Fin.

Dead Wrong

Having a gorgeous boyfriend was both a blessing and a curse.

 

Some days, it was refreshing, being next to someone so perfect in body and, sometimes, spirit. Other days, you would come this close to punching him in the face.

 

Today was one of those days.

 

--

 

“Brr…The weather’s really getting chilly now.” Wrapping your scarf more tightly around your neck, you squinted your eyes against the wind. A laugh sounded from next to you, and warm fingers wrapped around yours.

 

“Don’t worry, I’ll keep you warm!” you boyfriend JeongMin chirped, and you used your free hand to hit him lightly on the shoulder.

 

“Cheesy boy,” you laughed, and a comfortable silence descended over the two of you as you set off across the campus. As you walked, your linked fingers swinging between you, you could suddenly hear a babble of female voices.

 

“Lee JeongMin!” a girl called, and suddenly there were five around you, talking and laughing with your boyfriend, they chatted for a bit before finally leaving, but not before pressing a kiss to your boyfriend’s cheek. Your stomach squirmed uncomfortably, but you mentally steeled yourself. So what if he had a few good female friends? It didn’t mean anything.

 

Or so you told yourself as it happened a couple more times before you even reached your dorm. JeongMin kissed you quickly before leaving, but it left a bitter feeling behind. Shaking your head lightly, you unlocked the door and tossed your things on the floor. Tonight was your friend’s birthday party, and you would use that to forget about the problem of overly-flirtatious boyfriends.

 

--

 

You could hear the party far before you could see it. Rolling your eyes, you sighed. She had always enjoyed going all-out. Tugging at your ritzy party dress, you entered the door, greeting a few other friends and a couple of classmates before grabbing a brownie and seating yourself in the living room. The space had been mostly cleared for dancing, a DJ station set up in the corner. This allowed you a perfect vantage point to watch drunken dancers and find some blackmail material to hold over your friends’ heads. Smirking, you munched on your dessert as you scanned the crowd. Laughing at your friends’ antics, you continued to watch, but your smile dropped from your face. In the corner of the room, dancing with several girls, was JeongMin. He had his arms around them and was laughing with them, but as soon as he caught your stare he dropped them as if scalded. Standing, you marched directly over to him, grabbing him by the arm. Ignoring his yelp of discomfort, you pulled him towards the closest door. Stumbling into the cool night air, you pushed JeongMin in front of you.

 

“What the hell do you think you’re doing? Are you playing me?” you hissed, eyes slitted. “Do you care so little about me that you’re cheating on me?”

 

JeongMin’s eyes widened. “That’s not it at all!”

 

“Then enlighten me, oh innocent one,” you returned sarcastically, crossing your arms over your chest.

 

“Those people are nothing but my friends.” Seeing you open your mouth in objection, he pressed a hand over your mouth. “Really, hear me out. I know my friends are really touchy-feely, but I seriously don’t feel anything for them. They just asked me to come to this party to keep them company, since one of them just broke up with her boyfriend, and she wanted some emotional support.” JeongMin smiled gently. “Besides, they’re not my type at all. They’re all a bit plastic and fake-looking, to be honest.” Despite your frustration, you couldn’t help the giggle that bubbled up.

 

“You swear?”

 

JeongMin pressed a kiss to the corner of your mouth. “I swear. If you think I’d leave you for someone like that, you’d be dead wrong.”