Maintenant

L'avenir Est Le Passé

 


 

 

Life did not go to the way she expected. It never does right?

 

 

Wrong.

 

 

Everything went perfectly for the others. They were all living out their lives away from the world that almost corrupted them.

 

 

Yet, she, herself, wasn’t corrupted. A feeling of emptiness over powered her instead.

 

 

She was now 32 years old, and still in the entertainment industry. Some might say that she’s extremely lucky for still being able to capture the hearts of many with her acting.

 

 

You could say that she had it all.. The fame, the money, the looks.. But indifferently, she was alone. Her father passed away three years ago, her sister left for France a year later.. And her mother, was still nowhere to be found.

 

 

The rest of the members left the country, or moved out of Seoul into different parts of Korea. 

 

 

Seohyun, continued to get a doctoral degree in New York, and has been living there ever since. Sooyoung, moved to Japan, happily married to a famous chef. Yuri and Hyoyeon moved to Los Angeles, and are now both well-known dancers with their own studio. Tiffany, who married Choi Siwon, has a beautiful baby girl, goes back and forth from Seoul to L.A. 

 

 

Sunny, created her own line of makeup, and married Lee Sungmin. Jessica, with her own fashion company, is married to an American businessman, and has a two year old son. Taeyeon moved to London with her fiancé, Park Jungsu, otherwise known as Leeteuk, started their own business. 

 

 

They visited her occasionally, but they eventually grew apart. The only one she continues to keep contact on a daily basis was Jessica, who attempts to convince her to move to America, but always fails.

 

 

It was clear to her, and to the rest of the world.. She wasn’t going anywhere with her life. Being afraid of change was always a weak point for her. 

 

 

SM offered to keep her in their management as an actress after the group's contracts had ended. Of course, it was an offer she couldn’t resist at the time, as acting back then was her passion.

 

 

Three years later, now, it wasn’t.

 

 

 

 

Her penthouse is modernly decorated, full of pictures from the SNSD days. She keeps all these memories treasured, as she wishes to go back in time.

 

 

A ringing noise could be heard from the kitchen, and she rushes over to pick up her house phone. The phone barely rings.

 

 

 

“Hello? Im Yoona speaking,” she says excitedly.

 

 

 

A man can be heard clearing his throat on the other line. “Oh yes, Miss Im Yoona. This is Joey Ellingson. I’m a director for a Korean-American movie, and I was wondering if you would be interested?” He says in broken Korean.

 

 

 

She sighs and rests her arm on her counter, holding her head up by her hand. 

 

 

 

The conversation goes on, and she agrees to go check the ideas out at his local office the next week. 

 

 

 

It was typical for her to get these calls often. Her manager would then set up her schedule weekly, but wouldn't bug her about it because Yoona was good with sticking to the schedule. It wasn't like there was anything else for her to do.

 

 

Movies, dramas, CFs.. It was every girl’s dream, and once it was her’s too. 

 

 

 

Her cell phone then rang, interrupting her distressed thoughts. She picked up, speaking with no emotion, “Hello?”

 

 

 

“Wow, Im Yoona. What happened to you?” A familiar voice is heard, and her head perks up, immediately her mood starts brightening up.

 

 

 

“Oppa? Is it really you?!” Her twenty year old self comes out, memories rushing to her head. “I can’t believe it!”

 

 

 

Kim Heechul chuckles and begins, “Still calling me oppa... Well, let me in now! I’m in the lobby of your building, and they won’t let me come up!”

 

 

 

It was now Yoona’s turn to laugh. “Alright, alright!” She hangs up quickly, and phones the front desk to let her beloved best friend up.

 

 

 

After a few minutes, the elevator opens and a tall figure steps out, grinning.

 

 

 

“Heechul oppa!” Yoona runs up to him and embraces him.

 

 

 

He was one of the Super Junior members that she still was close to. They were all her favorite oppas, and she was their favorite dongsaeng. He came every once in a while to check on her.

