Colours

Colours
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N – Okay so I was supposed to post this the day after I posted the forward but I got distracted…by Hyukjae. And I just finished this now. I hope you liked this though I was, once again, overwhelmed by the upvotes and comments. I do love you guys but sometimes you make me scared to post the story because I worry if I may disappoint you. Anyways, this isn’t as heart wrenching-gy or dramatic like my recent oneshots so please dont expect much

 

 

 

Hyukjae was a bright boy, a regular bundle of joy one might say from the way he smiles and from the way his laughs were so addictive, eyes always shining and skin around it crinkling in a manner that he did not like yet he still smiled brilliantly at everyone because he was always happy to see them. Even bullies and teachers had a soft spot for the boy. Well for him and his innocent child like best friend Donghae because both were so cute that it was hard not to like them.

 

But then there was also Sungmin, who though was cute and all just as were Donghae and Hyukjae, but there was a reason no one crossed his path. He was a martial arts protégé and no one wanted to suddenly find themselves kissing his nun chucks – which he liked to carry around just in case and Hyukjae and Donghae swears that he has a sadistic streak from the way his eyes sparkles whenever he uses them -  because they dared to bully him or say something mean to Hyukjae and Donghae. Sungmin was like a big brother to his dongsaengs, adorably bunny like to them yet ferocious and fear inducing like a fox when angered…loyal and dangerous.

 

But in this mix, perhaps the most curious of all was Kyuhyun who completed this circle of friends. He was quiet and bratty, full of snark and always had a smart reply to anything you would have said except maybe to his friends but then sometimes they too were on the brunt of his sarcastic remarks because Cho Kyuhyun was Cho Kyuhyun and he rolled like that. He didn’t dance like Donghae and Hyukjae and he knew nothing about fighting unless it was to do it verbally - that he could win without even trying. He was the school topper yet no one had ever seen him crack open a book or even pretend to at least listen to the teachers in class. Yes he was different from the others, taller than the other three, handsome with barely any reason to be called ‘adorable’ as the other three were called but there he was, part of that elite circle of boys that didn’t even know that yes indeed they were popular.

 

Best friends

 

But then came a day when one felt more.

 

*~*~*

 

Kyuhyun was huffing in annoyance when Changmin came to get him early in the morning from his classroom. He unconsciously pouted because he was using Hyukjae’s shoulder as a pillow and he was just getting nice and comfortable and sleepy when that stupid flagpole also known as Changmin decided that they were getting late and that he was an irresponsible brat and that they needed to go – but where?

 

Kyuhyun had conveniently forgotten that he was supposed to be part of his schools Math Olympiad team and he blames it entirely on starcraft and Hyukjae, who just won’t shut up about the new Iron Man movie that he had gone to watch with Donghae, without him, but really…it wasn’t his fault that he had forgotten. He just was a little distracted, that’s all. He gets distracted easily nowadays.

 

Kyuhyun groaned again as Changmin went into a long sermon about punctuality and how not being so affects ones future successes and how it can make one suffer the evils of laziness when Hyukjae turned to him, eyes wide and lips pouting a little because he had fully intended on making Kyuhyun go buy him his strawberry milk from the vending machine but instead he seemed to be needed somewhere else, “Kyu~nie…are you going somewhere?”

 

In the background Kyuhyun could hear Stupid-Changmin sniggering at the childhood nickname Hyukjae had given him and only Hyukjae had been allowed to utter it without inviting the wrath of the almighty Cho Kyuhyun – total annihilation.

 

“Yeah. Math Olympiad. Sister school. Today. Going now. Bye.”

 

And with that he left, mind still sleepy and effectively shutting off Changmin in his new lecture about too much sleeping and idle minds. Really it was too early in the morning for this, the homeroom teacher had not arrived and even half the students were not in.

 

Changmin should shut up really before he shoved his sock into his mouth.

 

And he would totally deserve it because he was taking him away from his favourite cushion – Hyukjae’s shoulder

 

*~*~*

Hyukjae sighed as he looked around the cafeteria, looking for the familiar tall figure yet not finding the one he wanted to see. Sungmin, who had just arrived, plopped down next to him, placing his lunch tray on the table before him. he poked the little foil ring on top of his milk carton and took a satisfying sip before turning towards his friend, lips still pursed adorably over the straw and eyes curious.

 

“You’re looking so blue Hyukkie. Why do you look so blue?” he asked, head tilted adorably to the left as he blinked at his best friend.

 

Hyukjae sighed as he stopped his search, turning around to look at Sungmin, a cute little pout on and cheeks puffed out, “Kyuhyunnie has gone to our sister school for the Math Olympiad and he still hasn’t come back and I really really miss him.”

 

Sungmin smiled at the plump lips jutting out and the chubby cheeks puffed, making their little friend look absolutely adorable, “Silly monkey.”

 

*~*~*

Hyukjae skipped all the way down the hall to his classroom, happy because he was going to see his friends and tell them all about the new dance step he had learnt while watching the Super Junior-M MV. Really Eunhyuk was so cool~. He was happy also because Kyuhyun must be back in school and even though the competition was only for a day, he had missed his snarky friend immensely.

 

“Good morning~” he chirped as he entered the classroom, smiling gummy at the few present classmates and his best friends. Donghae and Sungmin were already present – he pouted instantly…and unconsciously – because Kyuhyun wasn’t there.

 

“Morning Hyukkie~” his friends and classmates echoed back causing a smile to appear again as Hyukjae bounded in, bag bouncing on his back as he skipped to his desk where his best friends sat. “Hey Minnie. Hey Hae” he said while waving his hands cutely and then plomping down on his chair as he shook his bag off his shoulders. Hyukjae’s grin widened further when a sleepy voice came from the door, deep and clear yet

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter