1

Bright smile

One day, Luna loses her smile.

 

She searches for it on TV, under the blanket of her memories, in the voice of her twin but it is nowhere to be seen. It is unexplainable, how her smile could be lost just like that, like a whisper running away in the cold dark night.

 

But it truly is gone. Luna can't smile anymore.

 

It isn't as if she was sad or depressed, in fact, she feels pretty happy with how her life is at the moment, so she can't understand why her smile would decide to disappear from one day to another. It isn't a tragic loss, it’s just confusing.

 

Amber is the first one to realize something is wrong.

 

"I'm okay, I just... can't smile. I don't know why."

 

Amber takes her to an amusement park and has her ride every single ride in hopes for her to get her smile back. And Amber being Amber, is surprised when, even when she is goofing around as always and Luna follows, she just never smiles. Not even once.

 

Worried, Amber talks to Victoria, who runs in rescue to get Luna's smile to its rightful place. She tucks Luna in bed, gives her hot chocolate, watches a funny movie with her wrapped in blankets. Luna is there, she is there and is real and having fun, but she just can't smile.

 

"Level 2, then" Victoria says getting up and going on to prepare a big meal out of Luna's favourite dishes.

Krystal comes in to the living room just as Victoria is cooking the second meal and looks at Luna questioning the leader's behaviour.

 

"She's cooking for me"

 

"Why?"

 

"I lost my smile"

 

Krystal asks one of the most simple questions.

 

"Have you looked for it?"

 

"Of course"

 

"Have you REALLY looked for it?"

 

"Yes"

 

Krystal tells her she's never seen anything like it before so she doesn't really know how to fix it. She tries tickling Luna, telling lame jokes and doing imitations. But it just doesn't work, nothing seems to work.

 

Then, Sulli comes in yawning, with her hair in a bun and her eye make up all over her cheeks.

 

"Yah, Sulli! you look like a panda!" Amber says laughing.

 

Sulli looks at herself at the mirror and starts laughing 'cause Amber is right. Victoria leaves the kitchen and gives sulli a tissue so she can remove it. Krystal is rolling her eyes at Amber but is also laughing softly. Luna looks at them, and she's happy to share these moments with these four other people. She's happy she's teamed up with them.

 

Suddenly, all of them look at her.


"Wow, unnie,  has your smile always been so bright?" Sulli says.