 

 

 

“Ah, how is my favorite grandma doing?” The inside jokes were still present, even after all those years.

 

 

 

She giggled, “Good! How are you? Where have you been?”

 

 

 

“The question is, young one,” he paused for a dramatic effect, “Where haven’t I been?” 

 

 

 

Yoona raised her eyebrows and narrowed her eyes. “You’re seeing somewhere, huh? I can definitely feel that relationship aura from you..”

 

 

 

“Oh, you caught me!” He smirked, and sat down on her couch. “She’s from France, but she’s also half Korean.”

 

 

 

“Oppa, you totally scored!” 

 

 

 

They spent about the next two hours catching up on what has happened since last year, the most recent they’ve seen each other.

 

 

 

In the back of her mind, she was wanting to ask one certain question. One certain question about someone she hasn’t seen in two years. She just wanted to know how he was doing.. What his life is like..

 

 

 

“You’re thinking about him, aren’t you?” The upper corner of his lip tugged up to form a smirk. “I knew it.”

 

 

 

Yoona sighed, “Is it that obvious?” She pressed two fingers to her forehead. “This .”

 

 

 

“He’s okay, Yoong,” Heechul put his hand on her shoulder for support. “He’s definitely okay.”

 

 

 

Her brows were raised once more, and she frowned. “Where is he now?”

 

 

 

“America,” he stated.

 

 

 

“Where exactly?”

 

 

 

He laughed. “He’s in San Francisco. He has his own restaurant there.. Well actually he has his own building there too. He’s doing great, you know? He has his life together.”

 

 

 

“Yeah, I didn’t know,” she sighed, “Do you talk to him frequently?”

 

 

 

Heechul nodded, and his focus was at an object behind her. He reached over and picked up the frame with a picture of his two dongsaengs.

 

 

 

“You framed this picture? Wait, that’s not even the real question,” he chucked, “You have this picture printed?”

 

 

 

She pouted, “Ah, oppa.. Don’t judge me.” The silver colored frame was snatched out of his hands. “This picture holds a lot of memories.”

 

 

 

And there was it was, a memory of the 2010 popped into her mind. The memory of when he took the picture and uploaded it to Twitter with an obvious caption.

 

 

Heechul noticed how he lost her, as she’s too focused on reminiscing about the picture. He decided to tap her shoulder, “You okay?”

 

 

 

She breaks out of the trance and nods. “I will be.”

 

 

 

Sighing, he pulled her into an embrace. “It’s be okay, Yoong. You’ll find yourself, and a set future soon. I know you will.”

 

 

 

It was clear to him that she was unhappy. This poor girl in his arms has lost everything that was important to her. Her family, her members, and her friends. Everyone is either gone, or out of her reach.

 

 

 

She's left here, in the dark, however she’s always in front of flashing lights.

 

 

 

She shivered, and he realized that she was oddly cold. Taking a good look at her, he noticed her skinny arms, and how abnormally pale she was. Her collar bones were sticking out like a sore thumb.

 

 

 

“Yoong? Are you okay?” He asked for her well-being. 

 

 

 

Being an introvert she is, she froze, and didn’t answer. How could she explain this?

 

 

 

He knew what was wrong. It just wasn’t expected of her to do this again. Not after last time.

 

 

 

A few years ago, she tried committing suicide. She wasn’t in the right mental state, but no one knew about it. Expect for Heechul and Donghae. 

 

 

 

Ever since then, the doctors found our that she was anemic as well. Knowing what she had, she took advantage of her sickness and would always skip her medication and wouldn’t eat the right foods, causing her to faint and get sick multiple times. 

 

 

 

Getting frustrated, he stood up. “Yoona, come on. I’m taking you to the hosptial. You are getting out of hand. You’re not taking care of yourself.”

 

 

 

And with that, Heechul got up and and grabbed Yoona into his arms and carried her to the elevator. She began to lose conciousness, as all the blood flushed away from her face.

 

 

 

“Damnit Yoona,” he quietly cursed.