N: Princess

You're my Voodoo Doll?

I can't get rid of my pain. It seems that every time I'm careful, I get hurt somehow. "Hyung, are you okay?" Ravi asks. I shake my head and lie back on my bed. I yelp at the new, stabbing pain on my back.

"Make it stop! Make it stop! It hurts so bad!" I cry out. Ravi and Hongbin both give me a strange and worried look. Despite being highly painful, I have no wounds or anything. Nothing to show for such awful struggles. It all started yesterday, and I know that someone has found the old doll from our music video, "Voodoo Doll." No one knows that it works on me.

"Hyung, do you want anything? I'd be happy to get you some pain killer or something," Ravi offers, but I shake my head.

"Ravi, I'll be fine. Please don't worry about me, okay?" I tell him. Hongbin leaves and Ravi takes one last look before leaving me. I let an awaited tear slip down my cheek. "I want my doll back, princess," I whisper. I feel like a crazy person talking to myself until I hear her voice.

I'm sorry. I need your doll.

I want to hear her again, just to make sure that I'm not out of my mind. I know I am out of my mind, but I want to know that someone can hear me. I don't reply to her, though, because I know she won't hear me.

"N! Come out here!" Leo yells out. I groan and leave my comfy prison to see Leo. "See? He's fine," he says, presenting me to the manager and laying a hand on my shoulder. My eyes widen in horror.

"Is something wrong, Hak Yeon?" our manager asked me. I shook my head.

"No, I'm quite alright, hyungnim. I'm just a little sore from this week. We have been dancing a lot," I explain with a shy smile. He smiles at me.

"I'm glad you're okay, N. Please get some rest," he says. I bow slightly and smile.

"Thank you," I tell him, returning to my room. I only rest in the hands of a girl that I have never known, and I can only beg for mercy to ease the pain she's given me. "Ease my pain. I know you can't hear me, but make it stop," I say out loud, hoping maybe I'll get a response. I don't, and maybe earlier was only a figment of my imagination. But it works as I feel some of my pain dulling. I slip off into my dreams, hoping to find the girl.

I imagine the girl, fittingly known as Princess, as beautiful. Long and wavy dark hair, creamy skin, and the prettiest brown eyes the world can give. She's also only a little shorter than I am, and she smiles when she sees me. Her smile can light up even the gloomiest moods of me. She doesn't frown or pout, and every centimeter of her body is pure perfection. And I could never want anyone else.

"Hyung! Wake up, we have to go to practice," Hyuk shook me awake. I nod and pull myself out of bed. I am so tired and sore and I don't want to go to practice, but the poor maknae pouts when I struggle to get out of bed. I ruffle his hair and smile at him.

"I'm okay. Don't worry," I say. The whole way to practice, I feel better. The girl must finally hold the doll dear to her now. The dance practice was fun for once, and I enjoyed myself when I finally forgot about anything known as painful.

The next day, we have to go out for dinner. I really don't feel like going. but maybe some food will do me well.

The car ride there is horrible. It seems that the girl has no mercy on the doll. Maybe someone broke her heart. Maybe her love was stolen. Maybe she only wanted someone else to take her troubled place. But I still feel horrible with a strict headache and my left arm and side are punished with sharp pain.

I close my eyes and imagine Princess hurting and crying, stabbing scissors into her rough doll side. I can't help her, but I still allow her to pretend the doll is the bastard that broke her heart. "Princess, please...." I mutter. My other members stare at me in confusion.

"Who's this princess, N?" Leo asks with a smile and a raised eyebrow. I shake my head.

"She's just.... my sad friend," I say. I have a burning desire to meet this dear Princess. She would be beautiful, and perfect, and-

"AHHH!! IT HURTS SO MUCH!!!" I yell out. I have tears rushing down my face now from my pain. I can't breathe now, because all the air was forced out of my lungs. There is nowhere on my body that doesn't hurt like I'm being brutally stabbed. My heart hurts most of all. Like Princess no longer has a heart, so she will abuse mine.

"Hak Yeon-ah, calm down. Are you okay?" Ravi asks me, laying a hand on my shoulder. I yelp and slap it away from my stiffly painful body.

"Should we go to the hospital? Is he okay?" Hyuk asks the others worriedly.

"Hak Yeon! Stop it! This isn't funny!" Ken yells at me. I feel the tears blooming in my eyes, blurring my vision.

"Yeah, Ken is right! Stop this right now, hyung!" Hongbin says, forcefully pushing my arm to open my eyes. The driver is pulled over now.

"Princess, you're beautiful," I say under my breath, hoping it'll stop my pain. I don't even know why, but I said it anyway. Seconds later, the sudden pain all moves to my heart. "Guys, let's just go on. I'm fine," I reassure my band mates. Hyuk is the most shaken up, with a terrified look is his innocent young eyes. The others just nod, knowing I would give no explanation. The driver keeps going, so I feel a little better. But my heart feels so abused, so hated, so painful...

We finally arrive at the restaurant, so my friends choose a place to sit. There are plenty of girls, staring and giggling, and asking for pictures. But I see one girl sitting alone, quiet and unknown to the others. She has cream colored skin, slight waves in her dark hair that covers her face... And she has something in her hand.

"Yah, Hak Yeon, what do you keep looking at?" Hongbin asks me. I quickly look back to the table and blush.

"Nothing, Hongbin-ah."

"Doesn't look like she's nothing. She's pretty, I'll give you that..."

"Hongbin!" I say playfully. He gives me a sly smile, and I gasp. "I don't like her!"

The girl looks up and glances at me. My cheeks are red from embarrassment now. I don't like that she is looking at me, but I have already drawn her attention.

"Hak Yeon, look. She noticed you. Don't be shy," Hongbin says. I'm paralyzed. I just stare awkwardly at the girl, but she seems so calm and almost interested. I give a small smile.

"N, wake up. Wave to her or something," Leo says. Ravi picks up my hand and makes me wave to her. She puts the thing in her hands down next to her chair and waves back with a warm smile.

"Nice job! Baksu for hyung!" Hyuk says happily, clapping for me. I notice that I'm still staring at her, so I look away quickly.

"Oh my god, you people are so humiliating..." I mutter under my breath. I'm still smiling, though.

"It's what we do, N," Hongbin says. I chuckle and glance up at the girl again, who is now talking to a waiter. I frown at the sight, but I quickly smile again to hide it from my band members.

Soon, we finish our meal. I'm unhappy to leave because I have to leave the girl. I start walking to the van when I realize that I left my jacket there. I run back inside and accidentally hit someone. "Oh, sorry," I say. It's the girl from earlier, biting her lip and holding something in her arms. "Hey, what's that?" I ask.

"Nothing," she says, quickly pushing through the door. I shrug it off and grab my jacket.

No one likes me anymore...

I'm suddenly warmed by the thought of Princess. "I do," I whisper to myself. I'm crazy. I can't believe I can hear her. Perhaps she can hear me, too.

I wish to meet her very soon.

______________________________________________________________________________

Hi! Sorry this chapter took so long. I got stuck a lot.... Next chapter (and the last chapter) may be shorter. Hashi Konata Hwaiting!