny looked at Kris.

It’d be better if the rain doesn’t stop. I just had broken heart… but having this kind of feeling, I wonder why it’s strange?” Sunny thought. Kris secretly took a glanced on her.

Suddenly, a girl with an umbrella appeared in front of them. “Hi, Kris Oppa. What are you doing here?” The girl asked. “I’m waiting out the rain.” Kris said. “Okay. Come on then, Oppa. I can share my umbrella with you. Heehee.” The girl said with her killer aegyo.

Kris looked at Sunny. “Just go. I’m fine.” Sunny said with a forced smile. “OK. I’ll go.” Kris said without looking back. Sunny felt a little bit disappointed and sad.

Can we drop at the convenience store for a bit?” Kris asked the girl. “SURE, I want to buy some juice too.” The girl said happily.

Somehow Sunny felt jealous just by looking at them both. She sighed and looked down at her shoe. “I wonder if that was his girlfriend. That means it shouldn’t matter to me at all. Yeah… we were only waiting for the rain to stop. For just fifteen minutes. Even though…

Hi.” Kris appeared with an umbrella in his hand.

Eh…” Sunny paused.

Sorry for being late. I bought this umbrella for you.” He smiled sweetly and scratched his non-itchy head due to shyness.

Sunny couldn’t help herself. She felt really touched and hugged Kris tightly. Kris was surprised at Sunny’s action. His eyes widened and his heart beat wildly. “This small girl, what did you do to me?” Kris smiled and hugged her back. “Hmmm… her hair smells good. Smells like apples.” Kris her hair gently.

Kris broke the hug and bravely lifted her face and kissed Sunny on her both cheeks. He kissed her right cheek first and said “Will you join me go out into the rain?” Sunny chuckled at Kris action and said “Yes.” And then, He kissed her left cheek and said “Will you go out with me?” Sunny smiled sheepishly and said “Yes. I’d be very happy.” Sunny burried her face in Kris’s chest due to embarrassment. Kris chuckled. Kris embraced her warmly and kissed her forehead.

The End…

__________________________________________________________________________________________

A/N:

So, what do you guys think? Feel free to comment. ^^ Please correct me if I made a mistake. :) Thank you for reading. <3