Start

Dangereux

 

Walking through the streets of London during fall was probably the highlight of her day. Seeing the sidewalks filled with the autumn leaves, the air crisp with a chill.

 

 

Nothing made her happier than being able to wear coats and scarves. Getting some hot coffee from the coffee shop right around the corner of her flat. 

 

 

Yoona was a simple girl, really. Well other than the fact that she wouldn’t be caught dead wearing any item of clothing that wasn’t branded. There was also her whole issue with being a daughter of a very wealthy, and powerful, family. Also, she was one of those girls that came of stuck up when you first meet them.

 

 

In other words, she wasn’t a simple girl. She just liked thinking that of herself, to fix whatever problems she had.

 

 

Don’t forget that she’s also an agent for the SIS, with her mother who was a highly ranked officer that turned into a chief. 

 

 

Life was exceptionally thrilling for her.

 

 

She loved the adventure, the danger.. Everything that came along with each one of her missions.

 

 

She could honestly say that she was content with life.

 

 

Everything was perfect. Being daughter of a CEO to Eastview Group, a company that owned just about everything in South Korea, and throughout Asia and Europe. With her father being able to get her everything she could possibly need, she didn’t really need her own career. 

 

 

She chose to work for the SIS, since she’s always loved Bond movies. Plus, having a mom who was a chief inspires you as well. 

 

 

She majored in International Relations at Yale, being top of her class as well. Yoona was exceptionally intelligent, and strong-minded. Her determination to become an agent was viewed as enough to get her to obtain her father’s approval in her choice of employment.

 

 

Her father would much rather have her work for his company. He always wanted her to either model for high-end brands like Dior, Armani, Chanel, etc. like her sister and brother, but she chose a different path.

 

 

Being the youngest in the family wasn’t as frustrating as it would have been for others. She got her way, she had nothing to complain about. 

 

 

Having hawk eyes, she caught a figure from the corner of her eye. She turned around and grinned, running towards the person. “Hey!”

 

 

The slender, but slightly built, man was in her sight. He bit his lip and opened his arms wide to embrace her.

 

 

“Hi Yoona, how are you? It’s been a while,” the man said, holding her lean figure.

 

 

The chestnut colored haired girl let go and smiled at him. “I’m good. What about you?”

 

 

“Never been better,” he flashed a smile back at her, showing off his recently whitened teeth. 

 

 

The man was Cho Kyuhyun. He was Yoona’s best friend since, well, birth. Their families were close since his dad was best friends with her dad. On top of that, they were also business partners as Cho Corporation was widely successful. 

 

 

Kyuhyun was born in Seoul, unlike Yoona, and moved to London when he was about seven years old as his father got remarried to a British woman named Heather. His step-mom was amazing, and treated Kyuhyun like her own son since his biological mother passed away from a brain tumor. 

 

 

The two held a special friendship. Yoona, being 26, and Kyuhyun at age 27, marriage should be in the near future for them. Since they both weren’t in relationships and never really tried to pursue one, their fathers set up an arranged marriage for them. Although, it wasn’t necessarily a bad thing. They were okay with it. 

 

 

They didn’t have to marry right away, but they could if they wanted to. In other words, they were each-other’s backups. In the next following years, if they completely fail and can’t find a spouse, they have one another.

 

 

It was sad really, but neither of them admitted it, since they were perfect for each other. 

 

 

“So, what are you doing this weekend?” Kyuhyun asked, as the two of them walked side by side in central London.

 

 

Yoona pondered for a moment, “Oh, my mom informed me this morning about some mission in Korea. She really wants me to take it.”

 

 

“You? In Korea?” He paused, “That’s a joke.”

 

 

The doe-eyed girl frowned. “How? I think it’s a perfect mission, especially for me. I haven’t been there in about two years!”

 

 

“Exactly! You know nothing about the culture, and your Korean isn’t that great,” he smirked, trying to push her buttons.

 

 

She rolled her eyes, “Okay, whatever. That’s preposterous. We all can see that I am full Korean.”

 

 

“Yoona.. Your father was born there, but moved here right after secondary school. Your mother was born right here in London. You may hold one-hundred percent Korean blood, but you just scream England every time you walk into a room,” he stated, crossing her arms as he glanced at her.

 

 

He was right, of course. When wasn’t Cho Kyuhyun right?

 

 

They finished up their little date with one another and headed their separate ways.

 

 

Kyuhyun was headed for the airport, as he was leaving for a day in Barcelona tomorrow, and Yoona was headed for the headquarters of the SIS.