Started As A Normal Day

If You Love Something Set It Free

  It was just another cloudy winter day, as Kyungsoo awoke from his dreamless slumber. The doe-eyed male stretched his petite body and rose from his fortress of blankets to walk into his restroom, brushing his teeth he stepped into his bedroom again and walked into his closet.

  He grabbed his school uniform and layed it out on his queen sized bed and went to rinse his mouth out. He walked out again and began to dress in his uniform, which consisted of a navy blue jacket with the school insignia sewed on the upper right part of the jacket, a plain white button up shirt with a black tie, and a pair of slacks the same color as the jacket.

  He glanced at himself in the mirror and ran a comb through his black hair, letting it fall naturally into place. After he finished his daily morning routine, he headed downstairs to the kitchen where his adoptive mother was waiting for him with breakfast already on the table.

  Yup it was a typical normal day in the life of Do Kyungsoo, well at least that's what he thought...

Kyungsoo's POV

  As I ate my breakfast, I watched my mom move easily around the kitchen, always asking if I needed anything else. I knew she wasn't my biological mother, I found out when I was younger, but she always made me feel at home so it never bothered me.

  She told me that she adopted me a year after my parents died in a car crash and I was brought to the orphanage, turns out none of my other relatives would take me in.

  Mom said they believed it was my fault my parents died that day, but I was only three so I didn't see how I could have caused the accident.  

  After mom adopted me I got to meet my new family, Kim Joonmyun my older brother, he was moms real son, they're dog, Peaches, and also the house maids. Mom doesn't have a husband, which I think is pretty cool because it shows how strong she really is.

  I also got to meet Joonmyun hyung's childhood friend Kim Minseok, they both go to my school and there they are known as Suho and Xiumin, though I'm not so sure of the reason why.

  I have a close group of friends, no I lied, they're my best friends actually, who we'll meet in a bit but that was most of my past, so now back to the present. I was still eating when Joonmyun hyung came down the stairs, I looked up from my food, which was almost gone, and stared at him for a bit.

  I was always a bit jealous of hyung because he was probably the definition of a perfect son, he's very handsome and is kind to everyone. I use to wish on stars to be as perfect as he was, but compared to him I've always looked only average.

  Hyung walked over to mom and kissed her cheek as a greeting while grabbing his plate of breakfast,

  "Good morning mother" he smiled.

  "Good morning sweetie" she replied, then he turned to look at me.

  "Good morning Kyungsoo" he greeted as he ruffled my hair,

  "Good morning hyung" I answered.

  As both of them sat down to eat, I was just finishing up my food and decided I should start heading to school. I stood up from the table and turned towards my mom,

  "Mom I'm heading out now, thank you for the breakfast." I walked over and gave her a hug then turned towards hyung and waved bye.

  He nodded his head in acknowledgement, as he had food in his mouth, and then I turned and walked towards the door grabbing my backpack from the sofa, and then slid on my shoes.

  As I opened the front door, my mom called out to me from the kitchen and I turned my head in her direction.

  "Be home early today Kyungsoo, ok?" " I have a surprise for you!" She smiled, I looked at her confused,

  "Ok, yea sure thing mom" I answered.

  "Ok now go on to school, I'm sure your friends are waiting for you." I nodded then walked out and sure enough, all four of my best friends were waiting for me at the gate.

  As I reached the spot that they were standing at, they turned and waved at me.

  "Kyungsoo hurry up!" "We're gonna be late if you keep walking that slow!" And that is the eyeliner diva, who absolutely loves to overreact when it comes to small things because he says it's funny, Byun Baekhyun.

  "Stop screaming at him he's right in front of you dummy!" Oh and that's the sparkly eyed deer, who is dead set on believing that he's the manliest man ever even though he acts like a total diva, though he mostly gets it from Baekhyun, Luhan.

  Off to the side, giggling at the the older two's arguing, stood the "intimidating" wushu panda, who runs from ghosts and bugs, Huang Zitao.

  These three have been my best friends since the third grade, when we bonded over building a sand castle in the school's sandbox,  and almost beat up the kid that tried to knock our castle over.

  After that day we promised to always stick together and we vowed to always have each others backs no matter what.

  So now here we are, watching and listening to Luhan and Baekhyun play fight, and laughing at their childishness. Right now they chose to poke at each others weaknesses,

  "Well, you know what Luhan?"

  "What?"

  "You aren't manly cause wherever you go your followed by freaking rainbows and glittery unicorns!"

  "Oh yea!?"

  "Yea!"

  "Well I hope your eyeliner runs out or gets stolen while your trying to put it on!"

  "Ah! Take that back!"

  "Never!" Luhan stuck his tongue out at Baekhyun then turned and started sprinting in the direction of the school.

  Baekhyun stared after him for a few seconds before taking off after him, all the while yelling profanities directed towards the deer.

  Tao and I shared a look then burst into a fit of giggles as we walked after the other two towards school.

   After about ren minutes we reached the front gate of the school only to see both Baekhyun and Luhan holding onto each other, while sitting on the ground, trying to catch their breathes.

  "Well looks like you two had fun." Tao laughed.

  They both looked up and sent him a glare at the same time, which only caused Tao to laugh even more,

  "Hey don't look at me like that, I wasn't the one that decided to be Speedy Gonzalez for a day."

  I laughed and offered them two water bottles that I had packed in my backpack last night, then offered them each a hand to help them up.

  "Thanks Kyungie" they said.

  We turned towards the school, took a deep breath and began walking towards the front doors.

  Yup it started out a normal day, but I didn't expect it to change so unexpectedly. 

 

A/N: Kay so the first chapter is up, I hope you enjoy. Sorry for not updating I was just very distracted. I'm already starting the second chapter which should be up on Friday, and I will also update my other story on the same day as well because I'm almost finished with the next chapter for that one. So leave your comments and tell me what you think, please and thank you. Luv ya guys! ❤❤❤