Final

Happy Second Anniversary

"Sehun-ah, I’m home!" Luhan shouted as he entered the apartment, arms full of groceries.

 

"You should have called me when you were downstairs! I would have helped you." The said Sehun reprimanded his boyfriend once he dropped off the bags on the floor.

 

 

"What? You think I’m not strong enough?" Luhan asked back with a playful smile on his lips.

 

He didn’t have to be asked twice, Sehun put his hands on both sides of Luhan’s face and leaned to kiss the lips the sweetest way he could. The kiss was soft and brief but all Sehun’s and Luhan’s feelings were shared by the touch of their lips.

 

"You know I won’t be here for dinner, right? The guys and I are going to the restaurant... You sure you don’t want to come?" the older asked, pouting like a five years old boy.

 

Sehun shook his head from right to left before answering.

 

"They don’t like me Luhan-ah... Anyway, I see Jongin tonight so I won’t be bored, don’t worry."

 

Luhan’s pout disappeared quickly to be replaced by a much more erted look. His dinner wasn’t before an hour and by the look Sehun was giving him, Luhan could easily say that his boyfriend was hungry. Maybe a snack before the dinner was a good idea?

 

***

 

When he pushed the restaurant’s door, Luhan immediately spotted his friends sitting at the same table they took once a month. He loved this place, it was quiet and had a familial atmosphere; he should come here with Sehun someday.

 

As usual, Xiumin and Chen took a seat next to each other and Tao would sat on the side, while in front of him were Kris and Lay. The newcomer took the last seat next to Kris, interrupting the little chat between his friends.

 

Seeing them again made him feel better. It’s been what, weeks? Months? Even though he wouldn’t admit it right now, he missed them a lot.

 

"Hey Lulu! How are you?" They greeted him with worry written all over their faces.

 

Sure he looked a little weaker and thinner than the last time they had seen him, because he had caught the flu last week, but thanks to Sehun he was all good now.

 

The blond boy nodded in answer.

 

The conversation’s subjects passed from their regular life to the Hollywood’s gossips during dinner. It’s at dessert that Kris looked at Luhan and asked the boy the question which was on his tongue since his arrival, and was also the question Luhan wanted to answer since the beginning of the evening.

 

"So, what’s the news on your side Luhan?"

 

"Thank God, I was asking myself when someone’s would ask! Sehun and I are celebrating our second anniversary next week!" he shouted as happily as he could.

 

His friends’ faces automatically froze at Sehun’s name.

 

"We already told you Luhan..." Xiumin started with a worried look on his face.

 

"You shouldn’t be with him. It’s not good for you. You should just leave your apartment and forget about him already." Chen finished, his tone cold as ice.

 

The atmosphere dropped instantly. They were starting. Again.

 

"I told you Sehun was serious. We are together for almost two years and you’re saying I should leave him without even a glance? You s! How can you say that to me! After all we’ve been through together you could at least show a little of respect for the man I love!" he yelled at them before walking out, anger all over his face.

 

Now he remembered why he hadn’t seen them for a long time...

 

Flashback

 

At their usual Christmas brunch at the restaurant, the table was filled with Tao’s laugh and Chen’s anecdotes.

 

"Guys, I have something to tell you..." Luhan started, nervous as hell. "Sehun and I ..."

 

But the boy was cut in the middle of his sentence by no other than Xiumin.

 

"Don’t talk about him right now Luhan. Please don’t bring that during Christmas time."

 

End of flashback

 

Definitely, Sehun was right. They didn’t like him. He knew why, but deep within himself he was thinking that maybe after all this time they would have accepted the boy. Sure at high school Sehun was a bully, a player, a thief and a junkie but he had changed. For Luhan’s sake he had changed. Never would he do something bad to him, to us. 

 

As he entered the apartment, Luhan knew something was wrong. It was too silent. Too... empty.

 

"Sehun-ah?" he waited for an answer but nothing came out of the dark.

 

‘He was off to Jongin’s place tonight. Maybe he will come later and just forgot to leave a note.’ He thought before heading to his bedroom.

 

He the lights as he entered the room to go to sleep. The evening was tiring; the emotions were too much for him. The boy slowly put his pajamas on before going into his bed sheets and turned the lights off. He waited half an hour for Sehun to come home, but nothing; not even a call from his boyfriend who usually left notes every now and then.

 

***

 

The morning after, Luhan woke up in an empty bed; the sheets on Sehun’s side didn’t seem to have moved a bit during the night.

 

‘Sehun, where are you?’

 

The flower boy was starting to worry. What if something happened to Sehun? He could always call his cell phone and see if the younger answered. He composed the number he knew by heart and waited, hearing the ringtones, until he heard something else in his apartment. Sehun’s cell phone.  The younger had left it on the kitchen table as well as his keys. It was like he didn’t plan to come back.

 

‘Like he didn’t plan to come back.’ The thought of Sehun leaving him harshly hit Luhan.

 

"No, no, no. This cannot be happening." He said as the tears started to roll down his cheeks. 

 

And he ran to the only place which could confirm Sehun was really gone. The bathroom. When he entered the room, it was filled with the odor of shampoo, the one Sehun usually used, but his toothbrush wasn’t there.

 

Luhan’s heart crumbled as he started crying even more, reality hitting him hard.

 

‘You shouldn’t be with him. It’s not good for you.’

 

‘Don’t talk about him right now Luhan. Please don’t bring that during Christmas time.’

 

He hit his head on the mirror above the sink, on which he was now leaning. Something fell from inside of it because of the shock. He took it and was about to throw it away when something caught his attention. These were medication. His medication. The pills he was supposed to take for something he didn’t even remember. Since when didn’t he take them?

 

He got up and walked to the kitchen and looked at his agenda.

 

He had a medical appointment two days ago.

 

He forgot.

 

Running to his room, Luhan slammed the door open and head to his night table to find a letter on it.

 

He forgot it too.

 

He remembered now why he should have taken those pills.

 

It was supposed to help him remember.

He didn’t forget Sehun’s favorite breakfast,

His smiles,

The sound of his voice,

His touch,

His way of saying ‘I love you’,

He didn’t forget how much he loved him, but…

He simply forgot that Sehun was no longer with him and that he won’t come back.

 

‘Happy second anniversary, Sehun-ah’ he whispered, the letter thigh against his heart.

 

Dear Luhan,

It’s weird writing this, you know? Writing as a dead person when I am, in fact, still alive is pretty strange, but I have to do this. I WANT to do this. This cancer won’t leave me alone and you know that right? I’m dying right now and you know it too.

My only regret is to not have spent enough time with you and I wanted you to know it. You’ll have to promise me something.... Be happy for both of us. I want you to live for both of us, laugh for both of us.... and love for both of us.

I’ll wait for you as long as it takes.

I love you Luhan-ah.

Happy second anniversary <3

Your Sehun.

                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       

I'm so sorryyyyy I didn't warned you >.<

Usually I don't write these kinds of fics because I'm a crybaby ...

But I wasn't going to give the punch, right?

Can you forgive me for that? 

Please comment and subscribe :)

See you soon too! I have a chaptered fic in preparation ;) <3

Cam :)