New day (1/2)

Shingeki No Kyojin -Our Story.

10154788_230626290479280_245322934_n.jpg
My eyes open to a bright ray of sunshine, peaking in through the slightly parted curtains at the end of my room. It's just another pointless day. I slowly sit up in bed and rub the morning dust out of my eyes and wipe away all the wet drops from my face. A tired sigh escapes my lips as i flip my blankets off of me and walk to the curtains and shut them closed. My room once again fell dark. I liked it this way. The morning sun always hurts the most. Every morning was the same. I would always wake up, and wipe my face from any tears and get on with my boring day. I cried in my sleep., and i had no idea why. No matter how hard i thought, i could never remember any of my dreams. I turn to my door as it suddenly opens. "Oh! Goodmorning!" a bright voice called to me. This was my Aunt Vi. She isn't related to me in any sort of way but ever since the Titan incident four years ago, she  has been taking care of me. She pretty much saved my life. "I'm going to go out to buy some new fabrics and thread from the Market. I'll be be back in about an hour so okay?"She asked, throwing me one of her comforting smiles. I nodded my head. And just like that, she closed the door. Aunt Vi was a tailor, and made some of the most extravagent clothing. Everything she made was top quality, and everybody went to her if they wanted a good buy. I just so happen to be lucky, because Aunt Vi makes me clothing for free. Mostly because she made me try on the dresses and insisted that i must have them. "I never want so see you wearing anything else but the most devine clothing of all. My clothing." She always says. I decide to wash up, and enter the bathroom to my left. Luckily i got the big room of the house, because i have a washroom to myself, and Aunt Vi doesn't have to complain about it having no mirror. I walk over to the faucet and turn the handles. I wet my hands with water first, until i start to wash my face. After about ten splashes, i grab the towel on the shelve beside me and pat my face dry. I walk out of the washroom and shut the door behind me. I walk over to my wardrobe and open it up and stare at all the different articles of clothing. Dresses, skirts, paniers, bloomers, corsets, blouses, shoes- all the way down to socks and gloves. I start to pick out an outfit for the day. Even though i don't go outside, and haven't been outside in four years.
tumblr_lrqy8su57y1r27wqjo8_400.jpg

Dressed in a short red dress with matching red shoes and white tights, i sit by the window and look outside. I do this everyday. I watch and observe the people outside. Always wondering to my self; "How come its so easy for them to smile?..and why is it so hard for me?." There isn't an answer. And there possibly never will be. A long tired sigh escapes my lips. "No matter how much and how long i stare out this window... you never appear.". I hang my head. If i wasn't afraid to leave the house, i could have went searching for you. I wouldn't have felt lonely anymore. I would have my family back. And i could feel a tiny bit happy again. But i am too much of a coward. I don't have the strength. Therefore, i deserve what i am being put through.Because i am weak.

My stomach growls since it is completely empty. I decide to go down into the kitchen and make something sweet to eat. Once i am downstairs in the kitchen, i start collecting ingredients. Two cups of flour, two eggs, one cup of milk , one vanilla bean, three chestnut's and some sugar. In a big mixing bowl, i sift the flour into the bowl, adding the sugar and the egg. I mix the ingredients together and slowly pour the milk into the batter. Next i chop the vanilla bean and add it into the bowl also. When everything is mixed together, I scoop the batter into a muffin tray and put it into the oven. I wait.
~30 Mins later~
I take the muffin tray out of the oven
and take the three pastries out of the tray and place them on a plate. Carefully, i start to pipe a soft and creamy fondant i put in a piping bag and squeeze it ontop. Lastly, i add a chestnut on top. The Mont Blanc looks so tasty that i could have ate them all, but i put them on the windowsill to cool down.
Thanks to Aunt Vi, i am a pretty good baker.



       -----------------------



                As the clear crisp mountain air brushed Zen's face she took in a huge gulp of air. After four years or so of the titan attack on her town she had been living in small cabin she built herself. It was high enough to be away from  a normal Titan's reach. It was dark and secluded but had everything she needed to survive. There was a small lake nearby for her to drink water and wash herself. She usually hunted early and went to bed late. On this particular day she went out side and dug up a small pile of mud and decorated it.. as if it was a cake. As she lit a small match on it she whispered. "Happy Birthday.. Dad."  The one person she cared about most was taken from her. Gone. So now, she was used to being alone. She left the cake outside and went to the small lake to wash her hands. She would only occasionally make a long trip to a local town to get supplies. She usually traded meat for other things. As she was washing the mud of her hands she noticed her reflection in the water. I still look the same, just a little taller and mature. But still like a boy. After drying her hands on her pants she headed back to make herself dinner. " Hopefully something interesting happens". She closed the door behind her and the rain started to suddenly pour down. She looked outside her window. The small mud cake was melting before her eyes and the small flame died quickly. Her appetite was gone "Guess i should just sleep .. like always".

 


The Mont Blanc's were finally cooled, so i took them off the windowsill. I placed them on the dining room table and sat down. Digging my fork into one, i scooped off a piece and put it in my mouth. It was creamy, smooth and sweet. "Delicious" i thought to myself as i drown in its savory taste. No matter how much i ate these fattening pastries, i never seemed to gain any weight. I still remained the same. "Dainty and petite." I took another forkfull of the pastry
 .'Ding.....Ding.....Ding' the bell outside rang.
 This meant that the Scouting legion was back from their duties on the outer wall. Everytime i hear it.. it reminds me of Eren. He always told me how much me wanted to become apart of the Scouting Legion. And everytime that bell would ring, he would always make us come to see them enter the wall. His face was always filled with excitement and envy. A sigh escapes my lips. I continue to eat the sweet Mont blanc in silence .